Privilege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circoloco also did some party there few years ago at the end of the season, Cocoon also when Amnesia had to close for a month for drug problem! As Stivi said privilege need to get refurbishment but i think some promotor are also afraid of the huge size of the venue. I guess a guy like Guetta would prefer to sold out pacha every week and leave people at the door than take the risk and maybe don't fill up to the max privilege, imagine people from everywhere coming to see him and experience a club not full, i guess when going home they will say guetta isn't famous anymore and this can have an impact to his credibility worldwide. No too many dj are able to bring 10000 people week in week out

I think the best thing Privilege could do is drop a number of the weekly nights and go with Monthly one off parties like the Radio 1 event. This would sell the venue out and get them by money wise.

btw ... which IDIOT thought last year it would be a good idea to paint privi WHITE ???
that mysterious red was so much better ...

I honestly think the best thing it could do is close! I just don't think there is a need for a venue of its size anymore. Ushuaia has a monopoly on big EDM / Live events, and quite frankly outside by the beach is nicer than an aircraft hanger like Privilege. What else does it give you apart from capacity?

I honestly think the best thing it could do is close! I just don't think there is a need for a venue of its size anymore. Ushuaia has a monopoly on big EDM / Live events, and quite frankly outside by the beach is nicer than an aircraft hanger like Privilege. What else does it give you apart from capacity?

that's a bit harsh. I'd be gutted if privilege disappeared; it has a massively important place in the island's clubbing history! I think everyone agrees that lately it didn't have a great period (especially 2014), but I for one would love to see it coming back in full force. as I said, who knows what happens after 2016, it can really go two ways...

that's a bit harsh. I'd be gutted if privilege disappeared; it has a massively important place in the island's clubbing history! I think everyone agrees that lately it didn't have a great period (especially 2014), but I for one would love to see it coming back in full force. as I said, who knows what happens after 2016, it can really go two ways...

It was a bit harsh I know! I never went when it was KU etc, and I get all of the history of it. But quite frankly what they did to it / (had to do to it) bares little resemblance to what it looked like back in the day. It's a big aircraft hanger IMO.

2016 ! Are you talking about the possibility of space shutting down ?

My mates saw them last May in Space. Opening Party I think. Apparently was totally rammed and a great night.

Seen them twice in the past year - also Space Opening inside the Discoteca, and then again at Bugged Out Weekender start of 2015 - both times the rooms were very busy and they put on a hell of a show.

But I agree that I doubt they could sell 10,000 tickets week-in, week-out - even doing a live show. Maybe a few special dates throughout the season they could do it.

My mates saw them last May in Space. Opening Party I think. Apparently was totally rammed and a great night.
Space opening is always rammed, not because there were playing but because it's the opening and when the carpark close everyone are going inside the club. Space has had poor line -up for opening in the past few years( because they are 2 big festival at the same time Mouvement and we are fest) but even without great line-up they fill up the venue.The Chemicals are great don't get me wrong but i'm not sure that they drag the same amount of people like they used to be, time has changed!

Worth pointing that that was a DJ set. Arguably they would be more wow-factory for a live show in Ibiza. Particularly a one-off.

before any of those artists do a residency in privilege, the venue needs a big investment in refurbishment. I'm not talking about fixing a few things here and there and a bit of fresh paint, but a PROPER 'bring it up to scratch' action - which for a place like that can cost millions. I mean it's not as bad as about 5-6 years ago, but sometimes you gotta say the truth: the club is currently simply not up to standard. and as privilege's future after 2016 is pretty uncertain, I do understand why currently no big investments are made.

that said, I totally agree that IF the club did get refurbished and put on the same level as the rest of the clubs, it would make a perfect home for the big EDM guys. It would then again need a lot of money to actually make them play there (if still under the same ownership as now), but I personally think a few of them might enjoy playing a real night time slot on the island. let's see what happens in two years!
True... but saying that i think alot of people who never been to pacha would be surprised how basic it is inside.

True... but saying that i think alot of people who never been to pacha would be surprised how basic it is inside.

it might look basic, but you wouldn't believe how much money they put into annual reforms every year. most of the clubs actually, if you have a look at them during the day towards the end of the season and then see it again at the very start of the summer, you notice how many things are being done year after year

it might look basic, but you wouldn't believe how much money they put into annual reforms every year. most of the clubs actually, if you have a look at them during the day towards the end of the season and then see it again at the very start of the summer, you notice how many things are being done year after year
Yes true enough, you need alot of money to be noticed in clubland.

I think if anyone were to do a weekly live show at Privi with support DJ's and comfortably sell tickets, it would have to be Disclosure. That i could see working?

I still don't think anyone could do every week! Weren't SHM going to do 4 massive shows at Priv at their peak a few years back? I mean that would have made sense! Not sure even they thought they could do every single week!

guetta or avicii could easily fill privilege on a weekly basis for 8-10 weeks in a row. but of course not when they play elsewhere on the island too.

I just think Disclosure and their Wildlife brand could work, live acts and special appearances in the main room and dj's in the Vista Club ... Eats Everything, Midland etc. Only have to look how quickly their Wildlife Festival sold out, plus the wide range of acts they've got playing it. Although things seem to be working out nicely at Space with the monthly appearances.

I just think Disclosure and their Wildlife brand could work, live acts and special appearances in the main room and dj's in the Vista Club ... Eats Everything, Midland etc. Only have to look how quickly their Wildlife Festival sold out, plus the wide range of acts they've got playing it. Although things seem to be working out nicely at Space with the monthly appearances.

I agree i think Disclosure could be a huge draw, they need something to inject life in there. The paint party i heard is returning, but besides that they have nothing really going for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back