Playa Real in Talamanca will turn into a luxurious hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
... new OD Hotel in Talamanca-- last year it was still Hotel Victoria-- anyway DOUBLY GOBSMACKED by the changes ...
... When I commented on how now it was a tad expensive the reception guy said well you can get a double room for 300 euros a night. :spank: :lol:
When I first stayed there in 1999 ( then Hotel Victoria) it was basic and 2 stars and around 30 euros or less later in season.
How things change.
the problem is that there is a sucker born every minute and pays that ridiculous amount of cash ... ehm ... i mean accepts this "special offer" (probably ground floor with backyard/streetview) ... without batting an eye ;)

yes walked past today and still looks like alot to do-- and also stayed there way back in the day. Also went to see the new OD Hotel in Talamanca-- last year it was still Hotel Victoria-- anyway DOUBLY GOBSMACKED by the changes. And apparently-- talking to the people I know who are still there-- it was done in c. 8 months and possible if you have the right 'contacts' and obvs the readies!!. When I commented on how now it was a tad expensive the reception guy said well you can get a double room for 300 euros a night. When I first stayed there in 1999 ( then Hotel Victoria) it was basic and 2 stars and around 30 euros or less later in season. How things change.

When I walked past the new Ocean Drive in Talamanca (formerly Victoria) I thought it looked pretty soulless and certainly not somewhere I'd want to stay. Maybe it's lovely inside.

I really hope the Playa Real development doesn't spoil that part of Talamanca beach which is currently nice and chilled.

Last edited:
Reactions: em
now called nobu hotel ibiza bay if I'm not mistaken...

opening 30th june

Interesting! Stamp "Nobu" on something and you will get people from new money countries rushing to it.

Talking of brands, has anyone been to the "Hilton Curio" in Ibiza Town? This is the one brand [Curio] that usually respect the original hotel and doesn't slap HILTON all over it.

Talking of brands, has anyone been to the "Hilton Curio" in Ibiza Town? This is the one brand [Curio] that usually respect the original hotel and doesn't slap HILTON all over it.

I have. for me it keeps being the montesol and I honestly don't know anyone on the island that calls it the hilton (or curio for that matter). they are having a really good winter, not least because plaza de parque was completely closed. it's turned into a meeting point again which is good.

I have. for me it keeps being the montesol and I honestly don't know anyone on the island that calls it the hilton (or curio for that matter). they are having a really good winter, not least because plaza de parque was completely closed. it's turned into a meeting point again which is good.

Brilliant. And that is a great thing! Curio are really good at doing exactly what you describe.

Hmm. Stayed at the Victoria several times, great little hotel, big plus was the carpeted corridor keeping the noise down, big minus was the cold outdoor pool (June and Sept) as it's in shade until after mid-day.

The new OD looks horrid, all white, soulless and boring. Is that what those with money want? And nothing about the outdoor pool on the website either. Just you get two *portable* phones per room...why??

If I had the readies, that looks the last place I would stay. If they are trying to make Talamanca a posh up-market resort, will it work? Surely there are better locations in Ibiza? The beach there isn't bad, but it's not wonderful either. And the resort itself doesn't have much behind it, a couple of shops and a bus shelter. Maybe that will change? Has it already??

big plus was the carpeted corridor keeping the noise down

The most important choices for a hotel in Ibiza.... room doors that don't slam loud, carpet in corridors and black out blinds!

I do miss the Victoria, it was a good 3* priced hotel. Had some amazing deals there over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back