rate these sunset bars and give us a comment on them

N8 said:
kanya - The daddy. Quality daytime pool/terrace, great music, good service, good food.
Good crowd

crazy crowd!! :eek:

2.jpg
<--- :lol:

Ibiza-girlie said:
give us the Ibiza stuff

okay - more ibiza stuff:

par7.jpg

Cafe del mar - Its the Original sunset bar. Can get overcrowded at sunset time. Drink prices same as everywhere really around the sunset strip. Just find a spot on the rocks or beach and watch the sunset and usuallly some entertainer playing with fire or doing something interesting. food - looks basic only ever had a sandwich from there though. but that was 6 years ago lol.
3/5

Bora Bora - Not a sunset Bar but makes for interesting viewing or involving at about 4-5:00pm when people come off the beach for a dance.
A varied International crowd with the most hedonistic types from the island. Anything goes here if you wanna dance naked then you can LOL. The beach nr here is overcrowded so not ideal place to relax but good fun instead. Drinks seem to be cheaper during the day than later at night. Food was good this year had paella once have had dodgy food in the past that has been cold.
5/5

Mambo's - Nr cafe del mar. Like cafe del mar gets overcrowded try and find somewhere to park your butt. drinks - same as most sunset bars.
Food - Had grilled Chicken was very basic. again was about 4 or 5 yrs ago.
2/5

Kanya - Further up the beach from cafe del mar and mambo. Has a pool YAY. This is a good place to hang out from about 4 pm after a day on the beach. They have had some free parties there as well but never been to one. Not too crowded and nice surroundings. Drinks - same as ever. order and chit chat in spanish and things always become cheaper. Show some cleavage ( to male bar staff only and only if your a girl, guys can try but may get hurt.) for free stuff. Food - Pretty darn good and decent selection, there is a nice resturaunt over the road called Kasbah never eaten there but Menu looks very nice.
5/5

Coastline - Quite nr Kanya. Used to be part of 2 apartment blocks but they have now gone there seperate ways ( other called Sunsea ).
Has a Bar and Seperate Resturaunt area. It has a Pool Yay. Usually have some Superstar Dj doing a bit of a pre party. Its a bit Modern and comercial looking but very nicely done. Resturaunt had very nice food and service and not that expensive. they do food in the bar area which seemed more expenisve for what you got. drinks are the same as most paces maybe a tad more.
4/5

Savvanah - nr Cafe del Mar and Mambo similar thing to them really gets busy. apparantly food is better though although never eaten there ( if only i had known )
2/5

Kumhares - Thought I'd add this one. This is miles from the other San an sunset bars way over in San an Bay ( get a Taxi ). Built to look authentic
It has a bar built into a tower. and plenty of seating not crowded and has a nice feel to it. They do crepes from the bar and drinks are similar price to other places. They had a Dj and Chello Player when i was ther which was very relaxing. There is also an Indonisian resturaunt which is set under a giant man made tree like sculpture. You sit on floor cushions with a low table. Food was very Nice but service was very slow but friendly.
There is also a mini Hippy market selling all sorts of things to waste your money on ( or not ). We had a belly dancer Fire artists and even some Random Spanish girl painting a room with her unique art. Very Interesting place to go and away from the bustle of the other bars.
5/5

here is more pics of the rather old and lavish inside courtesy of www.cafedelmarmusic.com

BARRA.JPG

NUBES.JPG

ESCALERA.JPG

PANORAMICAINT.JPG

btw, if you ever wanna chillout whilst on the internet, go there site. with the music it has to be one of the most relaxing website.

misterc said:
stephen said:
i'm surprised none of you mention la torre (it's on this site)
Oooh, yes! Went there twice this year - absolutely stunning and wicked food as well

josé padilla likes la torre too:

Jose Padilla says the sunset strip area around San Antonio in Ibiza has been ruined.

He played his first Ibizan sunset in more than two years.

The ex-Café Del Mar star was celebrating the launch of his second album Navigator, reports Worldpop.

It was held at La Torre near Cap Negret, with Jose's decks set up on rocks in front of the sea.

"That whole area has been ruined," said Jose.

"People go to the Café Del Mar because they are told to. The atmosphere is not the same any more."

Jose's set included Frank Sinatra's I Got You Under My Skin.

Story filed: 17:05 Tuesday 26th June 2001

Ibiza-girlie said:
looks like great fun!

cool - see you there? :lol:

kan1_la.jpg

(i thought you would comment the words of mr padilla against the sunset strip :?: )

i think this year the foam parties were on mondays and fridays at 3pm!! :idea:

kanya.jpg

Back