party-defining tunes (old and new)

Was listening to Quench the other day whilst writing some nostalgic music blog and i'd forgotten just how fast everything was in the 90s on the proggy/trance side. (I barely scrape 120 bpm now!) This was a bit of a big tune in its day. Those churchbells sounded amazing on a night out. Trivia: It was written by an Australian guy who's a good mate of a certain former Spotlighter!

Was listening to Quench the other day whilst writing some nostalgic music blog and i'd forgotten just how fast everything was in the 90s on the proggy/trance side. (I barely scrape 120 bpm now!) This was a bit of a big tune in its day. Those churchbells sounded amazing on a night out. Trivia: It was written by an Australian guy who's a good mate of a certain former Spotlighter!

Umek just made a remix...

This was a gamechanger for me early 00s. Moving across London, discovering new sounds, new ideas, new haircuts.. would often hear this at 333. Moroder meets electroclash. Great times!

Metro Area released so many classics but this lesser-known later release always stuck with me, the sound of bank holiday specials and all that they entailed..

Ok one more before I get dragged to the shops..

Not much in life can ever really top being a teen getting into music, when you crave excitement over sophistication. This had it all. A hands in the air rave bomb at its most devastating. A nuclear assault on the dancefloor, the absolute apex of sweaty energy.

Back