Playa d'en Bossa

Well you are approximately 2 minutes from Bora Bora, which is alright I suppose ;) Oh and there's Space which is ok too.

ps - in my performance review today I was told I keep understating things, I just don't understand it.

worth the extra £300 a week to go there or stay with san an????

and aguamar and a murphys and a mcdonalds and the longest beach on the island and the nudie bit down southend and watch the planes coming in and only ten minutes from Ibiza Town and only 20 minutes from the main clubs - what more do you want for goodness sake

So much nicer than San An. Its all about the Jet apartments, and having Bora Bora on your doorstep.

Plus theres virtually no drunk annoying british people (relatively)

just got back from there and it was the best two weeks of my life so far!!! murpheys was my fav place off all in playa den bossa seriously i went two years ago and now murpheys is better than ever!! its a serious must for anyone!!!! i know what all u big club freaks will probly hate this but i also enjoyed the foam parties at kiss and there was good nites in garbi the pubs and bars are excellent i particullay liked pago pago the sex on the beaches there are fantastic overall and excellent place and ill be back next year

Murphy's was the first place I went to when I got there!!
Litererally, I got off the plane and took the bus to playa den bossa and walked my happy ass with luggage and all to Murphys. I then proceeded to spill beer on my luggage. I was by myself waiting for my friend to come pick me up, I had jet lag like a mo fo and it was pretty embarassing.
( I don't think the free drinks on the plane helped either )
But yeah Murphys is cool!

i like the idea of being away from the beer boys...even tho i go to west end i aint a typical yobbish football shirt, secterian chanting yob...i like the sounds of pdb

Whats so great?

Having been to Ibiza twice, this is somewhere I regret having not been to yet, just so I can say I had done... but without space and bora bora, which I am keen to visit, what else does this place have to offer? Is it worth staying there, or is it just worth a day trip?

I thought I knew a bit about the island but this is one place I know nothing about, someone give me an honest opinion. Saying "its great" doesnt paint much of a picture for me!

Re: Whats so great?

andivokes said:
Having been to Ibiza twice, this is somewhere I regret having not been to yet, just so I can say I had done... but without space and bora bora, which I am keen to visit, what else does this place have to offer? Is it worth staying there, or is it just worth a day trip?

I thought I knew a bit about the island but this is one place I know nothing about, someone give me an honest opinion. Saying "its great" doesnt paint much of a picture for me!

Its all about the its location really, being where Space/Bora Bora is based but also close to airport, Ibiza town, Salinas etc.

The beach is very good and has plenty of places to grab snacks. There are very few, if any, good quality places to eat on an evening but again, Ibiza town is very close.

There are also plenty of bars but mostly consist of the tacky type (except Ancient People)

Yep, I agree with DrewUK, the location was probably the main reason we wanted to stay in Playa D'en Bossa. With Bora Bora, we didn't really venture anywhere else on the island to sunbathe/chill out during the day, and it was ideal to get to Ibiza Town at night. We did find the lack of decent bars and restaurants here a bit of a pain though, it was alright for snacks, pizza, etc, but we had to go to Ibiza Town to have a decent meal.
Would stay here again if we were brave enough to hire a car!!
Ancient People is probably the only bar we went to in Playa D'en Bossa really (not counting Bora Bora)!!

PDB is definitly the place to be.

Just back from a fortnight there and it seemed busier than last year to me despite people saying that numbers are down as a whole this season throughout the island.

So very basically, its only worth staying there if you plan on spending a lot of time in ibiza town?

I spent one eveing in ibiza town where I was there in aug and realised that finding a bar where you didnt need a remortgage for a drink quite a challenge, also there seemed to be a lack of restaurants there... I thought the place would be one big mass of bars and restaurants.

andivokes said:
So very basically, its only worth staying there if you plan on spending a lot of time in ibiza town?

I wouldn't say that, but just that whilst PDB doesn't have the most 'adventurous' selection of bars and restaurants on the island, Ibiza Town is almost on your doorstep.

I still think it's the best place to stay as you can dictate how chilled and expensive you want your holiday to be when you stay there and your not out in the middle of nowhere needing to get expensive taxis all the time.

@Andivokes

Andivokes, I think Playa den bossa isnt your scene. I dont want sound like a wiseguy but after looking at your pics I think yer more on your place in San Antonio s Westend. Good fun there, many english birds and enough places to choose from. You d rather give Playa Den Bossa a miss. You lot seems like a fun bunch of fine lads but u would get bored at PDB.
Regards

Back