Playa Real in Talamanca will turn into a luxurious hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of work going on since some weeks ago!

According to today's DDI, the ayuntamiento believes it will be a family-orientated 5-star without beach club...

so, summer 2017 then....maybe?

don't know. if you look at it right now you'd think 'no way they're getting that done in time', but I remember thinking the same the year they remodeled what's now hard rock hotel and suddenly it was done. but honestly, not sure they'll finish it in time for this season.

The plan was to have it ready for this summer but they spent so much time reforcing the structure, etc that it's still a skeleton... So yeah, summer 2017!

Just to give you an idea of how much money they have, they bought 44 flats (yes: BOUGHT + FORTY FOUR) at the Portamar II building behind Pacha for their staff...

Hi guys,

I am in Ibiza this week and I went yesterday to the Hotel Playa Real. I took pictures of it. Hier is the link of my photos:

https://www.facebook.com/fedal.salem/media_set?set=a.10154389599094510.848389509&type=3

If the glass is going in, it's at the point now where it will go from building site to hotel in weeks. Always amazes me how quickly the last part materialises once the structural changes all done. What is the name of the new hotel that is going there?

Hi guys,

I am in Ibiza this week and I went yesterday to the Hotel Playa Real. I took pictures of it. Hier is the link of my photos:

https://www.facebook.com/fedal.salem/media_set?set=a.10154389599094510.848389509&type=3
wouldn´t go back to this hotel and/or talamanca-area.
SERIOUS water- and parking-issues !

ps:
how did you like the new algarb ?
got a personal "guided tour" through this hotel in june.
wouldn´t stay there because they only have rooms with sideways sieview -
but not bad at all after the renovation.

i bet it's mostly titties! :D

:eek:

13754608_10154371567343094_3784260774664062129_n.jpg

love that pr-blabla :twisted:

:eek:

Like Nowhere Else in Ibiza

Imagine a place where indulgence and serenity cohabit peacefully. Where you have the ease of time and the freedom to pursue all of your desires under the golden sun.
Set on the turquoise shores of Talamanca Bay :spank::lol:, Ibiza Bay Resort & Spa brings a new level of inspirational luxury living, soulful service and Balearic style to the white isle.
Opening Summer 2017

Inspired by the white sand, turquoise sea and golden sun

Soft furnishings, natural wood and artisan ceramics reflect the island aesthetic lending a residential feel to our 152 rooms and suites, yet with all the desired luxuries of a 5* resort.
Rooms are effortlessly liveable, with plush beds, cosy sofas and deep natural stone soaking tubs. Floor to ceiling windows and open terraces mean you will wake to the scent of wild jasmine and fall asleep to the sound of the waves.

A seductive epicurean rush for the senses

There are no agendas here; breakfast is served at your leisure and spontaneous lunches blend into deliciously free-spirited nights.
Laze seaside over grilled gambas and sangria or a refreshing cold pressed juice. After sunset, creative cocktails are served alongside fresh seafood and rich pasta dishes.
From poolside to rooftop, Ibiza Bay Resort & Spa is the place to go for the Balearics' most sensational epicurean experiences ...

yes walked past today and still looks like alot to do-- and also stayed there way back in the day. Also went to see the new OD Hotel in Talamanca-- last year it was still Hotel Victoria-- anyway DOUBLY GOBSMACKED by the changes. And apparently-- talking to the people I know who are still there-- it was done in c. 8 months and possible if you have the right 'contacts' and obvs the readies!!. When I commented on how now it was a tad expensive the reception guy said well you can get a double room for 300 euros a night. When I first stayed there in 1999 ( then Hotel Victoria) it was basic and 2 stars and around 30 euros or less later in season. How things change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back