party-defining tunes (old and new)

heard it on openlab radio around midnight while driving from ibiza town to san antonio, that night i only drunk a few glasses of vine but i could still feel the leftovers from the night before at who cares at cova santa, i fell in love with this track.

even better than the og (imo)

That's a big call, although it is a good remix. I think 'the classics' do suffer from a degree of over familiarity today now people can access digitally at will rather than have to dig into the vinyl vaults sparodically. The original for me will always be associated with a Bill Brewster set in about '99 at fabric played completely out of the blue. Had never heard it in a club before and hadn't heard at all for years and it literally blew me away how good it sounded in there.

Much changed days at the Subby now unfortunately. Went for the first time in a couple of years to Harri and Dom and the place has went to pot. Can't say this without sounding sexiest but it's not meant that way as I know loads of females who are bang into the scene and more knowledgeable than me but the amount of daft girls prancing around in heels and dresses taking photos was embarrassing.

Bouncers outside the cubicles now as well, recall the days when it was the bouncers queuing for a line of gak now full of folk sitting at tables on their phones.

Arches closing didn't help as those who went to Colors etc needed somewhere to go.

Advance tickets as well, luckily still knew a few old faces but 100 tickets on the door and a queue all the way to the bridge from 9pm to get one!

Great club and must be making a fortune these days but another great place sadly gone in my view

Back