Im going there tomorrow.
I AM gonna have a good time.

just try and stop me.......

Hey Rusty, we'll be seeing you next week - make sure you give us a full run-down on the do's and don'ts ;)

Hope you have a great time and a safe journey.

See you next Friday :eek:

Barbie said:
The other option is to get villa, I've never done this just cos you need to have a car and I'm not fit to drive :rolleyes: :p and my Keeper doesn't fancy it, he'd be alright on straight roads but says he wouldn't know what to do when he came to a roundabout :p :lol:

I'll drive!! :p ;)

This is very worrying reading, we are going for 2 weeks this season and have chosen the Es Vive for the first week. Really can't stand any attitude. We like to just have a good time. Will we be scrutinised by the pool? Can we have a "friendly" chat in the bar after a big night out?

Barbie said:
The other option is to get villa, I've never done this just cos you need to have a car and I'm not fit to drive :rolleyes: :p and my Keeper doesn't fancy it, he'd be alright on straight roads but says he wouldn't know what to do when he came to a roundabout :p :lol:

Villa's are amazing - do what you want when you want with people who you want to do it with (does that make sense?), driving? you need a cunning plan...invite a "non-clubber" to join you at your villa for a "free" holiday - only catch is they have to drive. Works a treat all around until they discover the 'magic' and then never want to go home ever again.

AlixB said:
This is very worrying reading, we are going for 2 weeks this season and have chosen the Es Vive for the first week. Really can't stand any attitude. We like to just have a good time. Will we be scrutinised by the pool? Can we have a "friendly" chat in the bar after a big night out?

Dont worry about it! No attitude whatsoever and dont worry about chatting at the bar. There is lovely seats with soft cushions everywhere outside and random, friendly chats go down well on these. You'll be served right at your table/seat.

Only thing is: yes they will ask you to only drink drinks purchased from the bar if your sitting round the pool. You can probably get away with a small bottle of water from outside but at least buy one drink so they see you've bought something from them.

I wouldnt get worked up about any of these posts cause all in all its decent enough service and friendly. I stayed there and had a fab time! I even snuck in a few grocery items up to my room and i never had any problems. If they ask just say your packing a lunch for the beach, blah, blah..

Thats my two cents.. :D Enjoy!

I actually saw one of the waitresses take someone's bottle of water (bought from a shop) while they were in the pool.

dance4life said:
Barbie said:

Lol, it's a date, shall we pencil in last 2 wks of Sept next year ;)

Barbie said:
dance4life said:
Barbie said:

Lol, it's a date, shall we pencil in last 2 wks of Sept next year ;)

unfortunately i cant commit at the moment Babs but i'll keep you posted as always.. :) ;)

Just got back

Just got back and stayed at Es Vive, also stayed there last year on a weekend break.

I only get a few holidays a year so when I go I need to feel confident I will get what I expect.

Yes Es Vive is a bit expensive, but that does keep out the less undesirable elements, food is great, but there are plenty of other places to eat in the surrounding area.

The decks cool and you can just relax with waitress service, just what you need.

This year we met so many great people of our age 30+ we ended up going out with a lot of them, lots of sharing cigarettes, drinks, lifts, cabs as well as other stuff.

For me it was exactly what I needed.

Re: Just got back

ME said:
Just got back and stayed at Es Vive, also stayed there last year on a weekend break.

I only get a few holidays a year so when I go I need to feel confident I will get what I expect.

Yes Es Vive is a bit expensive, but that does keep out the less undesirable elements, food is great, but there are plenty of other places to eat in the surrounding area.

The decks cool and you can just relax with waitress service, just what you need.

This year we met so many great people of our age 30+ we ended up going out with a lot of them, lots of sharing cigarettes, drinks, lifts, cabs as well as other stuff.

Thanks for this review, am really looking forward to our stay now - 17 days and counting...

You'll have a great time, although it is a really cool place to stay it was the people we met that made it great.

Just to give you an example, on our last day Hed Kandi were playing at Es Vive and a load of people had gone/come back from DC10.

One of the Dwarfs from Manumission was there with his mate, his mate was absolutely wasted on a sun lounger. The dwarf who was called Johnny kept tryng to wake him up by shouting at him.

When that didn't work he hit him hard over the head with a cushion, for about 30 minutes. The bloke didn't even move.

Everyone was in stitches.

Have a great time.

ME said:
The dwarf who was called Johnny kept tryng to wake him up by shouting at him

johnny golden!! :idea:

here is a picture of the most famous dwarf in ibiza (left):

Johnny-Golden-&-friend-@-Am.jpg

Re: Just got back

ME said:

Same for us 8)

ME said:
One of the Dwarfs from Manumission was there with his mate, his mate was absolutely wasted on a sun lounger. The dwarf who was called Johnny kept tryng to wake him up by shouting at him.

When that didn't work he hit him hard over the head with a cushion, for about 30 minutes. The bloke didn't even move.

that is absolutely breathtaking.

i've travelled all over spain and i've stayed in 14th century palaces in medieval towns, 9th century castles on high peaks, paradors that were monasteries, cool modern ac hotels in barcelona, hostals in the mountains and an art nouveau chateau high over san sebastian but the only time i've ever seen sophisticated adult orientated entertainment like a dwarf hitting somebody over the head with a cushion was at belle vue circus in 1964!

We were staying at bog standard apartments about 2 mins down the road from Es Vive so walked past it most days. Have to say there never looked like there was much going on. Seemed a bit over-rated from what I'd heard about it. Sun loungers looked nice but that's about it. Hardly ever heard any music coming from there apart from one day when "Down To Earth" by Curiosity Killed The Cat was being played............oh how cool.......

The location isn't that good either.........on a sh*tty street and set back from the main promenade area. I certainly wouldn't pay their prices to stay there but then we're all different. One of those places where people like to be seen to be seen I think............except nobody really was interested in looking at them!

CraigyBoy said:
We were staying at bog standard apartments about 2 mins down the road from Es Vive so walked past it most days. Have to say there never looked like there was much going on. Seemed a bit over-rated from what I'd heard about it. Sun loungers looked nice but that's about it. Hardly ever heard any music coming from there apart from one day when "Down To Earth" by Curiosity Killed The Cat was being played............oh how cool.......

The location isn't that good either.........on a sh*tty street and set back from the main promenade area. I certainly wouldn't pay their prices to stay there but then we're all different. One of those places where people like to be seen to be seen I think............except nobody really was interested in looking at them!

LOL, have you seen the rooms, bar etc then.

:rolleyes:

Nope, not seen the rooms or bar. Just think that for the prices they charge it could be in a better location really.

I'm a bit cynical when it comes to tw*tty places like that......must be my age!

In my opinion the only thing you need on ibiza is an appartment with seaview and a clean bed. So Jet is the place to stay!

Listen here, Es-Vive: -

- No kids or ordinary folk

- Wicked bar

- Close to town

- Close to Playa d'En Bossa

- Air con

- Satellite TV

- Brilliant food and service

- Great poolside area

- Massage's etc

- Club tickets

If you don't want all those things, go elsewhere - simple :rolleyes: