Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not very cheap but neither very expensive. I'd say calculate around 50-60€ per head, more if you have a bottle of wine. it's one of those places I wouldn't personally go on a weekly basis, but once a year, YES.

I think @McRackin is also still a fan of this place - he took me there in the first place when I was an ibiza virgin!!

Cheers. we generally fit in a couple of 'splurge' meals per trip but it's good to know how much to expect to pay in advance.

ha! can you believe in all those years I've never been. that one is very popular to eat the calçots in winter...but I just never made it (yet)

Most recent trip we ate at ;

Hostal Talamanca (nice tapas, sat down without realising it was a fairly pricey spot but ordered enough semi affordable tapas to spare my blushes).

Can Curune (had planned on watching sunset at Benirras which wasn't exactly amazing and then Barca match over dinner without realising that was Wednesday and not Tuesday but it was a great mix of germans and barca fans cheering on bayern and one old guy cheering real madrid, great food, great family atmosphere and service - definitely a favourite I'll keep returning to).

Perejil - once for breakfast and again for a lazy menu del dia (8 euros). Absolutely loved it, despite the roadworks outside.

Bar Costa - great atmosphere, found myself bigging up the bocadillos before we got here and they weren't bad but not as great as i remember. I maybe overhyped it a bit!

El Rincon de Pepe San An - just great tapas, cozy setting and great service and reasonable.

Villa Mercedes - went on a Saturday afternoon for the 20 euro menu del dia. Was my first time here and although it was empty it was a great spot for a lazy lunch and the food was tremendous. Three courses and a few drinks came to just 60 euros which was great.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience/feedback on Cas Costas Grill (not far from the airport), or on Ca Na Hathai Thai (in Sant Miquel de Balansat)?

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience/feedback on Cas Costas Grill (not far from the airport), or on Ca Na Hathai Thai (in Sant Miquel de Balansat)?

have been to both. cas costas is quite nice. ca na hathai is ok but I've had far better thai fare on the island.

Can anyone recommend a good (and not ridiculously expensive) meat resteraunt in the San Antonio area? I liked the look of Balafia but it looks a good 25 minute drive away.

as per your suggestion we tried Can Pilot - absolutely blown away by the food and service.

The T bone steak I had in there was arguably the best steak I've ever eaten and was extremely well priced. The staff were also very pleasant and we're very knowledgeable about the stuff on the menu. Luckily for us we were able to pinch the last unreserved table :D

Thanks for your that recommendation!

ha! I did not click that you were referring to tonight so you have been lucky indeed. can pilot is always solid and a place we go to a few times a year.

Fish Shack is another place we've never got a chance to visit and will be going tomorrow - I'll post up a proper review when I'm home but from a food perspective it's been the best trip I've ever had in Ibiza.

If you do some research, there are some truly great places to eat on this island.

the gastronomy is fantastic on here.
I´ve not been to fish shack yet this year, please take a note at what you get charged tomorrow. I love the place but they´ve gone up with prices quite a bit in last years. it´s still OK, but if you consider the setting etc it also really can´t turn into an expensive place.

bonus tip for fish shack: order - go swimming - then eat :) and keep in mind that you should either go early (like 1/2pm) or late (5pm), if you arrive at 3pm you´ll likely wait a bit until you get a table.

We were thinking around 5/6PM for a very late lunch so that sounds perfect. I'll post a short review tomorrow once I've been!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back