Recycling in Ibiza

CiaoIbiza; said:
Not getting enough fiber in your diet?
I get plenty enough fibre because I don't eat foods that have had any fibre removed.
Even meat contains fibre which along with animal fat helps to expel any waste left over from eating meat. Very little of meat is actually expelled from the body anyway because the body uses most of it. I mostly eat meat and vegetables but no grain products. Also I don't overeat. Therefore I produce very little fecal matter or other waste and so am doing my bit to save the planet. :lol:
A lot of it is bull****! :lol:
CiaoIbiza; said:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
- Arthur Schopenhauer
I was joking which should have been obvious because I used a smilie. It was a play on the words "fecal" and "bull****" See if you can make the connection?

Last edited by a moderator:
For CiaoIbiza

I chipped into this thread with a light hearted little tale,that was meant to put you right on 'recycling in Ibiza' from then on posts were informative or humorous,sometimes both.
I believe you have an agenda,not least because you linked to a National Geographic video 'penguins washed up in Brazil' in your opening post,really don't think that is anything to do with the subject !!

About 20 mins after you started this thread you relaunched another from 2005 over on clubbing open chat, fur cool or cruel?,
You didn't get many biters there,and eventually resorted to the peta poster gals..:rolleyes:

I think you are sincere in your beliefs,but constant referall to other places as an answer to peoples comment's is tiresome.

As for where I stand on these (other issues)I will wait for a more honest starting place...:!:

This thread looks to be reaching its expiration date, though I'll address both your comments.

Warren D, your fiber intake is your own business. It wasn't meant to be taken literally. Smilie or no smilie, you're still missing the connection between how much waste it takes to produce one pound of meat. What you eat and how much you eat is your own personal choice, though if you are concerned about the environment, it is safe to say that no amount of food a vegetarian / vegan eats will result in the amount of waste created to provide food for an omnivore. There are some links posted above that if you read carefully, you'll see that the meat industry is one of the leading causes of global warming.

Don Simon, if any of these issues are of any importance to you, what are you waiting for when there are so many options for discussion and action, and not just online. If you do not like where this thread is going, why are you wasting your time? If this thread does not appeal to you, you can always ignore it rather than attempting to 'put' other people to what you perceive as your 'right'.

The dead baby penguins washing up on the beaches of Brazil is one of many signs that something is very wrong with the natural environment. With Ibiza having so many beaches, it can serve as a potential point of reference i.e. imagine dead baby penguins floating up near Bora Bora or while watching the sunset instead of in Rio...

As far as 'relaunching' the fur thread, as stated previously this is a public forum. Anyone can post their opinion. While searching for information on recycling and veganism in Ibiza, I came across it. Threads get 'relaunched'. If this topic makes you uncomfortable, you need not participate.

BTW, after I posted that thread you responded to the other one as well, though with nothing contributing to either side of the issue. Why do you care so much about what I, or anyone else, posts and how? What exactly is YOUR agenda?

Maybe you look for 'biters', but I don't go fishing. If you look closer, the post about the 'peta poster gals' was in response to a specific comment.

Much of the information about the various issues brought up can be sensitive to some, while others are misinformed or simply do not know or are not aware. A link to a credible article or video provides concrete proof and information to anyone who has further interest. Nobody is asking you to check them out. Nobody is asking you to read this.

If you have something substantial to say on any of the issues, by all means, feel free to post your views. If what I post is not to your liking, taking things out of context is not going to work. Why are you so concerned with what or how I post anyway? If you really care one way or another about the issues, then do something rather than attempt to censor someone else.

And if you don't like this thread, but care about the environment, you'll get a lot more out of doing something proactive somewhere where you feel more comfortable.

Warren D, your fiber intake is your own business. It wasn't meant to be taken literally. Smilie or no smilie, you're still missing the connection between how much waste it takes to produce one pound of meat. What you eat and how much you eat is your own personal choice, though if you are concerned about the environment, it is safe to say that no amount of food a vegetarian / vegan eats will result in the amount of waste created to provide food for an omnivore. There are some links posted above that if you read carefully, you'll see that the meat industry is one of the leading causes of global warming.
I'm not missing any connections. I know far more about this topic than you think.
I'm just about fed up with people trying to tell me where I'm going wrong. I recycle but because I tend to buy fresh foods that don't come packets and I don't buy juices or fizzy drinks I have very little to recycle, I live in a small house that we only heat the part we use, I drive a medium sized car and I'm not one of those people that is always buying something new so I'm not making a lot of impact on this planet.

I was on a vegetarian diet for a few years because I thought it might help with a few health problems I was having. I was eating only wholefoods. Most of it was organic. My health just got worse though. It seems my body does not cope well with grains, other starchy foods and a lack of meat.
It may sound selfish but my own health is more important to me than what damage my diet may be causing the planet. I'm really not interested in eating a diet that isn't healthy for me.

I think if all those millions of gluttons out there that are over eating every day stopped eating so much damn food then there wouldn't be so much waste. They don't need to eat so much so they should be the first to make changes. Not me.

I recycle but because I tend to buy fresh foods that don't come packets and I don't buy juices or fizzy drinks I have very little to recycle, I live in a small house that we only heat the part we use, I drive a medium sized car and I'm not one of those people that is always buying something new so I'm not making a lot of impact on this planet.

Warren D, it sounds as if you are definitely doing something to minimize your carbon footprint, potentially more than most people in overdeveloped countries do at this time.

It may sound selfish but my own health is more important to me than what damage my diet may be causing the planet. I'm really not interested in eating a diet that isn't healthy for me.

Actually it isn't selfish at all. Good health and beneficial nutrition is the most important priority.

I am not trying to tell you what to do. Though if health is a concern, there have been recent studies that have demonstrated the numerous health benefits of a well balanced, nutritious vegetarian / vegan diet.

There are different kinds of vegetarian and vegan diets for various dietary needs. Sometimes when making the transition, some source of nutrition is overlooked, or another is chosen which may result in allergies. If it hasn't worked for you yet, perhaps a good nutritionist may be able to identify some concerns? Though this is a personal topic that may not be suitable for a public forum.

I think if all those millions of gluttons out there that are over eating every day stopped eating so much damn food then there wouldn't be so much waste.

I agree with that.

Take care.

Green Sundays...

Thanks to CiaoIbiza for mentioning Greenheart.

Greenheart's HQ, Casita Verde, is open every Sunday of the year from 2pm till around 6pm. It is an outdoor ecology and activities centre where visitors can discover that greener living is within reach of all of us. We'll also happily talk to you about the ups and downs of recycling in Ibiza... At 4pm there's a tour of the whole centre, visiting the variety of eco facilities including the Bottle House office, solar shower, lime kiln house and eco toilet (uses no water and produces one cubic metre of "humanure" every 6 months)...

Additionally on Sundays, the eco centre offers visitors a vegetarian lunch (donations: 6€ main plate, pudding 2€) made from local and organic products where possible. There's a range of delicious juices and hot drinks (2€), including our aloe vera, honey and lemon juice and the "Ibiza Gold" carob coffee. All very healthy and tasty stuff. Please check the details for visiting on Sunday here.

Also see an older thread on this forum regarding Casita Verde.

Come and see us soon!

Cheers, Max

I got a bit grumpy with CiaoIbiza earlier in this thread, but I will say that the posting of the Greenheart info was a good and valid thing here.

1409607908_81914a735e.jpg

2760535582_e7eb917a4b.jpg
2234037531_a7cc1f4e17.jpg

flickr

One of the restaurants I was in had a notice up saying that any toilet tissue must be put in the bin and not the toilet because of sea pollution.

If that's the case then shouldn't this rule apply to every toilet in Ibiza? If so, could be messy business although I do get the concept.

Back