People who sign their emails with the first initial..

utagaura

:spank:

Do you do this?

I hope not!

So many people do this. I think it's just a silly trend. Friends, work colleagues especially.

here are some gems I've received recently.....

"See you at 1 pm. Meeting in Rm 203

S"

"Take care and see you tomorrow!

B xx"

"What time will you arrive?

D"

:lol:

I do that sometimes... but I've got my full name in my work email signature so does that count? :lol:

i don't mind that really.

in the dance music industry you're an outsider if you don't sign off with "best"....!

OH MAN!!! ****ING!!! My theatre based sexually incompitant ****ing retardo bitch mate who I've been telling since 1992 to leave me the **** alone signs his e-mails and **** like that.

I can't stand people who do things like that.

Theres a guy in my work who includes the letters HNC (with distinction) after his name, totally seriously as well.

so he did only one year at uni? hardly anything to brag about!

Its a College qualification. HNC for 1 year courses, HND for 2 year courses. When I went to Uni after getting my HND I could have gone into 3rd year, but I decided to go into 2nd as there was more Physics stuff involved than what I was used to but I ended up getting punted anyway.

but yeah, the reason I mentioned it, its like, putting HNC after your name is just asking for abuse :lol:

To add "(with distinction)" on the end just tops it off. Poor guy. He's a nice fella too, I just don't think anyone has the heart to mention it.

Its a College qualification. HNC for 1 year courses, HND for 2 year courses. When I went to Uni after getting my HND I could have gone into 3rd year, but I decided to go into 2nd as there was more Physics stuff involved than what I was used to but I ended up getting punted anyway.

but yeah, the reason I mentioned it, its like, putting HNC after your name is just asking for abuse :lol:

To add "(with distinction)" on the end just tops it off. Poor guy. He's a nice fella too, I just don't think anyone has the heart to mention it.

oh i see now. if the bloke wanted letters after his name, why not do a bloody degree or a masters.

yours

djchewie - BA (Hons) Visual Communication 2:1

the letters after name are laughable.

Regards

Greg O'Halloran BA Hons 2.1, MCIPS, DIC, Black Belt (Origami),

:spank:

Do you do this?

I hope not!

So many people do this. I think it's just a silly trend. Friends, work colleagues especially.

here are some gems I've received recently.....

"See you at 1 pm. Meeting in Rm 203

S"

"Take care and see you tomorrow!

B xx"

"What time will you arrive?

D"

what interesting lives you lead in Deadmonton..

O.

Guilty as charged... I do it with text messages as well. For example; "B ther is 5mins" J

Keep er lit,

J (****, there I go again ;))

John Joseph Francis Cranney
Bsc (hons) Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Strategy: 2.1 & MSc Creative Advertising: Pass

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind people doing that in emails if it's people I know and email regularly throughout the day, I often sign emails to close colleagues "HH" and they do the same, but I hate it when people use text-style language in emails when you don't know them and they are asking something serious, it's unprofessional...as for putting HND, what a looser it's hardly a huge educational achievement.

Nah... still dont' like it, particularly in emails! ;)

I just wonder if it's a trend, because no one used to do it... then it seems everyone does it.

Ack!!

Imagine if Tiesto signed his e-mails as...

" Tiesto - Dj "

or "love always
T - Dj"

I can't stand it. Especially when its someone you know in real life. It makes it that more retarded. Its like "man I know who its from, why sign your name?"

And worst of all, why sign it like some ****ing poorly made 90's ****ing american teenage Tv show? When I see people sign it like that, I imagine the cast of Full House doing **** like that ... But god I love the theme song :D

Everyone at my work does it, I have never seen it before so the first few days at work it threw me a bit, i.e.

Sam is off Sick,

Thanks,

J

Or the man I work for he sends me this quite a lot:

E

PPO

N

As in Emma, please put on. Throws you at first but you soon get used to it ;)

Back