Privilege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to the day time party thing though, looking through the old pictures on that KU facebook page, what were all these weird and wonderful daytime parties/events they used to have? People in the pools, millions of kids, a bull!, acts and shows... why dont they do that as well?

These will all probably be in the Vista club though.. not much main room action going on this year it seems, apart from Supermartxe

Sad, but I think that's a good creative and business decision. Opening that main room with a few hundred ppl - even as many as 2-3k it is going to feel like the largest open space on the planet! Nothing worse than walking into an empty club. It doesn't matter who's playing, it'd completely kill my buzz.

Take into account the cost just to open that room. Staff wages - security, bar & bottle collectors - plus cleaning the next day. Plus electric. Figures just won't add up.

El Row showed parties in the Vista bar could work a couple of years ago. No reason why these 3 parties can't.

Sad, but I think that's a good creative and business decision. Opening that main room with a few hundred ppl - even as many as 2-3k it is going to feel like the largest open space on the planet! Nothing worse than walking into an empty club. It doesn't matter who's playing, it'd completely kill my buzz.
Take into account the cost just to open that room. Staff wages - security, bar & bottle collectors - plus cleaning the next day. Plus electric. Figures just won't add up.
El Row showed parties in the Vista bar could work a couple of years ago. No reason why these 3 parties can't.

Agreed. Think it's the best thing for the club. Godskitchen a few years ago there felt desolately empty when we went. Can't of been more than 1000, maybe 1500 people in the venue. And a venue that big, that's stupidly empty

Are Privilege throwing all their weight behind Vista club this season?

I know it comes down to personal taste, but for me the majority of the talent showcased at their Opening party on the 29th is in that room.

Ok, so Example is a big pop act who will prob draw a younger, less-informed commercial crowd. But Kryder? For the American EDM fraternity? Pep & Rash - okay 1 noticeable Spinnin' records radio-friendly hit, but otherwise nothing of note.

Also, does this mean that there will be no Darius/Sidney/Santé appearance for Do Not Sleep on 29.05???

Do Not Sleep dates and line ups are on the calendar just incase those who are interested haven't noticed :eek:

That's what I mean. They're weekly residents (once the season kicks in), and it's essentially their night. I just don't get while they would be hosting Vista on the Opening party with all three of them absent. Just doesn't make any sense. Hardly gonna showcase things to come, is it.

And if they turn out to be the "Special Guest" then that is a bit lame.

That's a bit like David Guetta being revealed as the special guest at FMIF ffs

Last edited:
That's what I mean. They're weekly residents (once the season kicks in), and it's essentially their night. I just don't get while they would be hosting Vista on the Opening party with all three of them absent. Just doesn't make any sense. Hardly gonna showcase things to come, is it.

And if they turn out to be the "Special Guest" then that is a bit lame.

That's a bit like David Guetta being revealed as the special guest at FMIF ffs

could it be as simple as they were all booked for Sankeys opening and that meant signing off on not doing any other venue openings?

Is/was Privilege really in that bad a state?

Clambering around backstage was a bit like navigating an oil rig, but fully rigged for a show like ASOT, the main room was astounding and bang up to date in terms of sound quality, lights, pyro, decoration, and so on.

Always felt ASOT worked much better there than Ushuaia. Maybe I'm biased, but Privilege seemed to have soul. Ushuaia doesn't have that. Plus unlike the one at Privilege, the pool at Ushuaia is just a massive and annoying inconvenience.

Also, in terms of who could fill and how often, surely any of the major nights on the island could EASILY fill the main room throughout the season. It isn't that much bugger than some of the other venues, and they're often dangerously overcrowded. There were plenty of nights at Privilege that weren't exactly short on space.

could it be as simple as they were all booked for Sankeys opening and that meant signing off on not doing any other venue openings?

That could make sense if they were still scheduled to be at Sankeys. But surely it's moot point since we all know what happened and their affiliation with Sankeys is dead in the water.

They appeared in Manchester at an alternative venue the same calendar month to piss on Sankeys bonfire, seems odd they would suddenly develop a code of conduct in regards to Ibiza.

Is/was Privilege really in that bad a state?

Clambering around backstage was a bit like navigating an oil rig, but fully rigged for a show like ASOT, the main room was astounding and bang up to date in terms of sound quality, lights, pyro, decoration, and so on.

Always felt ASOT worked much better there than Ushuaia. Maybe I'm biased, but Privilege seemed to have soul. Ushuaia doesn't have that. Plus unlike the one at Privilege, the pool at Ushuaia is just a massive and annoying inconvenience.

Also, in terms of who could fill and how often, surely any of the major nights on the island could EASILY fill the main room throughout the season. It isn't that much bugger than some of the other venues, and they're often dangerously overcrowded. There were plenty of nights at Privilege that weren't exactly short on space.

I think ASOT needs to be in a two or three roomed venue.
Room 1: Main Stage Stars (Read: Trouse)
Room 2: Whose Afraid Of 138
Room 3: Up & Comers

3 Years ago ASOT used the Vista as a second room and I'm pretty sure on a lot of the nights, even tho there was a very good lineup in that room it was closed early or didn't even open as everyone was in the main room

3 Years ago ASOT used the Vista as a second room and I'm pretty sure on a lot of the nights, even tho there was a very good lineup in that room it was closed early or didn't even open as everyone was in the main room

Kinda feel that would of been likely there. I do remember it sometimes being open (2012 season I thinkt his was). I kinda feel like ASOT would suit Space pretty well.

Sorry if I'm being an idiot but can that page be translated?

Have you heard of Google translate!? ;)

Etxaniz faces a claim of more than seven million euros for its management at Privilege

@ Noudiari / The Commercial Court No. 2 in Palma de Mallorca yesterday held a trial in which the future and the past of one of the most prestigious clubs in the island, the privilege is debated. The majority owner of the company that owns this club, José María Etxaniz, faces a claim that could exceed seven million euros for the management carried out in recent years.

Nightclub Privilege
Nightclub Privilege
The lawsuit, filed by the minority shareholder, the commercial Bahia de Sant Antoni SL, which has a 45% stake, refers to the way in which Etxaniz has managed the rental of Privilege. A consideration of the plaintiff, Etxaniz would have benefited in recent years to rent the nightclub you link companies to him at a price well below market cost, which has made the ownership of privilege has not obtained the benefits it pertocarían have followed real market prices.

According to a ruling by the Criminal Chamber of the Supreme Court in 2013, where another scuffle between the two parties denounced, it is noted that Ibiza Supplies SA the company was majority shareholder, with 99% of its share capital, San Antonio Bay.

The beginnings

The history of Privilege, formerly known as KU, started in 1978 when three young Basque businessmen, José Luis Anabitarte (Gorri), Javier Iturrioz and Jose Antonio Santamaria landed on the island of Ibiza after buying at auction the famous garden "Club San Rafael ". That garden was renamed KU, as the name of your club who was in San Sebastian.

In the mid 1980s, this secret garden became the crucible of international millionaires, aristocrats, movie stars, pop stars, athletes, designers, people from Ibiza, hippies, gays, quirky and eccentric clubbers at night, all mixed to experience euphoria surreal night sessions.

KU grew exponentially, and became the most famous disco in Europe.

In 1990, KU was closed for renovations and after the tragic death of Santamaria in 1993, the legendary venue changed hands businessman Jose Maria Etxaniz, who became majority owner of the nightclub which was renamed privileges in 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back