PIKES

Anyone go last night? What was it like? Was was the set-up with rooms etc? Any decent names end up playing?

It was tidy enough but far from my favourite pikes night. Didn’t see any silly randomness which I expected if they were following the legacy.

Didn’t recognise anyone playing and didn’t see any set times up so f*** nose who was spinning but the choons were enjoyable filtering between disco and house all night.

Unsure my thoughts on the Plaza Mayor bit too 🧐 obvs great to have more dance space but was lacking atmosphere in there imo

Anyway, still had loads of fun which is always the aim of the game init.

Right, off for lunch down Sa Trinx. A fat Bloody Mary is in order and may swing by that Playa Sol to tick it off.

Lush to be back, as always ❤️

It was tidy enough but far from my favourite pikes night. Didn’t see any silly randomness which I expected if they were following the legacy.

Didn’t recognise anyone playing and didn’t see any set times up so f*** nose who was spinning but the choons were enjoyable filtering between disco and house all night.

Unsure my thoughts on the Plaza Mayor bit too 🧐 obvs great to have more dance space but was lacking atmosphere in there imo

Anyway, still had loads of fun which is always the aim of the game init.

Right, off for lunch down Sa Trinx. A fat Bloody Mary is in order and may swing by that Playa Sol to tick it off.

Lush to be back, as always ❤️
Good feedback there mate! I am torn between Pikes on the Saturday or Monday when we are over. We go home early Tuesday morning so this 'Manumission' thing needs to be substantially better than the Saturday to make it worth it for me.

The Saturday has already got Smokin Jo on the line-up with more to be announced...and if Manumission are blagging it with unknowns then I think I will swerve...would be interested to hear who actually played though.

Also interested to hear your reports for Playa Soleil as we have have signed up to Andrea Oliva on the Sunday....

Anyone go last night? What was it like? Was was the set-up with rooms etc? Any decent names end up playing?
I went and enjoyed it. As posted by Pikes in advance, there was no cabaret and the focus was on the music & vibe. Really nice, international crowd and plenty of couples (I did think about THAT meme!). It did get younger and a bit more British / Italian after 1am with the DC10 crowd arriving.

DJs were more Manumission residents rather than big names which I liked. Mixture of classics and recent releases.

I went and enjoyed it. As posted by Pikes in advance, there was no cabaret and the focus was on the music & vibe. Really nice, international crowd and plenty of couples (I did think about THAT meme!). It did get younger and a bit more British / Italian after 1am with the DC10 crowd arriving.

DJs were more Manumission residents rather than big names which I liked. Mixture of classics and recent releases.

Don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t give 2 f***s about the cabaret etc really, was just pointing it out. Always about the music at the end of the day init 🙂

Glad you had a good n tho mate 😎

Good feedback there mate! I am torn between Pikes on the Saturday or Monday when we are over. We go home early Tuesday morning so this 'Manumission' thing needs to be substantially better than the Saturday to make it worth it for me.

The Saturday has already got Smokin Jo on the line-up with more to be announced...and if Manumission are blagging it with unknowns then I think I will swerve...would be interested to hear who actually played though.

Also interested to hear your reports for Playa Soleil as we have have signed up to Andrea Oliva on the Sunday....

Smokin’ Jo was superb at Pikes on Saturday last year - definitely one of my highlights. So I’d recommend that.

Same decision - we have always done Saturday night, but now I’m thinking Monday versus Saturday. Maybe both?

Re Playa Sol - Didht get in as I had a rucksack so as a heads up, don’t take one 😂

Las Dalias was good yesterday. Great outdoor space that and a crowd of all ages with everyone smiling 🙂

Got a guestlist entry for this Saturday. Would be my first time at Pikes.

Question: Will I have to stand in a long queue in order to enter the club this time of the year? Does the arrival time matter? I am thinking about arriving around 10-11pm, after dinner.

And do they have open air areas to chill out open to club visitors (not exclusively hotel guests)?

How much do Pikes Pizzas cost, and are they yummy, or best avoided?

Thanks!

Got a guestlist entry for this Saturday. Would be my first time at Pikes.

Question: Will I have to stand in a long queue in order to enter the club this time of the year? Does the arrival time matter? I am thinking about arriving around 10-11pm, after dinner.

And do they have open air areas to chill out open to club visitors (not exclusively hotel guests)?

How much do Pikes Pizzas cost, and are they yummy, or best avoided?

Thanks!
Usually no line for pikes. I have always walked right in for club nights.

No comment on Pizza. I did brunch there once. It was adequate.

Pizza's are decent, can't remember the price (they won't be cheap)
Never had to queue, your arrival time is ideal.

2am crazy piano show near to bathtub club
Not sure what time the band plays in Plaza Mayor.

I had a pizza at Pikes today - my first of the year - whilst Defex then Nathan Burroughs were playing poolside early evening.

Obviously more expensive than your standard pizzeria - around 16-22 EUR - but decent and perfect when peckish. The CBD mushrooms seem to have gone though...

Back