Quick Review: 08/13-08/26

I

ichy76

Firstly, I'd like to apologize to all those people I promised to meet in front of the San An Catapult and didn't. Secondly, I'd like to extend a big F*CK YOU to all those people in clubs that think they can just shove their way through the crowd and not give a crap!

So, anyway. Me and 3 friends got there on Tuesday 08/13 and had all our bags lost because of American Airlines mishap. We would not get them for another 5 days. Imagine 5 days in Ibiza and no bags. Were going to go to perfecto, but obviously didn't. Went to sleep.

Wednesday: Went to Calla Bassa and thought it was cool (too many families though). We were going to go to Slinky that night, but simply chilled at the terrace next door and did not go when we realized that only guys were going in. I'm not kidding, there was not more than 2 girls that went in there in a whole hour (I was counting).

Thursday: Cream. Amnesia is amazing, and the crowd is nice. The smoke/ice maching was the highlight of the trip, and PVD was definitely a letdown (compared to his other sets). What I realized about myself this night was, though, that I only needed one bottle of water the whole night (every other night as well) and be fine. We did hide 3 bottles outside of the club though- thanks for the advice.

Friday: Chilled out and slept.

Saturday: Went to Las Salinas. HOLY CRAP!!! So many beautiful people. Unbelievable. I still cannot tell the difference between a beautiful italian and spanish girl. Any tips? Went to bed at night.

Sunday: Judgement Sunday. Eden is better than Amnesia crowd-wise. Worse overall. Ferry Corsten was the best DJ on the island. Judge Jules was ok. Eddie Halliwell was great, but I only heard him for 30 seconds as I left. I love how they give you a free drink coupon if you buy your ticket at the door (with flyer).

Monday: Manumission. NEVER-EVER go there! Not even for your first time! Tourist trap, bad music. Cool crowd in the outside globe (but then why pay 35 euros to talk to people). Avoid at all costs.

Tuesday: God's Kitchen. We got VIP. Maybe this is my opinion, but why would you ever have Armin Van Buuren open up for Tall Pall? Armin is like Ferry Corsten and Tiesto. Tall Paul is pure shit. How could you even try to make Armin open? I thought the same with Ferry and JJ, but that is harder to argue... Lazers and fire dancers were cool. Met a Russian bartender up stairs and got free drinks (cauz I'm Russian from the U.S.). She told me that tourism is majorly down, which is true as we never saw a queue the whole time on the island even at 2-3-4 in the morning. The night was ok. I'll explain later my total opinion of Eden.

Wednesday: Break day

Thursday: Cream. Tiesto was majorly dissapointing. Picotto was really surprisingly good. Fun night. Good thing we met some cool NYC girls (also Russian), they made me catch my second wind and I was dancing like crazy for 3 hours straight.

Friday: MOS @ Pacha. Got VIP from Miguel Pellitero (playing in the global room that night). The crowd is beautiful, snobby, and over 25. The girls look like they can be bought with lotsa money (cliche but they only seemed to be hanging around the rich mofos, at least the gorgeous ones were). The club is not beautiful at all, but rather intricate. The stairs and other rooms were awesome. Miguel played an awesome set in the Global Room. I liked this night and went home.

Saturday: Euphoria. The DJ before Dave Pearce played the music that catered to my taste: Pure trance. Pearce was half decent, and the foam party was fun. Too bad I annoyed the Russian Bartender girl and couldn't get more free drinks...

Sunday: My friends went to Judgement Sunday and said it was great.

Monday: Went home.

Some things:

1. West End is not too bad. The PR's are annoying, but I would worry more about pickpockets if I were you.
2. What happened to good trance? I've heard tiesto twice, (In U.S. and Holland) and Armin in Holland. Why do they play such hard trance in Eden. All three nights I went to had very hard trance being played by all DJ's. Is this what british trance is now? Has anyone ever heard of something called melody? I might actually start liking house now...
3. THE FOOD IN IBIZA IS THE WORST THING ON THE PLANET! I will never come to ibiza just because of that. We ate everywhere. I will hate this place for that forever...
4. Sunset bars are greatly overrated. A sunset is much more beautiful from a cruise ship (not to mention the food as well). Prices are too high as well.
5. You need lots of money to go to ibiza to have fun. The purpose of the island is to rob you. You need either money or drugs to love it (just my opinion though).

I will not come to that island again unless I am filthy rich or on an overnight cruise stay. Sorry about my negativity, but everyone on this site is ranting about its beauty and greatness. I disagree. Next time, I will take my 2500 euros and blow it on a 30 days cruise on the classiest ship they have. I had fun, but it was not what everyone made it out to be. The clubs are amazing, but that is it. Hope everyone else enjoys it more than me.

-Mark

:confused: .................................................................... :confused:

So I take it you really enjoyed it then !!!! :eek:

Is it just me or is this the worst review ever posted on this glorious site ??

Review

Theres nothing wrong with the review at all, if he did not enjoy it so much at least he said so! I am going in sept, can't wait but aggree about how stupidly expensive it is.

Russ

I'm heading to Ibiza in Sept. And for months I've read some great and a few bad reviews. There's probably truth to all of them. I've been all over the world and have dissappointed on many occassions, but usually I make the most of it, and usually end up having a great time, because it's a new experience. I'll let you know my honest thoughts.

ichy76 said:
THE FOOD IN IBIZA IS THE WORST THING ON THE PLANET!

yeah okay whatever :evil:

ichy76 said:
I will never come to ibiza just because of that. We ate everywhere. I will hate this place for that forever...

could you please tell us where did you eat exactly? sa capella or ama lur maybe :eek: ? or did you go to McDonalds :lol: ?

ichy76 said:
You need either money or drugs to love it (just my opinion though)

dont make me laugh :!: :!:

ichy76 said:
Sorry about my negativity, but everyone on this site is ranting about its beauty and greatness. I disagree

totally respectable opinion but apart from some clubs and the west end what else you saw - only cala bassa and las salinas :rolleyes: ? next time instead of spending all the time clubbing rent a car and explore the island!! probably then you will appreciate the beauty and greatness of the island ;)

McRackin.

McRackin,

I just want to quickly reply to your last comment. When I say I ate everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE. We were there for 13 nights, ate at the regular and super class restaurants. We went to Il Vaticano and Villa Mercedes among others. The classy food was ok, but terrible for the money we paid, and the regular food was beyond horrible and disgusting.

As for renting a car and travelling during the day, I agree, however, it is diffifcult to drive around anywhere when you are recovering (sleeping) from last night's fun at a club. In general, I believe you are right that the island has more to offer, however, as far as landscape and island beauty goes, I could pay much less and see many islands in the caribbean rather than ibiza. The only reason I came to ibiza is to see the clubs and the supreme dj line-ups. If I wanted to see beauty, I assure you that there are numerous islands across the world with more beauty than ibiza (I've travelled quite a bit so I know). I'm not trying to sound cocky or pretentious- I simply think ibiza is highly over-rated. I've heard far-better DJ sets (from every DJ there) abroad, I've definitely eaten better food everywhere, and the island beauty is nothing special or unique when compared to other islands. All in all, everything is ok. I simply think for the quality of my vacation I should have paid twice less.

I do not wish to discourage anyone who reads this from going. I simply wish to convey my experience. I assume most people will enjoy the island, and have a different review. I only want to let the first-time traveler know that if they do have a bad time, they are not the only ones.

Have fun and enjoy your vacation,

Mark

Mark,

Why didn't you go to space?

All happy people in the morning :lol:

Might change you're whole view :)

"3. THE FOOD IN IBIZA IS THE WORST THING ON THE PLANET! I will never come to ibiza just because of that. We ate everywhere. I will hate this place for that forever... "

Unfortunate you had crap experiences at the restaurants you visited ...

Next time, visit San Jose and dine @ El Destino. You will not regret it... the service is beyond spectacular and the food... well, it would do it little justice to only call it amazing. The meal was capped off by a large selection of sinful, mouth watering desserts...

My friends and I enjoyed it so much, we returned the following evening only to be treated to something more delectable than the evening before.

In Vancouver (Canada) we have arguably the most diversified selection of restaurants in N. America. I have yet to discover anything local that can compare to El Destino. Better luck next time.

- Ben

Vllan said:
Next time, visit San Jose and dine @ El Destino. You will not regret it... the service is beyond spectacular and the food... well, it would do it little justice to only call it amazing. The meal was capped off by a large selection of sinful, mouth watering desserts...

My friends and I enjoyed it so much, we returned the following evening only to be treated to something more delectable than the evening before.

In Vancouver (Canada) we have arguably the most diversified selection of restaurants in N. America. I have yet to discover anything local that can compare to El Destino

wise words!! :D

food wise, my friends and I werent too picky but we did get to stop by at Las Dalias on a wednesday and had a very excellent meal and the ambiance, wow thats all I can say, to this day Las Dalias on Namaste night will always be remembered as a unique experience in a unique place! At the end the owner gave us free dessert!! and our waiter was the nicest french guy ever..

Robo said:
just seen this review from ages ago

found it quite funny in some places, esp about the food

i didnt find it funny at all!! :confused:

SeriousDanger said:
food wise, my friends and I werent too picky but we did get to stop by at Las Dalias on a wednesday and had a very excellent meal and the ambiance, wow thats all I can say, to this day Las Dalias on Namaste night will always be remembered as a unique experience in a unique place! At the end the owner gave us free dessert!! and our waiter was the nicest french guy ever

cool review!! :D

003_001_00_ibiza01_241001.jpg

i hadn't seen this review either, but what i find strange about this (and other people's reviews) is that the highlight seems to be meeting someone exactly like yourself from your home town!
what's that all about?

stephen said:
i hadn't seen this review either, but what i find strange about this (and other people's reviews) is that the highlight seems to be meeting someone exactly like yourself from your home town!
what's that all about?
or to eat the same that you eat at home..(specially thinking that mediterranean cuisine is anything but discusting) (im thinking in..IE Ama Lur) :D

I don't think it's the mediteranean cuisine. In most places you are served with crapy english or german shit. I must say I agree about the food in general on the island especially in the tourist areas like platja d'en bossa and san an.

Back