Removals

Warren D

I'm trying to figure out what items it is worth moving from the UK to Ibiza. I have a couple of nice leather 2 seater sofas that cost me a little under £2000 each and I didnt want to part with them but I'm thinking it's going to cost a lot to ship them so maybe it's not a good idea? I only have a few other items that I want to take. Say a couple of tea chest size boxes full. Has anyone done something similar or just left everything behind?

stephen

Super Moderator
Staff member
i'd bring everything i possibly could. get a quote from one of the removals companies which advertise in the ibiza sun and remember that the choice of furniture/house equipment here is limited and expensive.

stephen

Super Moderator
Staff member
ikea does ship to ibiza. they even have their own delivery van here now as the service has been so successful. i went there during my hols in mallorca and reckon that i could have funded my ferry costs by the savings i made on purchases there.

blackswan555

I had the same problem when I moved, I had 2 x three seater leather I had paid around £1500 for about 6 months before, If I remember correctly, removals was about £165 per sq meter, I sold mine and bought a big L shaped material thing with electric recline on the end for €1900 in the sales (%30 off ) here on the Island,
I am not sure if leather will be good here, with so much humidity, the wife`s boots go mouldy if not cleaned / used regularly, it`s probably her feet :) :) no other people have said the same about shoe`s and jackets :)
Have a good one
Tim

grego

ikea does ship to ibiza. they even have their own delivery van here now as the service has been so successful. i went there during my hols in mallorca and reckon that i could have funded my ferry costs by the savings i made on purchases there.
you went on holiday to ikea??

stephen

Super Moderator
Staff member
i sure did. it was fantastic. (i also went to the camper and lottusse warehouses in inca)