Pete Tong

Oakie may be at Cream a few nights this summer in Ibiza.

So does the Fri/pacha/tong thing mean that we wont get his R1 show this summer or will he be doing that then Sleazy Jetting it to Ibiza?

i would have thought that he will still be doing his show, as that finishes at 9 and he can be in ibiza by 1 easily...

Pacha Pure Opening Party with Tongy is June 20th, we get to Ibiza about 6pm on the 20th so that'll just start me off nicely :p

:( I won't get to Ibiza until June 21 early in the morning, too bad. Oh well, maybe I will still get to see him on the 27th! :)

Now, as an ol' codger I've seen Mr. Tong many times over the years, and IMHO he's had his good nights, and his bad nights, but he's never reaallyyy got a crowd dribbling wet. That was until I saw him at the Pacha 30th @ Opium Gardens during the Miami WMC a couple of weeks ago (oh lucky me!): He's definitely updated his routine and he got my juices flowing over a 2-hour set! Stomping house mixed in with a couple of crowd-pleasing hangbag tunes got the locals going mental (well, as mental as anal-retentive look-at-me South Florida types get). Hopefully this bodes well for his (confirmed yet?) Pacha summer residency. Only bummer was the young whipper-snapper of a DJ that followed him on (David Guetta? Who he?), who proceeded to drop at the start of his set the "We Can Be Heroes" mash doing the rounds at the mo' and quite rightly, IMHO, cleared the floor of dancers in 4 mins flat! What a load of self-indulgent shiite it is! And as ever Snr Morales was a complete waste of space, with his "shandy" House. The only decent thing about him was the bevvie of lightly-clad females who were permanently attached to his arms all night. Sigh.....

Also, our little Japanese friend Satoshi Tomiie was in one of the other rooms and really nailed a somewhat snooty crowd, and got them getting down an' dirty. And Umek was just plain scary!

Lookin' good for Mr. Tong in Pacha this summer, as long as they can keep Morales & Co. away.

Mart

Yes i aggree, David Morales has gone downhill the last couple of years.

Last good set i heard him play was July 2001 at Pacha.

He was awful (and really messy/fcuked) last year at a Pacha in Sep, and not very good at Bed in Sheffield Uk earlier in 2002 :(

Only seen Mrs Morales once, at Space last year. He played noon till 3pm and his kinda stuff suited that time of day. The sun was shining and there was plenty of move to dance, he dropped Barry White, My First My Last My Everyting and i went a bit loopy. The laydeez tell me he has a lovely back. Can't imagine him being anything other than dull after about 8pm though.

Back