party-defining tunes (old and new)

Long weekend up here, few of the boys together and reminiscing about the Steve Mac and Irvine Welsh (Irvine playing as Klaus Blatter, Steve played under another German name but can't recall that, both had been on it for days prior) set at Pikes last September, few that we recall being played below. Only 30 - 40 folk in Pikes that night, was a biblical storm on the island hence the poor turnout, taxi home at 7am to Bossa the roads completely flooded and the cabby still doing 80!;

Long weekend up here, few of the boys together and reminiscing about the Steve Mac and Irvine Welsh (Irvine playing as Klaus Blatter, Steve played under another German name but can't recall that, both had been on it for days prior) set at Pikes last September, few that we recall being played below. Only 30 - 40 folk in Pikes that night, was a biblical storm on the island hence the poor turnout, taxi home at 7am to Bossa the roads completely flooded and the cabby still doing 80!;

outta limits is a beauty ??
Rez is always a personal favourite ?

I'd just turned 30 in 2005 and someone said let's go to The End. I think cj mackintosh was in one room with todd terry and ben watt and buzzin fly were in the other loungier area (i could well be confusing nights here. I virtually lived in that place). Went for a walk and heard those nagging strings being teased in and out of some other big US thumper and I was wasted and transfixed and then it was getting hammered by everyone everywhere (based on an old Microsoft Windows riff I heard...). Alongside Rej the undisputed anthem of that summer. I was out 2/3x a week. I felt invincible. Another era. Another time. QH never really topped this. How could he?

he had a certain unique style. the absolute king of the big room organ sound with a few vocals chucked in for good measure. "House is a community. Feeling is an understanding. Trust in God" all that kind of spiritual shite that sounds so profound when you're royally kippered. it was a tried n tested formula but man did it work! never wavering from around 125-128bpm. I think gilles p put me on to this one

Back