Palmarama @ PLAYA SOLEIL 2023

I only stayed for a little bit last night and I couldn't get in the zone, didn't enjoy the crowd as much yesterday (albeit there being a lot of friends of mine). I much preferred akasha personally, even though it's true that a lot of people who stayed for the full duration said sven was overall better last night than on thu.

anyway, I finally got my sven fix. now can laurent garnier please hopefully be able play soon again so I can go see him too?
I think the crowd is a consequence of its location and the other establishments nearby.
Some might just been there as a "warm up" before moving on to the next event.
As soon as Glitterbox opened its doors you could notice the change, less people for a start and a much better vibe.

I think the crowd is a consequence of its location and the other establishments nearby.
Some might just been there as a "warm up" before moving on to the next event.
As soon as Glitterbox opened its doors you could notice the change, less people for a start and a much better vibe.

that's good to hear. I had a hike early today so couldn't stay late

that's good to hear. I had a hike early today so couldn't stay late
That's a shame but work always comes first 😉
Going back to the crowd issue, again maybe due it's very touristy location, I noticed it does have a certain amount of blokes patrolling the dancefloor in search of a girl to grab from behind while pretending to dance.
Very funny and sad at the same time to see them moving quickly to the next one once refused the unwanted attention 🤣
PS: Maybe we could wish for a Garnier set in the winter months for the locals? 😉

That's a shame but work always comes first 😉
Going back to the crowd issue, again maybe due it's very touristy location, I noticed it does have a certain amount of blokes patrolling the dancefloor in search of a girl to grab from behind while pretending to dance.
Very funny and sad at the same time to see them moving quickly to the next one once refused the unwanted attention 🤣
PS: Maybe we could wish for a Garnier set in the winter months for the locals? 😉
Yep our group had a good laugh at pointing out the perverts throughout the night 🤣

We are on the list for 8th Oct but no line up yet. I'm a little apprehensive whether or not I will like the venue; can't get my head around the concept of the place?

We are on the list for 8th Oct but no line up yet. I'm a little apprehensive whether or not I will like the venue; can't get my head around the concept of the place?
It’s a great little club mate, toilets are a bit of a joke when it’s busy but I really enjoyed it

Last week Sven appeared about 21.00
It was almost empty up until 20.00.
But he was the main draw tho, this time the line up is a bit more extended with lots of names that might attract a biggi-sh crowd, besides there's not much going on elsewhere in Plays den Bossa, without Glitterbox I fear it might stay a bit too busy until the end and not necessarily with the right kind of people 😉 but this is of course is to be seen.

Is this going to be full of whoppers now bearing in mind the last few comments (not those who commented obvs)?

Is this going to be full of whoppers now bearing in mind the last few comments (not those who commented obvs)?
Maybe not, who knows? Thing is, like I said, not having much around some people would just go there just for the sake of it.
I'll head there soon and I'll see it for myself, very happy to be proved wrong 😉

Well, I stayed from 10 to midnight, Lazarus was playing, for me it was a very good experience! Good sound, mostly friendly crowd, free, and possibility to have a walk on the beach whenever you want.
Congratulations Playa Soleil!

I was there for an hour, also while Damian Lazarus was playing. Decent numbers but not squeezed in and some good music, but hard to get into sober. Got a lovely long sleep instead

I was there for an hour, also while Damian Lazarus was playing. Decent numbers but not squeezed in and some good music, but hard to get into sober. Got a lovely long sleep instead
Same here, I went with the plan to stay for a while as I thought it would've have been really busy so it was going to be a sober affair type of evening.
Regretted my decision as I was actually quite getting into Damian Lazarus and didn't mind what I've heard from Oliva either.
It was comfortably busy and a good crowd.
Faced with the choice of staying there sober or try somehow to break that, the sensible me decided to go home with a clear head just around 1:00 am 🤣

Back