Pete Tong Ibiza Classical

The beer situation was a joke...Couldnt believe what a pain it was at a venue like o2 to get a drink...and then they stopped serving at 10!?

ok i'll come clean. the REAL reason I hate Pete Tong is that I entered a competition on his forum in 2007 to get some tickets to go check him at the ministry of sound with philly cent and he never replied. can you believe it? do you know how HURTFUL that was? after 101,000 posts, it felt like a kick in the teeth.

ok i'll come clean. the REAL reason I hate Pete Tong is that I entered a competition on his forum in 2007 to get some tickets to go check him at the ministry of sound with philly cent and he never replied. can you believe it? do you know how HURTFUL that was? after 101,000 posts, it felt like a kick in the teeth.

ok that explains your hatred ;)

I say fair play to Tong. He probably didnt do much on the night itself although there is probably the underlying bass that needs to be timed. I'd say he also has a big shout on the tune selection.

I also disagree with you about Insomnia. It might be a bit cheesey or whatever but it really works well with this orchestra thing.

Agreed about beer situation, really bad but I think some of the people were using other substances for their entertainment however :lol:

insomnia is music for estate agents from Battersea, something a bit 'dancey' to file alongside Adele and Mumford & Sons on their CD rack. even maxi jazz freely admits he hates it now. it keeps me awake at night just thinking about it.

Insomnia was one of the highlights of the night. guess we should all hang our heads in shame...or head back to the estate agents ;)

Haha ... He answered my tweet, that's how I got 2 free tickets TBH.

Insomnia sounded really good, it was a top night .... He done good

What's this Jeff mills stuff you mention ?

Much as I love Mills, it didn't quite come off imo, as the bass is barely audible here but it was an interesting concept

francesco tristano did something similar with carl craig - in their case, I think the drumbeats and the piano blend perfectly (the 12" of the melody is a real builder)

then there's the stuff henrick schwarz has done with bugge wesseltoft - more improvised / jazzy than classical though. I saw them do this live a few months back and it was pretty powerful in a dark room.

Definitely in my top 5.. I got an old salinas double cd mixed and unmixed and the original is on it..a sure track to get everyone moving when played..:)

Well this has just been on The One Show (I know) does look quite good, a different take some cherished memories of 20 years ago

Went again yesterday.
Loved it as much or more than last year.

There will be the usual haters but this REALLY works at the O2 (as opposed to reports i read from when it was held in Ibiza).
Really amazing atmosphere. Felt like a proper club night which can't be easy to recreate in such a big venue but the crowd definitely makes up for it :)

Pleased that they still kept the big classics even when introducing new songs to last years set.

Back