Pacha's 2014 line-up

el_loco

so what are you all thinking about pachas 2014 lineup? my guess is a steve aoki residency on mondays, the popular flower power moving to fridays and insane doing tuesdays or wednesdays as it's easier to get djs without the festivals which are on the weekends. don't think gerber will return. that would make an opening ...

so what are you all thinking about pachas 2014 lineup? my guess is a steve aoki residency on mondays, the popular flower power moving to fridays and insane doing tuesdays or wednesdays as it's easier to get djs without the festivals which are on the weekends. don't think gerber will return. that would make an opening ...

Posters last season towards the end said that Markus Schulz & Ferry Corsten would have a night there under their New World Punx alias

Are you guessing above, or you have some real knowledge? I know there was a suggestion in the interview above that Insane may move, but in wasn't confirmed. My view for what it is worth, it worked well on a Friday - especially the nights where there was some Sneak/Farina/Carter peak time House (accessible enough for the weekend crowd) followed by Digweed's deep beats for those who stick around after 5AM. Why do you think WOTG/Gerber will not return? This night IMO (more than Insane and Solomun + 1) was instrumental in helping change the perception many had of Pacha. There were times last year when this was musically the most daring night on the island! Personally I think it really got some momentum towards the end of the session..... and could really build on this in 2014 with a few small changes...

Last year was the first time that I didn't go to Ibiza in a long time as the year before when came there were many things that were changing and annoying me more about the place than ever. But I cant ever stop myself looking on this forum to see whats going on, just because I love the music and the way nights and change its important to keep up if you're a fan of electronic music.
Its interesting the way things change and from what happened last year I thought Pacha took some really bold steps to try and draw something back from their heritage which was very important.
It seems Pacha showed great faith with Guy Gerber and in return he provided something very different from the other alternatives. To me, at the moment he's a pioneer, and from hearing some of the stuff he's been making over the last couple of years his night is really something that makes me want to come again this year (along with Innervisions on the Space terrace which last time was by far my best night). And some of the guest line ups looked amazing.
I am getting a bit older, but far from saying anything like "its not what it used to be", its good to see a little more diversity now away from the big beach clubs.
There's still nowhere in the world that has the magic quite like Ibiza in my opinion, but now there are lots of alternatives. But I really hope that Pacha still has Wisdom Of The Glove this year, as I will be back!

my guess is a steve aoki residency on mondays, the popular flower power moving to fridays and insane doing tuesdays or wednesdays as it's easier to get djs without the festivals which are on the weekends. don't think gerber will return. that would make an opening ...

as things look like, none of this is true...

Rumour mill is in full spring mode, so this is what we know (or think we know) so far! Epica and Wisdom (in the same form as last year) will not be back this year. Looks like Pacha will have only two tech-house / underground parties in the form of Insane & Solomun + 1. Guy Gerber (rumoured) to be part of Insane on a Friday and maybe part of more parties at Destino. Disappointed that Wisdom isn't back, but looks like Guy Gerber will still be part of the Pacha family, so happy in that respects, and I think the Insane party can build on what they had last year.

Looks like Pacha are swallowing another EDM pill on Wednesday and having Steve Aoki as resident. No idea as yet what Monday's will be, but guessing that Chuckie may be part of it if its a re-hash of Epica last year (pure guess). Pure Pacha was a complete road-block last year, so can't imagine them changing it much and / or moving it from Saturday slot.

Monday - ? No Idea ?
Tuesday - Flower Power (guessing it is back on Tuesday as very very busy night for Pacha)
Wednesday - Steve Aoki residency ?
Thursday - FMIF / Guetta
Friday - INSANE (assume John Digweed, Fritz Kalkbrenner and maybe Guy Gerber as residents?)!
Saturday - Pure Pacha
Sunday - Solomun + 1

Used to love Pacha and went religiously 10 / 15 years ago for Subliminal,Release Yourself and Renaissance. Fell out of love when it went down the more commercial route but returned last year for Insane with Sneak / Farina / Carter followed by Joris Voorn. Fantastic night and really hope Sneak and co are made residents.

Guess? Strong rumour? Or heard through the grapevine that it's official? Haha

If ONLY this could be True! As I said previously Ame at Pacha last year was amazing, but can't quite see them all making a base at Pacha. And going up against Circo Loco and Cocoon with a Tech-House night may not be the smartest move. However, this is one thing I would love to be wrong on. My **guess** is they will tie up with Cocoon maybe?

Last edited:
Used to love Pacha and went religiously 10 / 15 years ago for Subliminal,Release Yourself and Renaissance. Fell out of love when it went down the more commercial route but returned last year for Insane with Sneak / Farina / Carter followed by Joris Voorn. Fantastic night and really hope Sneak and co are made residents.

Fingers crossed!
Insane Closing was probably my favourite night last year.

Fingers crossed!
Insane Closing was probably my favourite night last year.

Agree! Didn't quite realise it so much at the time, but some of those Insane nights last year were absolutely amazing. Sneak / Farina / Carter followed by Digweed was a complete winning combination IMO!

Back