Pete Tong Ibiza Classical

Ferd

Going to this tonight, looking forward to it.

I think it's on BeatTV.

Anyone else going to this or the other nights?

I went last night, was such an amazing experience! Took a song or two to get into but once it did I loved it! Everyone there was really going for it! Amazing

Same tonight. Amazing show.

I think the classics probably went down better than the new ones but still, great night.

Goosebumps with cafe del mar and insomnia.

I'm not a fan of the 'classics' thing, but after listening to the album and watching the live show last night, thought it was really well done!

It was absolutely immense. I was actually suprised how good the atmosphere was...literally the whole of o2, raving, even the boxes and top level. Energy 52 when they had the aerial footage of ibiza was a real goosebumps moment for me. Agreed on the comments about the new tunes...they werent really classics and as good as john newmans performance was at the end, its not the best tune to really end on.

Missed the first 20 mins unfortunately as we arrived late and the line to get in was huge. also was amazingly hard to get a beer in o2!

one question...so what exactly was pete tong doing on those decks ha ha ;)

unable to access it - what happened?

Me neither now, think Tim has disabled his account.

He'd said Tong was chancing it, not actually doing anything, under the spotlight, while the professionals played in the dark, essentially. @danny w (Danny Whittle) was the best known responder, I guess, saying it provided work for said professionals and a good night for many people.

We had this debate....we basically accepted the fact that the Pete Tong branding was what kind of got us there even though deep down we knew that he was doing nothing. There are often classical events doing dance music covers and we ignored them so it would be niave (sp) to think his presence didnt work. We also commented on the night that they should have had more cameras on the band, seeing as that was what made it different.

Exactly. he had decks in front him him...but i think he was doing a bit of a David Guetta/Euro 2016 performance! He was funny enough on the mic and people appreciated it, but it was a bit like a top of the pops performance.

But then go see Chemical Brothers live...they are amazing...but all they are doing is pushing play at the start of the set and then pretending to do loads on the keyboards and computers.

so he's basically a glorified compere

*big difference between Guetta and Chems though

Guetta and all the EDM lot pretend to DJ and rips off thousands of unsuspecting teenagers around the world for a living and make millions out of it. it's amazing just how many of these guys get away away with it.

with Chemical Borthers some aspects are pre-recorded but there is a particular skillset in operating all their equipment - keyboards, mixing desks, synth modules, drum machines and co-ordinating with vast auditoriums. it's not a case of turning up with a CD and pressing play!

so not comparing chems to guetta at all...guetta is selling something he isnt. a chems live show is innane...so so good. Having said that, i know their former a and r manager and he confirmed that they turn up and press play. they arent actually doing much at all live. I dont care, the show was still good regardless.

Me neither now, think Tim has disabled his account.

He'd said Tong was chancing it, not actually doing anything, under the spotlight, while the professionals played in the dark, essentially. @danny w (Danny Whittle) was the best known responder, I guess, saying it provided work for said professionals and a good night for many people.

I saw that this morning. Made myself late reading it. That Sid Shanti boy had clearly been up all night :lol:

Enjoyed the show except for the 2 Rudimental tunes, seen them live at the 02 and in Sankys, I dont think they fitted in with the night at all.

I was in the Mosh pit and the crowd in the whole 02 were rocking, fantastic atmosphere, but a ball ache getting a beer.

Couldn't give a monkeys what Tongy was doing, I admire him, all these years on Radio 1 and he still fronts dance music, he made it happen and it was great, I felt it was better than The Hacienda at The Royal Albert Hall.

Picked my wife and some friends up from the performance at the MEN last night. I turned down a ticket because naively I thought the crowd wouldn't be getting into the music/dancing. Bad choice! Looked great in the videos and even up in the tiers people were raving:D

She also said the faithless track was the best track and the visuals of Ibiza were great with the lasers

Enjoyed the show except for the 2 Rudimental tunes, seen them live at the 02 and in Sankys, I dont think they fitted in with the night at all.

I was in the Mosh pit and the crowd in the whole 02 were rocking, fantastic atmosphere, but a ball ache getting a beer.

Couldn't give a monkeys what Tongy was doing, I admire him, all these years on Radio 1 and he still fronts dance music, he made it happen and it was great, I felt it was better than The Hacienda at The Royal Albert Hall.
Hacienda Classical in Manchester - different again

his fans are mugs

1. he nicked the whole concept for this from Jeff Mills
2. nobody needs to hear Insomnia ever again
3. he should use his considerable influence in the industry to lobby on behalf of the UK's dying clubs instead of indulging novelty vanity projects

Back