Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is good for Paella around the north of the island?
Planning a road trip round the island for next year starting early morning by Es Vedra and want to finish by Sunset Ashram for Sunset. Would like to have lunch somewhere that does a really nice paella so any ideas around the northern parts of the island would be great.

Where is good for Paella around the north of the island?
Planning a road trip round the island for next year starting early morning by Es Vedra and want to finish by Sunset Ashram for Sunset. Would like to have lunch somewhere that does a really nice paella so any ideas around the northern parts of the island would be great.
Balansat, San Miguel Beach.
Restaurante 2000, Benirras.
Restaurante Playa San Vicente, Cala San Vicente.

Have anybody been eating at El Portalon in Dalt Vila under the new owners?
Second best in the most beautiful restaurants of 2018!

Went back to Ibiza back in May (sorry for the late reviews but real life has been a bit distracting to say the least!).Anyway,
We visited several restaurants whilst we were there and they ranged from Extremely good to extremely disappointing.

First of all we went to The Curry Club. I'd heard loads about the place and almost all of it good so I was really looking forward to this. However, I found the service distinctly average- they certainly could have done with an extra couple of waiting-on staff as the service was slow and this was only the middle of May. The starters were nice and tasty (bhaji's and samosas) so no complaints there however when the mains arrived there was a huge amount of rice but only a small amount of curry (my dad had the vegetable korma and I had the lamb Rhogan Josh). The sauce was delicious and was cooked to perfection but there was far too little of it, even more so given the price. I would only give it 2.5 stars out of 5 as a result.

The next night we went to Sa Soca. This restaurant is on the San Jose road just out of San Antonio. The staff were very polite and attentive, the view was spectacular (the back has a great view of Benimussa). They have a wide range of starters (if you order the calamari as a starter opt for the half portion as you still get LOADS), and with lots of vegetarian options for starters. The only drawback was that they don't have much in the way of vegetarian mains but when asked the chef made my father an excellent vegetable omelette that was absolutely choc-full of veg. I had the lamb stew which was divine. For pudding we both had the greixonerra which came in a huge slab and we finished with a complimentary glass of home-made hierbas. Excellent, and I would recommend the place to anyone. 4.5 out of 5 (only because of the aforementioned lack of veggie mains).

Next night we went to what used to be my favourite restaurant in the whole world which only made my disappointment at this visit even worse. Es Ventall used to be amazing. Fantastic service, superb food, which was beautifully presented and an all round excellent dining experience. Not any more. First we were sat at a table that was literally crawling with ants so we asked to be moved to another table. The young waiter pulled his face and said all the tables would be the same but we persisted and so he found us another table. I don't know if he knew that I saw him scowling whilst looking at us when talking to the young female waitress but if he did he didn't care. At this point I wanted to leave but my dad's 70 years old and said he needed something to eat and didn't want to be traipsing round in the heat looking for somewhere else. There were a few vegetarian starters but I was so annoyed I said we should just have a main and get out of there. There were no vegetarian mains so my father asked the young waiter if he could ask the chef if he could do him an omelette (as he had been offered at Sa Soca) and received a flat "No.". As a result we had to order the vegetable paella which was obviously something which I didn't really want. We finished the food and asked for the bill which took 20 minutes to arrive in spite of us asking another couple of times for it. As a result I can only give it 0.5 out of 5 and that's only because the beer was cold and the food was hot.

The next night we stopped at a little place in San Augustin called Ses Pereiras. What a marvelous contrast to the night before! The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for us, the setting is really nice and the food delicious. We both had this fried cheese thing that was both chewy and crunchy and full of flavour (be warned the middle of it is like lava) and for my main I had some sort of 'fish loin steak' with well seasoned vegetables. The flavours just burst in my mouth- it was heavenly. For desert I had the greixonerra (again) and it was truly the best I've tasted in Ibiza and I've stuffed my fat face with an awful lot of it over the years! I had two complimentary glasses of hierbas and my father had one as he was driving but the waitress kept trying to tempt me to have more. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. 5 out of 5

On our last night we didn't want to trek too far so we went to the Chinese restaurant at the bottom of the West End which I can never remember the name of despite having eaten there at least a dozen times over the years. It's the one with the terrace where you can watch the comings and goings to and from the Sunset Strip and West end as you dine. The service is always good as is the food and they have a very extensive menu. I had the barbecue ribs for starters and the duck something or other for my main. Both were as good as expected. 4 out of 5

Also worth a mention is my sometime lunchtime haunt El Rincon de Pepe. Great service and lovely tapas which hasn't diminished any over the years I've been going. 4 out of 5

Went back to Ibiza back in May (sorry for the late reviews but real life has been a bit distracting to say the least!).Anyway,
We visited several restaurants whilst we were there and they ranged from Extremely good to extremely disappointing.

First of all we went to The Curry Club. I'd heard loads about the place and almost all of it good so I was really looking forward to this. However, I found the service distinctly average- they certainly could have done with an extra couple of waiting-on staff as the service was slow and this was only the middle of May. The starters were nice and tasty (bhaji's and samosas) so no complaints there however when the mains arrived there was a huge amount of rice but only a small amount of curry (my dad had the vegetable korma and I had the lamb Rhogan Josh). The sauce was delicious and was cooked to perfection but there was far too little of it, even more so given the price. I would only give it 2.5 stars out of 5 as a result.

The next night we went to Sa Soca. This restaurant is on the San Jose road just out of San Antonio. The staff were very polite and attentive, the view was spectacular (the back has a great view of Benimussa). They have a wide range of starters (if you order the calamari as a starter opt for the half portion as you still get LOADS), and with lots of vegetarian options for starters. The only drawback was that they don't have much in the way of vegetarian mains but when asked the chef made my father an excellent vegetable omelette that was absolutely choc-full of veg. I had the lamb stew which was divine. For pudding we both had the greixonerra which came in a huge slab and we finished with a complimentary glass of home-made hierbas. Excellent, and I would recommend the place to anyone. 4.5 out of 5 (only because of the aforementioned lack of veggie mains).

Next night we went to what used to be my favourite restaurant in the whole world which only made my disappointment at this visit even worse. Es Ventall used to be amazing. Fantastic service, superb food, which was beautifully presented and an all round excellent dining experience. Not any more. First we were sat at a table that was literally crawling with ants so we asked to be moved to another table. The young waiter pulled his face and said all the tables would be the same but we persisted and so he found us another table. I don't know if he knew that I saw him scowling whilst looking at us when talking to the young female waitress but if he did he didn't care. At this point I wanted to leave but my dad's 70 years old and said he needed something to eat and didn't want to be traipsing round in the heat looking for somewhere else. There were a few vegetarian starters but I was so annoyed I said we should just have a main and get out of there. There were no vegetarian mains so my father asked the young waiter if he could ask the chef if he could do him an omelette (as he had been offered at Sa Soca) and received a flat "No.". As a result we had to order the vegetable paella which was obviously something which I didn't really want. We finished the food and asked for the bill which took 20 minutes to arrive in spite of us asking another couple of times for it. As a result I can only give it 0.5 out of 5 and that's only because the beer was cold and the food was hot.

The next night we stopped at a little place in San Augustin called Ses Pereiras. What a marvelous contrast to the night before! The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for us, the setting is really nice and the food delicious. We both had this fried cheese thing that was both chewy and crunchy and full of flavour (be warned the middle of it is like lava) and for my main I had some sort of 'fish loin steak' with well seasoned vegetables. The flavours just burst in my mouth- it was heavenly. For desert I had the greixonerra (again) and it was truly the best I've tasted in Ibiza and I've stuffed my fat face with an awful lot of it over the years! I had two complimentary glasses of hierbas and my father had one as he was driving but the waitress kept trying to tempt me to have more. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. 5 out of 5

On our last night we didn't want to trek too far so we went to the Chinese restaurant at the bottom of the West End which I can never remember the name of despite having eaten there at least a dozen times over the years. It's the one with the terrace where you can watch the comings and goings to and from the Sunset Strip and West end as you dine. The service is always good as is the food and they have a very extensive menu. I had the barbecue ribs for starters and the duck something or other for my main. Both were as good as expected. 4 out of 5

Also worth a mention is my sometime lunchtime haunt El Rincon de Pepe. Great service and lovely tapas which hasn't diminished any over the years I've been going. 4 out of 5

Some good advice on those reviews, must give the Se Pereiras a go.

Staying in port des torrent for Easter.. don't want to be traveling to far..any recommendations

like thai? pom thai in the bay was superb...but not sure they‘ll be open yet. else can pujol is also fantastic (fish, seafood, rice dishes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back