"Proper" gyms in Ibiza

binaryfinary

Looking at options for a "proper" gym in Ibiza.

I'm aware of the likes of Fraile - there's one very near to where we're staying in San An, and a few more leisure centre style places, but they're either expensive, particularly for a week, or lack decent equipment.

I'm aware there must be various serious gyms on the island - the state of most security guys in the clubs proves that, but I assume the places they go are either unadvertised or private? I imagine most of the security guys would rather train away from the crowds.

For now I'm just looking at options for when I go next week, but as I plan to live out on the island next year I'm also looking ahead to more long term options.

What's a proper gym ? Theres one in PDB that probably fits what you want. Also walked past a reasonable looking one near Ocean beach i think ?

Rumi's Gym in San An bay, next door hotel Rosamar aparthotel.. when we were staying there, most of the punters going in/out looked more serious than most gym goers (posers) do these days..

My lad used cotton club in san antonio last month and loved it. He's very serious about fitness. Not cheap at e25 per visit or e90 for the week but facilities are good and nice views.

Don't know what you class as proper gym though...

A few morning beers afrer a good night sleep to get the arms going. Source some swedgers find suitable footwear and wingmen and dance from bar to bar ending at SSS for a massage and rub down..walk off cramp strolling back to hotel before midnight.plenty of water and repeat the next day..:)

Sorry guys, to clarify my definition of "proper" gym - somewhere with a decent free-weight section, barbells, a squat rack (as opposed to just Smith Machines), etc. Not some posh leisure club with a pool, sauna, exercise bikes, and a load of "safer" machines for people who find weights scary (which is fair enough).

Fraile seems OK in this respect, but I've no idea how busy it gets. The free weight area is pretty small from photos, and there's only one squat rack and a few benches. If it's quiet, that's fine, but if its a busy gym, it would very quickly get full. I don't like standing around waiting at the best of times, nevermind when I'm just trying to get in a quick hour workout on holiday! Can't find prices either, but remember seeing them a year or so ago somewhere and it wasn't cheap.

Cotton Club looks beautiful, and surprisingly decent weights for such a "posh" gym, but the price is insane. 25E a day is a lot even for just visiting a few times a week while I'm over there next week. For a full season that would be impossibly expensive.

Master Gym looks much more like the sort of thing I'm after - basic, nothing flashy, rammed with decent weights, and I assume a price to match. They don't seem to have a website, but I can message them via their Facebook page and find out their fees.

Looked up the gym in Tiffany's vlog - Beach Box. Seems OK, a crossfit gym which is normally "the enemy" but looks quite nice. If I can catch it as quiet as in her video it looks great! No prices online, but again will message.

I get that Ibiza is expensive, I just assumed that off the beaten track there must be gyms that aren't advertised towards tourists - either people with money looking for a David Lloyd type place with a pool, jacuzzi, and spinning classes, or somewhere aimed at the sort of lads who stay in Picsis Park.

As I say, those lumps who work security in the clubs must be training regularly somewhere, but I assume they don't want tourists turning up.

Thanks for the recommendations anyway guys!

I guess bfit is the wrong side of the island from where you are staying but it's the closest thing to a "David Lloyd" type gym that I know of.
http://www.bfitibiza.com/club/conoce-bfit-ibiza

sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I don't want a David Lloyd type place! Master Gym is the sort of thing I'm looking for.

In an ideal world I'd be happy to find a place with an unmarked entrance, and a small(ish) bare room packed with weights. No swimming pool, no machines, nothing fancy. 30E a month, or a few euros for a day pass.

I'm not bothered by location. I'm staying in San An (and will likely live in that end of the island next year) but can drive and have a car.

sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I don't want a David Lloyd type place! Master Gym is the sort of thing I'm looking for.

In an ideal world I'd be happy to find a place with an unmarked entrance, and a small(ish) bare room packed with weights. No swimming pool, no machines, nothing fancy. 30E a month, or a few euros for a day pass.

I'm not bothered by location. I'm staying in San An (and will likely live in that end of the island next year) but can drive and have a car.
I see, my mistake! :spank:

I train 3 times a day on holidays

Those arms must be getting a real good workout :lol:

https://media.giphy.com/media/s1H8szeWQeMfe/giphy.gif
giphy.gif

p>

nirvana is a good call. there's also one on the san jose road just after mercadona but on the other side of the road (coming from ibiza town). i think it may be a fraile. open 24/7. free weights, machines and serious gym poeple only. don't know about san an i'm afraid. but i love the 24/7 availability of the fraile in sant jordi.

Beach Box is priced like this:

1day: 15 euro
3 days: 35 euro
5 days: 55 euro
10 days: 80 euro
1 month: 60 euro

Open 830am-22:30

They'll have a class timetable on their instagram too so you can avoid the Crossfit classes or whatever else they have there.

I used to use Fraile Gym when I was on season, I think it was 55 euro a month.
Only one squat rack I believe, with a couple of different smith machines (but who really wants them?)

The other equipment I thought was pretty decent, some stuff you dont see everywhere like Hack Squat and a proper leg press. I didn't visit this year as I went to Beach Box instead.

I really did want to visit Cotton Club but waaaaay to expensive, and I got a decent workout on the rocks just in front!

Back