Printworks AW21

Few issues with last night, the set times where a complete puzzler! Having I hate models and airod on so early just made zero sense same with a lot of the roster.. the sound in the main room was shite. Can’t remember it being that bad, although it got slightly better as the night went on it was still subpar even stood in front of the speakers… a pet hate of mine is why go out and stand on the dance floor having a deep meaningful convo?? Take ya chinwags to the smoking area it’s so annoying keeping a vibe going when it’s like Sophie’s choice all around ya👎🖕 the inkwells was class though sound was decent and the energy was there.. some great sets throughout and did enjoy being able to go upstairs as couldn’t last time a went, had a class night but in all fairness it could / should of been a 10/10

Last edited:
I havent seen printworks that packed before....We had to que up on the other side of the road at 4:30! The music was good and chris liebing did get us right in the mood. The sound was iffy at first.

The productions staff went all out for lens and the energy in the room was really good . Her set wasnt her best but fit the vibe well. A legit fun party. Heavy music works best in this venue.

I havent seen printworks that packed before....We had to que up on the other side of the road at 4:30! The music was good and chris liebing did get us right in the mood. The sound was iffy at first.

The productions staff went all out for lens and the energy in the room was really good . Her set wasnt her best but fit the vibe well. A legit fun party. Heavy music works best in this venue.
Totally agree, mad when you see disco or tech played out in there..our most industrial space in uk gutted it is soon to be gone

Totally agree, mad when you see disco or tech played out in there..our most industrial space in uk gutted it is soon to be gone
Yep, for instance no clue why afterlife is being held there this coming weekend. Went before and it was shocking at printworks.

Works much better at a place like Village underground or bansky tunnel then printworks

Few issues with last night, the set times where a complete puzzler! Having I hate models and airod on so early just made zero sense same with a lot of the roster.. the sound in the main room was shite. Can’t remember it being that bad, although it got slightly better as the night went on it was still subpar even stood in front of the speakers… a pet hate of mine is why go out and stand on the dance floor having a deep meaningful convo?? Take ya chinwags to the smoking area it’s so annoying keeping a vibe going when it’s like Sophie’s choice all around ya👎🖕 the inkwells was class though sound was decent and the energy was there.. some great sets throughout and did enjoy being able to go upstairs as couldn’t last time a went, had a class night but in all fairness it could / should of been a 10/10

How strict were they on last entry? I am heading to the Afterlife on Saturday

I think they're pretty flexible with late admission so long as you're 1s or 2s and not mobbed handed. If they remind you you should've arrived earlier, just be apologetic and blame traffic or having to stay on late at work. I've always found them fair

Let me into Ellum very late and I didn't even have a ticket

Unsure pal we got there well before last entry
I think they're pretty flexible with late admission so long as you're 1s or 2s and not mobbed handed. If they remind you you should've arrived earlier, just be apologetic and blame traffic or having to stay on late at work. I've always found them fair

Let me into Ellum very late and I didn't even have a ticket

Thanks both, just having been bored stiff for a few hours at WHP the other week before any real action started and forced to pay the high drinks prices I was wondering if I could push my luck :) the Printworks schedule does seem a bit more packed though, hopefully not as much dead time

Has their been a date for when they are going to close? Been meaning to go for ages but just haven’t got round to it yet.

Has their been a date for when they are going to close? Been meaning to go for ages but just haven’t got round to it yet.

I've read people have been questioning the decision to create more office space, due to the change to work from home and hybrid working. So maybe a chance it'll survive. Their recent run of gigs seems well attended which will help too.

Anybody going to afterlife on Saturday at printworks?

I was suppose to go with a mate but he's backed out on me last minute which is really annoying and I have nobody else to go with.

Debated going on my own but don't think iv got it in me. Anybody going solo or even a small group who'd maybe like to link up before hand? I'm a 29y.o. guy id be coming from South London.

Also have 3 spare tickets (or 4 if I don't go 😭😭🤣) as originally there was 4 of us and one by one excuses came up...

Anybody going to afterlife on Saturday at printworks?

I was suppose to go with a mate but he's backed out on me last minute which is really annoying and I have nobody else to go with.

Debated going on my own but don't think iv got it in me. Anybody going solo or even a small group who'd maybe like to link up before hand? I'm a 29y.o. guy id be coming from South London.

Also have 3 spare tickets (or 4 if I don't go 😭😭🤣) as originally there was 4 of us and one by one excuses came up...

Spooky because my mate has just pulled out on me too! So ill be there solo and happy to meet you if you want :)

What is it with people being indecisive recently?? we've been locked up for months with nowt to do then they pull out at last minute 🤬

Good night watching Tale Of Us last night, What a venue Printworks is! Also liked the Inkwells early on as a good place to start the night.

Do agree that the sound in the main hall needs more volume though, was quiet at the back.

Hope we don't lose this venue, I might riot haha

Is anyone heading to Printworks for Glitterbox in March?
It's on a Saturday, so it's a day session that finishes at 11pm, what's the craic for afters? Could do with advice.. Is it generally the standard Fabric/MOS? I'd worry about getting into stricter places after an all day session, so ideally somewhere with chilled door staff.

Is anyone heading to Printworks for Glitterbox in March?
It's on a Saturday, so it's a day session that finishes at 11pm, what's the craic for afters? Could do with advice.. Is it generally the standard Fabric/MOS? I'd worry about getting into stricter places after an all day session, so ideally somewhere with chilled door staff.
Are you meaning an official afters? Or just somewhere to go after?

Back