Reliable Latin Translation

Trevor from Slough

Its for a tattoo, my thinking is latin is a language of the past but is not forgotten and the tat. is for someone that died :)()

However, I dont trust the online translators one little bit.

Any help at all?

(The translation is for "I will never forget you")

OK, serious answer,online translation,look at more than one, or go to Waterstones/WH Smiths.

Remember that Latin/Italian not excactly the same :idea:

Its for a tattoo, my thinking is latin is a language of the past but is not forgotten and the tat. is for someone that died :)()

However, I dont trust the online translators one little bit.

Any help at all?

(The translation is for "I will never forget you")

if you go to a reliable one you should be ok. One of my tattoos is my daughters name in sanskrit, got it translated online by a language proffessor at mumbai university, then double checked off a sanskrit speaking friend of my father in-laws in Goa, it was spot on.

Ascendo Tuum

;)

No seriously

My Godfather is an former Grammar School teacher so I'll have it for you later (hopefully)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, serious answer,online translation,look at more than one, or go to Waterstones/WH Smiths.

Remember that Latin/Italian not excactly the same :idea:

:lol: I know, it was an alternative, as I would imagine Italian is more widely spoken ;)

Ascendo Tuum

;)

No seriously

My Godfather is an former Grammar School teacher so I'll have it for you later (hopefully)

Thats great, cheers

Yet you'll trust spotlight???? :lol::lol::lol:

For someone to point me in the right direction, a little bit :lol: Its a lot better than any other forum I use, the 2 other regulars I'd dread to think what they'd suggest

italian is

non ti dimenticherò

but let stivi confirm if that is right.

latin, i've asked someone to confirm but from what i can remember. ( i'm not 100% sure i've got the tense right though.)

nunquam te oblivisci

italian is

non ti dimenticherò

but let stivi confirm if that is right.

latin, i've asked someone to confirm but from what i can remember. ( i'm not 100% sure i've got the tense right though.)

nunquam te oblivisci

Cheers Grego, as it goes I've just found a forum for Latin speakers, hopefully I'll get confirmation on there but that looks spot on from what I've seen before posting here

Much appreciated :D

I had mine translated for a fiver from a tattoo site.

I had them double checked too and all 100% confirmed.

Have used them 4 times now and know others who use them too.

They do any language.

I will dig out the site for you if you need it.

I had mine translated for a fiver from a tattoo site.

I had them double checked too and all 100% confirmed.

Have used them 4 times now and know others who use them too.

They do any language.

I will dig out the site for you if you need it.

Sorry, don't do latin see below response.

Hey Liam, doing well thanks.

Our Latin translator took time out to go travelling and I never found someone of decent calibre to replace him so at present we don’t do Latin.

if you go to a reliable one you should be ok. One of my tattoos is my daughters name in sanskrit, got it translated online by a language proffessor at mumbai university, then double checked off a sanskrit speaking friend of my father in-laws in Goa, it was spot on.

What made you choose to have it done in Sanskrit?

Back