Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going to the fiestas de es canar today, with our friends and kids(10-13 years old). Where to eat with a good price and quality,for a evening meal.Maybe 8 or 8.30 beforellthe locals?

When did a forum member last visit La Brasa? ?
Anyone know if its still an overpriced disappointment?
Such much potential, it's a shame to see the location go to waste. (I last went in 2011)
Never dissapoint the 2 times i've been to la brasa ? ibz 18 (a note of 6/10) ,aioli & bread was among best ones i ate in ibz & paellas yummih.
when people recommande tapas & lounge san an, a pure touristic trap :rolleyes: i give 1/10, just saying...better buy ur ham/cheese slice in spar/Hypercentro supermarket than goin back there ?

Never dissapoint the 2 times i've been to la brasa ? (a note of 6/10) ,aioli & bread was among best ones i ate in ibz & paellas yummih.
when people recommande tapas & lounge san an, a pure touristic trap ? i give 1/10, just saying...

Hardly a tourist trap... it's off a side road. You wouldn't know it was there unless you were looking...

i ve read comments here ...so much fuzz for it, it's just around the corner of ibz spotlight so i can understand ur choice ?
I got a few restaurant on my to do list in san an such

Bistro de stephan (anyone been there and recommand some meals? )
Rias baixas ( should be my restaurant 30€ (no need to go to el carmen now for a good paella ? or bogavante caldera) budget beside cheap menu del dia 11€ budget (Benitez, cafe cervantes)
Ibz on a shoestring and not on gourmet budget :rolleyes:

I didn't mind Tapas Restaurant - nice garden, pleasant staff, decent steaks but something didn't quite click - just didn't feel very IBZ...

We're going to the fiestas de es canar today, with our friends and kids(10-13 years old). Where to eat with a good price and quality,for a evening meal.Maybe 8 or 8.30 beforellthe locals?
This is probably going to be too late, but anyway....I would recommend Marsol, but it's right in the middle of the closed off street area and will be rammed. How about one of the places at the back of the beach like Brisamar or Mar Bella? Enjoy whatever you do.

here's a recommendation when you're VERY hungry and want to fill your stomach without breaking the bank. this isn't a gourmet place and not posh at all, but sometimes it's not what you're after eh!

la manduca - they have two places, one is in ibiza town, the other is in san jordi. we had lunch in the san jordi one today. anyone who's ever eaten with me (a few here on the forum have) knows I really am quite a big eater. but the portions you get in la manduca are easily the biggest I've seen on the island recently. my wife ordered a chicken salad and she managed to eat maybe a quarter of it. I've had one of their famous 'pizzanesas' and also didn't manage to finish it completely. just ask for a doggy bag at the end and you take the rest with you no problem (I think they're quite used to that).

the pizzanesa = like a pizza, but instead of dough, the base for it is a breaded veal or chicken escalope. and then the rest of ingredients on top. sounds weird if you've never had it, but if you're hungry it'll do the trick.

also...the pizzanesa, the massive salad, two drinks...total just over 30€.

thank me later!

Some reviews from this past week :

Club Talamanca
Best pizza’s on the island for me

El Pulpo Talamanca
Too expensive

Es Xarcu
Expensive but worth it cuz best fish I ever ate

Fish Shack
As always great food (24 euro for the tuna)

Es Mercat Tapas
Went twice this week so best tapas on the Island for me, only locals and very friendly staff

El Deseo Jesús
Best Mexican

The restaurant Can Pepeta on the Sant Joan road re-open tonight.
Run by one of the guy involved in the 6 Senses hotel project.
My wife went there yesterday with a group of girls, they were all very disappointed.
The list of the bad things they said would be too long to write here.
Mega-Super-Overpriced.

The restaurant on the rooftop terrace of the hotel Aguas De Ibiza in Santa Eulalia will reopen at the beginning of august as Maymanta, by peruvian chef Omar Malpartida.

Previously known as Vi Cool, by spanish chef Sergi Arola...

aguasdeibiza-top-bar-piscina-002-w1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back