Pete Tong

ugh...

seriously, who determines what is "Ibiza-related"? the music you're into? the music I'm into? the bands in McCrackin's live music thread? the 'desert sound' others champion? it's all wildly different and all has its place... but some of you seem to think the world starts and ends with bigroom 90s R1 dance anthems that you never quite let go of...
Best band from Ibiza was/is Winter Band who played at St. Pepper's just outside west-end. Beg. of the 80's

Sandy Marton - People From Ibiza, the BIGGEST hit in Ibiza 1984(maybe not in Ku)
But in small bares and Disco's

Anytime heard a song from Technique in Ibiza ?
Correct sentence. No beer in game.

Studio eas in Sant Joseph ?

Anytime heard a song from Technique in Ibiza ?
Correct sentence. No beer in game.

Studio eas in Sant Joseph ?

By the definitions of posters on here of what constitutes an Ibiza record, James Blunt has a good chance of featuring on the next Orchestra tour, as he’s recorded plenty of music in Ibiza. Yet IMO that doesn’t make any of them Ibiza records.

in the distant past way before we communicated on devices there were local music scenes around the world (makina in Barcelona, rare groove in London, techno trance in Frankfurt etc). Now there's no secrets. So a record that might have been synonymous with Amnesia in 89 because Alfredo alone played it would automatically achieve cult 'balearic' status as an iconic memento which defined and framed that 'first' generation's experience in almost religious terms. And to an extent I'm a hypocrite because in my subconscious those tunes are still the 'default' Ibiza records (even though I wasn't even there!!) but actually that is an out of date view cos virtually all music now is instantly accessible anywhere on earth meaning you may hear the same pop or reggaeton or tech house just about anywhere. I guess older people get precious about it all because they can still remember when these things had actual value and an emotional connection but now nothing has any value. The penny first dropped for me when I heard Groove Armada's at the river for the zillionth time on some commercial or in a supermarket and found myself thinking this is so overplayed it will never sound good at sunset ever again. The point is, Ibiza is whatever you want it to be now because too much time has passed now. There are probably 4 generational tiers on this forum 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s - the inevitable reality, each with their own take on things.

in the distant past way before we communicated on devices there were local music scenes around the world (makina in Barcelona, rare groove in London, techno trance in Frankfurt etc). Now there's no secrets. So a record that might have been synonymous with Amnesia in 89 because Alfredo alone played it would automatically achieve cult 'balearic' status as an iconic memento which defined and framed that 'first' generation's experience in almost religious terms. And to an extent I'm a hypocrite because in my subconscious those tunes are still the 'default' Ibiza records (even though I wasn't even there!!) but actually that is an out of date view cos virtually all music now is instantly accessible anywhere on earth meaning you may hear the same pop or reggaeton or tech house just about anywhere. I guess older people get precious about it all because they can still remember when these things had actual value and an emotional connection but now nothing has any value. The penny first dropped for me when I heard Groove Armada's at the river for the zillionth time on some commercial or in a supermarket and found myself thinking this is so overplayed it will never sound good at sunset ever again. The point is, Ibiza is whatever you want it to be now because too much time has passed now. There are probably 4 generational tiers on this forum 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s - the inevitable reality, each with their own take on things.
Maybe even 5 tiers....

Back