Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have they done to Soleado :eek:? Apart from the lovely food, part of charm was sitting so close to the sea, albeit it somewhat precariously! Shame it's become a victim of the remodelling they've done there.
Another victim of the remodeling of the Figueretas promenade is El Sol, which announced they won't be opening this year!

Chimichurri, San Agustin - Wed 24 July

First visit here. I really liked the setting - the outdoor patio is very nice and with the vineyard-esque decor and running water feature are very relaxing. We ordered bread, alioli and olives to share, 2 x 180g fillet steak, a btl of Malbec, 1l still table water, green pepper sauce, 2 x desserts (panna cotta and banoffee pie). Total bill was just shy of €85.
A few minor complaints: the fried potatoes were a little greasy and could've been done longer and the mains came out far too quickly. We'd barely touched the bread when they arrived.
The steak was beautiful though and the service was very good.
One other point: we asked them to call us a cab once we finished and they told us they've been known to take up to 45minutes!! Fortunately, we didn't wait that long - it was there within 10.

Whilst we enjoyed it, we still prefer Can Pilot and Sa Capella.

Chimichurri, San Agustin - Wed 24 July

First visit here. I really liked the setting - the outdoor patio is very nice and with the vineyard-esque decor and running water feature are very relaxing. We ordered bread, alioli and olives to share, 2 x 180g fillet steak, a btl of Malbec, 1l still table water, green pepper sauce, 2 x desserts (panna cotta and banoffee pie). Total bill was just shy of €85.
A few minor complaints: the fried potatoes were a little greasy and could've been done longer and the mains came out far too quickly. We'd barely touched the bread when they arrived.
The steak was beautiful though and the service was very good.
One other point: we asked them to call us a cab once we finished and they told us they've been known to take up to 45minutes!! Fortunately, we didn't wait that long - it was there within 10.

Whilst we enjoyed it, we still prefer Can Pilot and Sa Capella.

Went there with @fatphilb once! Food was decent. Staff lovely. There's probably a review on here somewhere

Avocado Queen in ibiza town yesterday(not our choice, some friends really wanted to show us this place)...
What to say... ?
One of these new concept-restaurants (all the food around avocado ?) without soul, expensive, bad service, unfriendly, like a lot of these new places in ibiza town since a few years.
Perfect for all the new customers of the zone, hipsters, neo-hippies with money, yacht users...
A waste of time and money.
Just an example, first price for wine(not bad but nothing special) :28€...
After a 250€ bill for 4,we had to ask for the traditional chupitos, and the boss was really not happy about it.
Wankers.

Oh dear .... but I think you kind of suspected - to have to drive back to Portinatx and pack up an Apartment after that is just insult to injury !!!!!!!! :lol:

dj sneak got sick after eating burgers in ibiza at the butcher ibiza with other 5 people
for those that like their hamburger, maybe not a good idea to eat there? ?

Anyone been to Casa Maca or Jul's?

Currently hesitating between both... Not the same location and food of course, but both are looking nice... It is to extend my Ibiza restaurant knowledge ;-)

Currently more tempted by Casa Maca... :)

If you went, curious to hear your thoughts on Maca...

If you went, curious to hear your thoughts on Maca...

I went yesterday :) I will do my yearly review of all restaurants during next week :)

Casa Maca is a stunning location, great view over dalt villa. Food is great (best croquetas de Jamon I tried on the island!) but it is quite expensive... Perfect for a romantic dinner!

We were at El Bigotes today and for the first time the man himself was not at the top table. He was nowhere to be seen. Is he OK?

overheard a conversation at the table next to me in san carlos earlier today. apparently he died :(

overheard a conversation at the table next to me in san carlos earlier today. apparently he died :(

Ah no. That’s dreadful news. I knew something wasn’t right, he was always at that top table. He created quite an institution; One dish, full house, every day. The family seem to have things under control as ever so long may it continue. RIP Juan Ferrer.

Hello! I'm looking for some suggestions for restaurants in Ibiza Town (preferably close to the port) beyond the typical google searches. The ideal place for us would have a local feel, reasonable prices and good for people watching/getting into the nightlife vibe as we will be there prior to going out partying. All suggestions are welcome and much appreciated. Thanks!

Went to Jul’s last night - reminded me how KM5 used to be. Gorgeous venue, staff & clientele. Very good food, expensive drinks and wine menu. Greek chef plus kitchen staff - lots of twists on Greek dishes like deconstructed giros, baklava.

Good for a special occasion / event - birthdays etc. We went for a birthday.

Hello! I'm looking for some suggestions for restaurants in Ibiza Town (preferably close to the port) beyond the typical google searches. The ideal place for us would have a local feel, reasonable prices and good for people watching/getting into the nightlife vibe as we will be there prior to going out partying. All suggestions are welcome and much appreciated. Thanks!

tricky to tick all those boxes if I‘m completely honest

If you could tick a couple or just give some prudent suggestions for some spots? I really just don't want to go without a plan and fall into a tourist trap on our one night in town.

reasonable prices / cheap: comidas san juan and los pasajeros

very good but not cheap: mariner (don‘t go without booking). also ticks people watching

la tana (italian cuisine) is also cool

The restaurant on the rooftop terrace of the hotel Aguas De Ibiza in Santa Eulalia will reopen at the beginning of august as Maymanta, by peruvian chef Omar Malpartida.

Previously known as Vi Cool, by spanish chef Sergi Arola...

aguasdeibiza-top-bar-piscina-002-w1.jpg
Maymanta, the new restaurant by awarded peruvian chef Omar Malpartida on the rooftop terrace of Aguas De Ibiza Grand Luxe Hotel in Santa Eulalia, opens this friday 2nd of august. It will be open to the public from saturday 3rd of august, from noon to 4pm and from 7pm to midnight. A reduced menu will be available all day to taste their dishes around the pool or in the restaurant.

OMARMALPARTIDA-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back