party-defining tunes (old and new)

Petite histoire on that Nørus track:

I submitted it on https://www.whosampled.com/Nørus/Make-a-Move/ as an interpolation of Tomossini's Another Dimension but it didn't pass the almighty moderator:

Dear Bahamas,

Your submission has been rejected by a moderator:
Nørus's Make a Move sample of Tomossini's Another Dimension

This submission does not meet the required standard for a replayed sample (interpolation). An interpolation must be a long, distinctive and clearly identifiable reference to the original rather than an incidental similarity. The reference must be obvious and the intention to reference the earlier recording beyond doubt.

We're sorry that your submission has been rejected. Please refer to our submission guidelines if you would like any further clarification. If you strongly believe that the rejection was done by mistake, please reply to this e-mail with any additional supporting information and WhoSampled Support will re-review your submission.

Best regards,

WhoSampled team

Of course I replied with some supporting information but unfortunately didn't receive another response.

It may be a long stretch but to my ears sample source is the same.
Nørus doubled the pitch, added a lo-fi effect and repeats the last bar (whereas Tomossini lets the melody fade away).
It's quite clear when comparing Nørus 0:15 -> 0:20 with Tomossini 0:16 -> 0:26.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Petite histoire on that Nørus track:

I submitted it on https://www.whosampled.com/Nørus/Make-a-Move/ as an interpollation of Tomossini's Another Dimension but it didn't pass the almighty moderator:

Of course I replied with some supporting information but unfortunately didn't receive another response.

It may be a long stretch but to my ears sample source is the same.
Nørus doubled the pitch, added a lo-fi effect and repeats the last bar (whereas Tomossini lets the melody fade away).
It's quite clear when comparing Nørus 0:15 -> 0:20 with Tomossini 0:16 -> 0:26.

Just my two cents.
Il get a better listen to this when I get a chance but I must admit at first glance I don't hear it

Back