police tried to stop ibiza rocks last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm as sure about that as i am about the 95%

you are confusing the mayor, sala, with the former deputy mayor, pantaleoni, who did have bars in the west end. he is no longer in that position and the new guy 'pilot' has promised to ensure that laws are complied with.

fairy nuff, though i think youre wrong on licensing figures - just ask anyone on how hard it is to get the full and correct licence - i know one establishment in ibiza town that went the whole winter this year without anything - they ended up with the local great and good frequenting their establishment and before the summer started their full licence went through with astonishling quick speed...

i think san antonio though is cutting off their nose to spite their face and targetting completely the wrong market

remember the mtv debacle ?

getting rid of mtv to get rid of the bad side of ibiza tourism worked obviously.... (sarcasm) - they didnt come back (even though they promoted the positive side)

next will be radio1, sony etc etc

what was it about takings in san an down this year? - wonder why... they are missing the point completely and i'm sure the other municipalities are laughing their t**s off

i'm sure the other municipalities are laughing their t**s off
nah, they are actually taking note:
san josé - http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1133688
ibiza town - http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1140278

one thing is for sure: most people in san antonio is happy with what sala is doing as he wins every four years by absolute majority. and be sure that if there were elections tomorrow he would win once again :!:

very funny when people in other threads talk about the new government..... woah, whats happening in ibiza? the new government this, the new government that..... everything that is happening in san antonio (music equipments sealed, bar raids, the closing of el ayoun for not even having opening licence, etc etc etc), except the closing of amnesia which is a different story, has been decided by the same party that has been in power during the last decades in san antonio: the PP. the only changes after the last elections are the return of the PSOE to the consell insular and the arrival of the PSOE in san jose. the rest (san antonio, san juan and santa eulalia with PP; ibiza town with PSOE) remain the same.....

yes but look at what was said by ibiza town & san jose but where is all the fuss about ?

She confirmed that Ibiza had to try and rid itself of the excesses that had become commonplace. She also promised to rid the municipality of prostitution, unauthorised street parties, and illegal car-parkers in the public car parks."

hardly closing down every other bar or restauarnt...

"among other things the new major said that last year's changes in san antonio, specially to ban the after-hours, were interesting and could be the base of the changes he is preparing for san josé. first of all he wants to have a meeting with the club owners though....."

"last years changes" -
that worked obviously... ;)

"could be"

"meeting the club owners"

the whole thing is madness - the problem i think is that there ISN'T any coherent policy across the island - we all know why

shut the clubs, close the bars, get rid of the salinas chiringuitos, make flights & the ferries here too expensive, and maybe they'll get what they want - because thats the *only* way anything will change and some individuals will get to live up to their promises - and in the process kill the goose....

does anyone here know what *should* happen ? they cant have their cake and eat it - san an were happy for the past 20 years - now theyve suddenly gone er - we dont want it - but then they'll moan that businesses arent making any money

*shakes head*

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end of the day if you follow the law no matter how hard you won't have a problem.:confused: I live in Spain and have seen bars shut down in my city for not having the right permits do it's not just Ibiza.

Seeing as how Ibiza's economy is supported by tourism, and everybody needs to have the correct permits, you would think they could create a government liason to help business's with there paperwork and to make sure they have the correct paperwork for the upcoming season. It couldn't cost the government that much to higher a few liasons to make sure everybody has what they need before the season kicks into high gear each year. You would think there would be more cooperation between the government and the business as they both have to have each other.

slightly off topic but can anyone tell me what time the main acts normally come on at ibiza rocks please?

support band is usually 8.45-9pm and main band at 10pm - but it has been 15 mins either way ;)

i'm as sure about that as i am about the 95%

you are confusing the mayor, sala, with the former deputy mayor, pantaleoni, who did have bars in the west end. he is no longer in that position and the new guy 'pilot' has promised to ensure that laws are complied with.

maybe i'm wrong but a brief chat this afternoon says that yer man the mayor still runs 2 bars in the west end

pilot (in charge of tourism) has been given the remit to clean up san an - which he's attacked with gusto - when it goes tits up sala can say "it wasnt my fault"

mind you giving the job to san an's bin man is probably appropriate - but what does he know about tourism.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I went ti Ibiza 12 years ago PDB was a no go for clubbers to stay in and most stayed in San An. This has been reversed now IMHO and I think the leaders of San An are trying to make changes.

It just seems that they are biting the hand that feeds them

Seeing as how Ibiza's economy is supported by tourism, and everybody needs to have the correct permits, you would think they could create a government liason to help business's with there paperwork and to make sure they have the correct paperwork for the upcoming season. It couldn't cost the government that much to higher a few liasons to make sure everybody has what they need before the season kicks into high gear each year. You would think there would be more cooperation between the government and the business as they both have to have each other.

this is probably the most intelligent take on this i've seen :)

much as in the rest of life, its not that simple... there are too many vested interests that come to the fore...

now it seems that one of the local spanish newspapers here have decided that although they were previously a supporter of a certain venture, they are now backtracking and putting false stories out...

talking about false stories out..........

you are confusing the mayor, sala, with the former deputy mayor, pantaleoni, who did have bars in the west end. he is no longer in that position
maybe i'm wrong but a brief chat this afternoon says that yer man the mayor still runs 2 bars in the west end
yes, you are wrong:

· sala, the mayor, owns the hotel riviera in the bay..... he doesnt own any bar in the west end

· pantaleoni, the previous man in charge of the tourism, owns at least two bars in the west end (soul city and funky flares)

talking about false stories out..........

yes, you are wrong:

· sala, the mayor, owns the hotel riviera in the bay..... he doesnt own any bar in the west end

· pantaleoni, the previous man in charge of the tourism, owns at least two bars in the west end (soul city and funky flares)

like i said - "i maybe wrong" - i asked specifically about the mayor to someone and they said he owned those 2 bars...

so sue me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back