party-defining tunes (old and new)

This one from summer 2008 - defined just about every party for me that closing season, but especially the Monza closing at Privilege. MANDY or Tiefschwarz (can't remember) caning it in a pitch-black Vista Club, not yet so named.

WMC 2003. Lexicon Avenue at Nerve (now Treehouse). One of the greatest DJ sets I've heard, and this particular track was just tearing through every venue in Miami that week, on white label.

An incredible WMC that year...other tracks that debuted that week IIRC were an anonymous remix of Flock Of Seagulls "I Ran," Sikk - "Washing Machine," and the Sander Kleinenberg remix of Justin Timberlake "Rock Your Body" - the latter being Sander's last track on the rooftop terrace at Space downtown, right before Lawler came on (nearly noon at that point and still going strong). Max Graham opened up for both, while Sasha & Digweed held down the main room all night. Ah, the golden era of progressive house :)

But this Lexicon Avenue remix of Depeche Mode just blew everything away, especially at their own party.

Last one...for me this defined every 4th Friday at Twilo in the late 1990s. Sasha + Digweed residency.

The most perfect club I've ever set foot in, from layout to sound to crowd to overall vibe. May Giuliani never escape the shame of shutting that place down.

S+D mixed this Saints and Sinners track with Trisco - "Muzak" on their Communication mix CD and did it live as well. The two tracks were just made for it each other. It brings me back to those DARK nights at Twilo, so much energy and just a touch of anarchy.

I also recall Pete Tong mixing those same two tracks together at Home @ Space in Ibiza the following summer in a clear nod to Sasha for whom Pete was opening that night (summer of 2000).

Layo & Bushwacka would play this at the end of every set I saw them play. The last time I saw them was a few weeks before the End shut with a 6 hour set and they played a breaks version of this before we all emerged into the city for breakfast.

Biggest house classic for me in the last 10 years is still Hercules & Love Affair - blind (frankie knuckles rmx) beautiful, warm music that moves me to tears - real end of nighter.

On the techier side and on a darker tip, the villalobos remix of depeche mode sinner in me was probably the most original piece of music i heard in a long, long time.

In terms of dancefloor pandemonium the todd terje remix of shit robot simple things was always such a party pleaser.

All instant classix imo

My first time working out there and a bunch of newly found friends hearing this

Has stuck with me ever since that night.

Great tunes folks! Radio 1 10 Years in Ibiza at Space was a great night, Deep Dish, Erick Morillo, Pete Tong and this monster dropped by Laurent Garnier. What a night, can't wait to get back this summer ;0)

Pete Tong dropped this one at the end of Pure Pacha on a Friday night, def a loved up feel

And this night for me was special Luciano and Richie Hawtin Back 2 Back at Ushuaia, they built a tunnel over to space as it was a cross over night between Cadenza and Enter .. Last 2 choons were amazing.

Luciano - Rise Of Angel
Kolsch - Der Alte

Cadenza_Enter_2012_essentailibiza_Nic_J_image05.jpg
Cadenza_Enter_2012_essentailibiza_Nic_J_image05.jpg

Last edited:
Great tunes folks! Radio 1 10 Years in Ibiza at Space was a great night, Deep Dish, Erick Morillo, Pete Tong and this monster dropped by Laurent Garnier. What a night, can't wait to get back this summer ;0)

Garnier's hour was tremendous. I was in Ibiza that day but decided to go to We Love the following day instead.

I'm sure these were all big tunes first couple of times round for me - could go on all night but as we digress...:rolleyes:

Back