Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say when it will happen. The one in c. Madrid isn't ready to open just yet.

The latest I heard is that they aren't moving but opening a Can Terra II...

Ah ok. A second one would be a great idea. It was again packed, had to go to El Zaguan instead (which is also very nice)

returned to jockey club this afternoon after some years. the lady had tuna tartar and she was so excited after that. said it was one of the best foods she‘s had EVER, not just in ibiza. I had the salmon tartar which was also great. tuna was 32, salmon was 26.

Anybody here who was eating at Casa Maca??? It must be a beautiful, rural location with a good view to Dalt Vila. What ive seen on Instagram lately, all the bid Djs have dinner there. It belongs to Grupo Mambo which has several restaurants like El Chiringuito at Cala Cracioneta.
Yes was there with some friends, it was good but not cheap.
Ps. friends loved it

Attachments

• rsz_120190718_003527.jpg
    rsz_120190718_003527.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 5
  • rsz_120190717_221219.jpg
    rsz_120190717_221219.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 5
  • rsz_20190717_213419.jpg
    rsz_20190717_213419.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 5
  • rsz_20190717_213408.jpg
    rsz_20190717_213408.jpg
    627.7 KB · Views: 5
  • rsz_20190717_213125.jpg
    rsz_20190717_213125.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 5
  • rsz_20190717_212923.jpg
    rsz_20190717_212923.jpg
    801.8 KB · Views: 5
  • rsz_20190717_212907.jpg
    rsz_20190717_212907.jpg
    742.2 KB · Views: 5
For tapas we liked this place,in Ibiza town next to Multicines

Attachments

• rsz_20190719_161607.jpg
    rsz_20190719_161607.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 8
  • rsz_20190718_181006.jpg
    rsz_20190718_181006.jpg
    700.9 KB · Views: 8
We’ve been creatures of habit the last couple of years as our favourites have since become the kids favourites too. So I don’t think I have any new additions from our recent trip. So at the risk of just repeating previous reviews, here is a brief selection of no frills but delicious places on the island that deserve another mention for anyone seeking out a bit of classic old school Ibiza.

Bar Costa, Santa Getrudis
I've banged on about this place every year. Bocadillos around €4 with jamon / sobresada / salami / Manchego etc or €7 with Iberico, or choose from small plates with their legendary home made bread + tomato. Plenty of options. A very cheap and very good lunch.

El Carmen, Cala d'Hort
Again I bang on about here almost every year but seriously we all have to be very grateful for places like this. A prime location with an incredible view overlooking the two rocks that are so loved and have become part of the islands identity right across the world. Incredible. So... clearly, in the wrong hands, the heritage of Cala d'Hort could very easily be destroyed in a flash if places like El Carmen were under the ownership of people with questionable motives involving Bali beds, bell ends and minimum spends. Each to their own of course. Ha. Thankfully, it’s none of those things, it's a traditional, bustling, slickly run fish restaurant with amazing staff and imo still one of the best paellas on the island with prices starting from just €20 per person. So, the cheapest paella option; a simple Spanish paella for two and a couple of glasses of vino for €45 in the front row view to Es Vedra? Bravo.

Can Pilot, San Rafael
Sensational. Hard to beat this place. Exactly the same standard and texture of meat the last time we were there. We opted for the Ox T bone on the table bbq grill. Potatoes. Grilled tomatoes. Grilled peppers. Huge choice on the menu. Prices the same. Outstanding service the same. Vibe the same. Consistently brilliant.

Fonda Can Costa, Ibiza Town
Blink and you’ll miss it. Back streets of the marina, down a few steps into a basement, a handful of tables with classic red and white tablecloths and welcoming hosts. Family owned restaurant since 1924. Soup starter a few Euro, grilled fish of your choice with salad and potatoes €11.50, flao to finish. Simple as that.

Bar San Juan, Ibiza Town
Another essential. The oldest restaurant in Ibiza (I think?). Very simple Spanish food. Zero frills. No reservations, either arrive before opening and queue for a little bit before 8.30pm or come a bit later and they can take your name and give you a rough time to come back. Tables inside and also out the back on the street. Starters from a few euro upwards, main dishes from €7-15 ish max. Daily specials. Bottle house red €6 or €7. Tins of Estrella for cañas.

Es Pins, San Juan Road near San Lorenzo
A fantastic little place still keeping it very real with their traditional dishes. Again incredible prices for proper food cooked by people who care. Quite a small menu compared to other places but some gems throughout including salads, classic rice dishes and slow cooked meats. Fish soup is great at around €8 plus their sofrit pagès is amaxing at around €13/14. Their standout though is their home baked bread which is just awesome. Well worth the trip.

just been to bambuddha for the first time. great experience. how beautiful inside! food was excellent, and service too (not always in ibiza). yes, portions were a bit small for the price but just order more :) all our dishes were between 20 and 30 euros and we had 4 of them to feel full between us two. Shared them, as is encouraged there. I liked it a lot.

Good for vegans & vegetarians too (although I still ate meat & fish when I first went, in 2003).

For such a gorgeous setting and atmosphere, I don't think the price is too bad. Hey, it's Ibiza! Always a nice option for a special occasion or end of holiday last hurrah.

We’ve been creatures of habit the last couple of years as our favourites have since become the kids favourites too. So I don’t think I have any new additions from our recent trip. So at the risk of just repeating previous reviews, here is a brief selection of no frills but delicious places on the island that deserve another mention for anyone seeking out a bit of classic old school Ibiza.

I've banged on about this place every year. Bocadillos around €4 with jamon / sobresada / salami / Manchego etc or €7 with Iberico, or choose from small plates with their legendary home made bread + tomato. Plenty of options. A very cheap and very good lunch.

El Carmen, Cala d'Hort
Again I bang on about here almost every year but seriously we all have to be very grateful for places like this. A prime location with an incredible view overlooking the two rocks that are so loved and have become part of the islands identity right across the world. Incredible. So... clearly, in the wrong hands, the heritage of Cala d'Hort could very easily be destroyed in a flash if places like El Carmen were under the ownership of people with questionable motives involving Bali beds, bell ends and minimum spends. Each to their own of course. Ha. Thankfully, it’s none of those things, it's a traditional, bustling, slickly run fish restaurant with amazing staff and imo still one of the best paellas on the island with prices starting from just €20 per person. So, the cheapest paella option; a simple Spanish paella for two and a couple of glasses of vino for €45 in the front row view to Es Vedra? Bravo.

Can Pilot, San Rafael
Sensational. Hard to beat this place. Exactly the same standard and texture of meat the last time we were there. We opted for the Ox T bone on the table bbq grill. Potatoes. Grilled tomatoes. Grilled peppers. Huge choice on the menu. Prices the same. Outstanding service the same. Vibe the same. Consistently brilliant.

Blink and you’ll miss it. Back streets of the marina, down a few steps into a basement, a handful of tables with classic red and white tablecloths and welcoming hosts. Family owned restaurant since 1924. Soup starter a few Euro, grilled fish of your choice with salad and potatoes €11.50, flao to finish. Simple as that.

Bar San Juan, Ibiza Town
Another essential. The oldest restaurant in Ibiza (I think?). Very simple Spanish food. Zero frills. No reservations, either arrive before opening and queue for a little bit before 8.30pm or come a bit later and they can take your name and give you a rough time to come back. Tables inside and also out the back on the street. Starters from a few euro upwards, main dishes from €7-15 ish max. Daily specials. Bottle house red €6 or €7. Tins of Estrella for cañas.

A fantastic little place still keeping it very real with their traditional dishes. Again incredible prices for proper food cooked by people who care. Quite a small menu compared to other places but some gems throughout including salads, classic rice dishes and slow cooked meats. Fish soup is great at around €8 plus their sofrit pagès is amaxing at around €13/14. Their standout though is their home baked bread which is just awesome. Well worth the trip.

real ibiza

clearly, in the wrong hands, the heritage of Cala d'Hort could very easily be destroyed in a flash if places like El Carmen were under the ownership of people with questionable motives involving Bali beds, bell ends and minimum spends.
??????

El Carmen, Cala d'Hort

Can Pilot, San Rafael

Bar San Juan, Ibiza Town

Top post as always. We're considering san juan for our last meal. Is there a big queue?

Top post as always. We're considering san juan for our last meal. Is there a big queue?

depends on the time you get there but do expect to wait...you can put yourself on the waiting list and they'll normally tell you how long it'll take so in the meantime you can go and have a beer somewhere or go shopping.

Ive been eating mostly in old town and close to where my apartment is in figueretes, so far the best food ive eaten was at a place called retro gusto just down the street from me. I had a grilled salmon salad, big serving and very affordable, two drinks (amazing sangria) and a meal was about 20 euro.

Heading to Portinax shortly for a ride, will be looking for a meal there.

returned to jockey club this afternoon after some years. the lady had tuna tartar and she was so excited after that. said it was one of the best foods she‘s had EVER, not just in ibiza. I had the salmon tartar which was also great. tuna was 32, salmon was 26.
Tuna and salmon... 0% ibicencos products... ?

El Carmen, Cala d'Hort

Can Pilot, San Rafael

Bar San Juan, Ibiza Town

The post we wait for every year!

Thanks - which of these are open all year (or late Oct / early Nov)?

El Carmen, Cala d'Hort

Can Pilot, San Rafael

Bar San Juan, Ibiza Town

I was rushing and hoping for some quick and non-expensive like pizza before DJ Awards on Monday. I parked at IKEA and on my walk to OD Ocean Drive I didn't pass anything that fit that description. In the end I opted for Il Giardinetto in Marina Botafoch. I didn't have high expectations and the welcome was a little frosty. However, once I ordered their coldness dropped and they were really friendly and attentive. It wasn't busy at this time, only two other tables occupied and no more than 6 people dining in total.
I went for the grilled Mediterranean octopus in the end and it was amazing. I tempted to say on par with Pacha's, only the mashed potato was BETTER! Total bill for that plus 2 x cana and a coffee to end came to €28. For the location, I didn't think that was too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back