Pete Tong

Probably need a thread for stories of finding songs but here will do

This time last year I was recovering from 4 heavy days at Lost Village. There was a great moment in the woods when Jennifer Cardini played this song that had which had a sort of 80s feel to it. Anyway it had stayed in my head and luckily I'd also got a 10 second video of it so I could begin my search. I decided to tweet Cardini directly and she rather cryptically replied "Check Garzen records". So I found Garzen records website and trawled through a number of songs to no avail and decided to message them over facebook and send them the video. A month later they replied saying "it's by this guy Omri Smadar and will be out soon". Great it's now October but I have found the artist. It turned out he was a young Israeli producer on Cardini's label (thanks Jen) so I also found him on facebook and sent him the video asking the name of the song. He replied with the name of the song and that it would be out sooooon (grrrr). So another 6 weeks passed and still no sign of the song so i messaged him again, it was now the end of November. He told me it's out 5th January but in the meantime here's an album he'd put together and sent me a download link to a 17 track compilation! What a thoroughly nice guy. On the 3rd of January he sent me the link for the EP for the song I was looking for and several others and the release date for it was now 17th January. Fantastic I thought, nearly 5 months later and i've finally got my hands on the tune.

Later that week I had Radio 1 on Friday night and it was Pete Tong's hottest record. Fuming.

Anyway here's the song :D

Like when you see someone's name trending on SM.. how many were disappointed when you found out that they weren't dead but only going on I'm a celebrity,get me out of here..

Back