"Proper" gyms in Ibiza

nirvana is a good call. there's also one on the san jose road just after mercadona but on the other side of the road (coming from ibiza town). i think it may be a fraile. open 24/7. free weights, machines and serious gym poeple only. don't know about san an i'm afraid. but i love the 24/7 availability of the fraile in sant jordi.

Cheers James, will check it out.

Beach Box is priced like this:

1day: 15 euro
3 days: 35 euro
5 days: 55 euro
10 days: 80 euro
1 month: 60 euro

Open 830am-22:30

They'll have a class timetable on their instagram too so you can avoid the Crossfit classes or whatever else they have there.

Decent for going two or three times next week, but still a bit pricey overall.

I'm guessing given Fraile is the same price, that's just what it costs to go to the gym in Ibiza.

My local gym is £3 a time no contract required.

Which is cheap. But it's not in ibiza. Yes gym sessions on the island are comparatively expensive, but a lot of them are very nice and have great views over the beach/sea, which I don't get at home.

In the UK I can buy a beer, rent a jet ski, go to a big club to see a top Dj, etc etc, all for a lower price than I'd pay in ibiza. Seems to me the only thing you'd save money on in IBZ compared to UK is hierbas and cigarettes, but I don't smoke.

If you'd consider going to the gym as something fun to do on your holiday then I say treat yourself.

As for long term residence on the island I'd wager locals pay less for memberships like they pay less for other stuff?

If you are a gym addict like me don't you think you could always give your body a break from the gym and take some time out

I used to get worried about going a couple of days without working out thinking all that hard work will just vanish over night

Every time I have been to Ibiza and that has been three times this year and last trip being a week I personally don't feel like I have lost any strength or muscle this summer....Loss of strength for a week after being there but it comes straight back once sleeping pattern and food intake back to normal

As much as I love the fitness lifestyle I honestly couldn't see myself 6 hours after Amnesia in the gym and squatting... Far too much demand on your body IF you are going to Ibiza to go out every night or every other night clubbing and or on lots of drugs (Alcohol being one of the drugs)

I do make a conscious effort to get as much food and water in me as possible

Most of the people that you probably see coming in and out of the gyms or you class as posers probably go in and do 10 sets of bicep curls for a night out

@johndiamond I found boxes of Kellogg's in a Spar for €1

@Tiffany Barrett I bet the machines in your gym are made of a mixture of Magnesium alloy and Platinum and are all one week old

Saw most of the ones mentioned here and they all look reasonable.

Didn't bother in the end though as was mad busy all week shooting in the clubs so was either too tired or editing photos, that's when I wasn't drinking or exploring the island that is.

The week off idea wasn't bad. Currently sat at Sa Caleta waiting for the flight home.

Saw most of the ones mentioned here and they all look reasonable.

Didn't bother in the end though as was mad busy all week shooting in the clubs so was either too tired or editing photos, that's when I wasn't drinking or exploring the island that is.

The week off idea wasn't bad. Currently sat at Sa Caleta waiting for the flight home.
Thats the spirit,your on holiday..
8f3939f6d69c3957ffd003d9abce39c814ac72c3e9544dfe118dabbcc7a6a6c7.jpg

Back