Overdue Solo Ibiza Trip Review July 10- 25th

Zanzibar is the place i ate the worst kebap in ibz & wont be back there because o this experience.
Black whores, i alway change my path when seeing some & run as fast as i can to let them know i wont be their next bate :D (can't change my minds if i t were blonde/brunette blue/green eyes but not these freaks:confused::arrow::spank:)
Sol house mixed by ibz rock u miss a spot as this is the place i'll go the more i can for ibz 17 with pikes hotel....
from ur ibz trip, add a boat party next time & have a go to blue marlin cala jondal on sunday too (pm me as there is some tricks when they want to refuse people, some contact havent chat with me & couldnt make jamie jones after paradise & spread taxi fare to go there & being turned back :p) & found mates with a car as Taxi cost a lot in ibz...
the guy askin for 50€ for a ride form amnesia to san an must be an italian bloke to want to ripp u off :lol:

Zanzibar is the place i ate the worst kebap in ibz & wont be back there because o this experience.
Black whores, i alway change my path when seeing some & run as fast as i can to let them know i wont be their next bate :D (can't change my minds if i t were blonde/brunette blue/green eyes but not these freaks:confused::arrow::spank:)
Sol house mixed by ibz rock u miss a spot as this is the place i'll go the more i can for ibz 17 with pikes hotel....
from ur ibz trip, add a boat party next time & have a go to blue marlin cala jondal on sunday too (pm me as there is some tricks when they want to refuse people, some contact havent chat with me & couldnt make jamie jones after paradise & spread taxi fare to go there & being turned back :p) & found mates with a car as Taxi cost a lot in ibz...
the guy askin for 50€ for a ride form amnesia to san an must be an italian bloke to want to ripp u off :lol:
You could just call them whores and not "black whores" everyone knows they are black

Tell it to people that get rip off each summer without knowing that they are thieves , i call a cat A CAT & it's not a matter of color its just a fact that not 100% of spotlight know it, so i think its important to give details even if may bother u, but this is an ibz pledge i warn everybody ,even 1 mate getting too wasted, that i saw a black whore in their hotel,when getting of a shower & i get mad :twisted: (they really spot drunken/wasted blokes :confused: so guys, keep an eye of ur mates if hanging in ibiza,in clubs & so on, to face trouble...)
WTF r u doin bro?Have u lost ur minds? It's not Whitney Houston :mad:..10mn later & the flat will be empty ...
So i saved one mate from a black hooker & i'm proud of it :p
yes, always in charge of mates even when they r on the way to commit a lot of bad stuff :lol:

You could just call them whores and not "black whores" everyone knows they are black

I guess I'm to blame as well since I mentioned the race.

Not all the street workers are black tho in Ibiza, but I unfortunately found the ones that were, were the most aggressive and out of the bunch and it made sense later on with the reports of them being hustled to make a min. amount. It sucks they are in this situation. Sorry but I'm just observing what I saw and didn't mean to cause issues!

@FallenangelGparsons here's a pic of the food I had Zanzibar, sucks to hear about your experience but like I said I was surprised!

timg_20160718_035702.jpg

July 18- Es Vedra Boat Tour, Cocoon w/Ricardo Villalobos, Sven Vath, Nina Kraviz, Zip

I got up at a reasonable time since I fell asleep reasonably early the night before. I researched Ibiza Spotlight for a bit and went for Fatso's British Cafe. Also, I was originally supposed to go on the Es Vedra boat cruise on Sunday but I obviously missed it due to my late Saturday night. Fortunately I was able to cancel the ticket, but I still wanted to do it and this being my final week of my trip, it had to be done soon. So along the way to the resto, I stopped by where the various ticket sellers were for the boat cruise and bought a ticket for myself for a cruise leaving at 3 PM this day. I saw the same rep for one of the boat cruise companies from last year and got it from her. I have to say, the competition between these sellers is brutal. They're sorta aggressive with pushing brochures in your face for all the packages they have.

At the resto, I was fortunate to find a special Ibiza edition of DJ Mag at the place lying around and found the menu to have some cheap breakfast grub. You can pick different items off the menu and combine them together. Here's my meal:
timg_20160718_133745.jpg

I thought the food was really good! I don't usually eat beans for breakfast but this trip made me start doing so when it's convenient for me. But I still can't find the exact same flavour of beans as I had on my Ibiza trip so I'm always left feeling disappointed.

I spent like maybe an hour or so here, just flipping though the magazine and enjoying my food. It was hard to flag down my Scottish waitress for my bill though so I had to get up and ask for it. I was getting into a bit of rush as I realized I was spending too much time there and still had to go back to my hotel to get some of my stuff for the boat trip.

Anyways, after packing my bag I reached the boat. There were a fair amount of ppl queuing up to entertimg_20160718_145535.jpg

yes, it was a glass bottom boat. They sold beers on this thing for 3 euros. Along the way to Es Vedra, we did run into a dolphin swimming in front of us which was pretty cool! I remember reading on this forum about dolphins around Ibiza (there's a thread about it somewhere) and it was cool seeing one.

Es Vedra was getting closer to us, we also passed by some beaches like Cale Conte. There were some chillout songs playing from the boat speakers, I felt like it was my collection coming to life. I heard Riders on the Strom (Ibizzare Remix) and Moby - Porcelain. I didn't think Es Vedra was all that, until we started to get mad close to it. It got more impressive then, seeing the structure looming over us. We went around it once and then took a small swim in the sea nearby. Plenty of fishes swimming by, always nice to see.

Getting back on the boat, I bought some beers and I got tipsy enough to start talking to this Japanese woman who was alone on the boat as well. She spoke with me earlier, wondering about the name of the place we were about to see. She was doing a mini europe tour, she was in Hungary I think just before ibiza and this was like her 8th trip apparently! Anyways after the trip was done, we grabbed some drinks nearby at this outdoor bar. It was nice having some company and we exchanged info...she was leaving Thurs. Asked her to come experience Cocoon later that night, but didn't go for it despite me having guestlist. I had a long night ahead of me so went off our own ways and back at my hotel I wanted to sleep before heading out. Yeah it was only like 6 or 7 PM, but the madness from all the other days was catching up to me.

Woke up a few hours later and headed down to Cocoon after some predrinking via a bus. At the front, there's like people drinking there and also more people on the overhead bridge over the highway as well. Talked to a few folks before eventually heading in myself.

Nina Kraviz was on in the main room and the music was instantly great. Very fast, relentless. Like I don't know, I feel Cocoon personfies the whole Ibiza clubbing experience. I really didn't know what to expect from her set as I had heard a lot of mixed things. I didn't properly catch her last year at Cocoon, but this sounded better than that. It was probably one of the best sets I heard this year, but to be fair I kept switching from the terrace to main room. Here's a clip from her set, I was here for this part (not my vid):

She's a bit of a performer when she's on stage and exaggerates what she does but whatever, the music was awesome. Zip was playing in the terrace, and there was considerably less people there and the vibe was slower as he was warming up for Ricardo. I still love the terrace though so I still hung out there.
timg_20160719_014603.jpg

Even though the music wasn't as intense as the main room's, I still like being in that huge area. I did go back to hear the ending of Nina's set and saw Sven come on starting his set, but after that I pretty much just hung out on the terrace for Ricardo's set, as he hasn't been in Canada since like 2014 so was the better option for me, plus I'm a bigger fan of his. Ricardo is just as part of Cocoon as Sven Vath is arguably!

This night become a blur, but I remember running into this one dude from LA in the bathroom all the time and I kept talking to him. He eventually found me later on Facebook too, and I was surprised because I didn't even remember giving him my info! The whole event ended at 6:45 AM, even earlier than last week's Cocoon event. I couldn't trainspot a single tune, but I liked what was being played.

Attachments

• timg_20160718_162322.jpg
    timg_20160718_162322.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 9
u look like a lot the food :D pizza look like eatable but the kebap with reconstructed meat is :mad:
if we met ibz17 we will have time to spend money for food as i ve decided togive up the paying parties for ibiza 17, except the ones with House Dj pionner, dc10 openin/closing , ushuaia openin/closing, space opening closing :p boat parties & afterparties...

Im in Benidorm- it wS the only place unless we travelled to London ( 300) miles we could get a flight to. Ihate it knowing Ibiza is so near yet so far!! Feeling awful!! Guess i should be happy as at least im not in thd UK. Rain doesnt help!!

Just remembered, at Cocoon I saw the hippie guy who ate my spliff at him and I pointed at him in a funny way. I think that guy is a fixture on the island cuz I saw him in a clip of Space closing online.

Oh man Imma try to finish this

@FallenangelGparsons you talked about me missing Sol House Rocks at Rooftop Nine? Well...

July 19th- Jose Padilla @ Rooftop Nine, Ibiza Town bar hopping

Got up late as usual, at around 5 pm, but at least the sleeping issues from the week prior were over. According to messages to my friends, I was planning to go to Cala Salada today...was planning to take the 10 AM ferry but considering how I got back from Cocoon at like close to 7:30 AM when it was all over with, it looks like I missed my alarm and just slept straight through. I was thinking ferry was the only way to get there but I realized there was a bus a few days later that could take me.

I wanted to reach Rooftop Nine by 8, but I had to get something to eat first. I went back to Casa Thai, got my usual Chicken Pad Thai but by the time I actually got it was like around 7:30 PM. This wasn't because of service being slow or anything- it was because it took me forever to straighten myself up and get outta bed to trudge down to this place. This time around the guys there wouldn't make it spicy for me and really wanted me to make it spicy myself using the red thai chilli on the side. It was good that they actually refused to make it spicy because my stomach was feeling iffy from the alcohol last night and it wouldn't have agreed with the spicy food. It tasted good as usual.

It took me a while to finish my meal...when I'm hungover it takes a while to process food the next day. I took a cab to rooftop nine and it took a while to get there because the driver took some alternate way to the area since I flagged her down when her car was going the opposite way to it. I didnt arrive until close to 9:15 PM. I thought the hotel was pretty nice and new. They had a nice mural up on the front and it seemed so much upscale than my hotel. I didn't know where I was exactly going, so I just went up to the highest floor and then I think there was another elevator from there that you had to take to the roof top. I was greeted with a woman singing and playing the guitar and the views were immediately nothing short of great

1.jpg

It didnt' look like Jose had started yet. I saw him walking about. The vibe was very chilled out and it seemed like a classy older crowd was here, a complete 180 from the madness across the bay in the main part of San Antonio. Drinks were cheap here surprisingly, but they only had two bartenders working so it was impossible to get served unless you were aggressive in flagging them down. I thought this was a notch down on the place as they really should hire more staff.

Jose promptly started after the singer was done, which wasn't too long after I arrived. He played pure chillhouse and did acknowledge me a few times as I was like staring at the man in awe. I know Carl Cox was doing his Tuesday thing at Space but this party was the real deal for me, as I am a big fan of the Cafe Del Mar mix comps he compiled. I discovered chillout through them in my high school days and more of the Ibiza music scene.

2.jpg

The flow of the beats was nice but some of the transitions were off. You can find the mix on Mixcloud. It was great hearing him play out though but was hoping it'd be more chillout/ambient. It felt like there were some important people at this party as well, but I couldn't recognize anyone. Eventually when he was done, he signed my CDM mix comps! This was special. He was wondering if I'd come next week to see him play but I told him no, since I was leaving on the 25th.

3.jpg

Sometime during his set, I made a plan to meet up with the lady from yesturday's Es Vedra boat cruise in Ibiza Town at around midnight. I had to walk all the way back to the san an bus stop for the bus to Ibiza town because there were no cabs around or they refused to drive to flat out drive me there.

I met up with her at the McDonald's there (there's only one in Ibiza town by the boardwalk with all the bars) and she was surprisingly looking very dressed up. I didn't expect it. We went to a bar, ordered an overpriced Caeser's which I had to make myself. The super yachts were out in full force too.

4.jpg

We went to another bar after that, one that had leather coaches you can sit on. I got a strawberry cocktail that filled to the brim. It was a bit messy

5.jpg

Not gonna get into too much details, but I had a great time with her and we got cozy somewhat...but not too much. It was good hanging out with her on a quasi date and Ibiza Town was more than perfect for the mature chill vibe I was looking for.

Im in Benidorm- it wS the only place unless we travelled to London ( 300) miles we could get a flight to. Ihate it knowing Ibiza is so near yet so far!! Feeling awful!! Guess i should be happy as at least im not in thd UK. Rain doesnt help!!

Don't worry, we're all suffering away from magic isle. It's raining in toronto too but at least no snow yet

I love it how you take your CD collection away with you:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You kept that chick story quiet:eek: til now

Hmm, I musta told you about it in person when we met? She's a nice lady but also nothing really TOO crazy happened between us to really talk about it so much. It was interesting seeing the OMG reactions from people when we were hanging out because of the differences in our ethnicity LOL.

Hmm, I musta told you about it in person when we met? She's a nice lady but also nothing really TOO crazy happened between us to really talk about it so much. It was interesting seeing the OMG reactions from people when we were hanging out because of the differences in our ethnicity LOL.

Really? That's still a thing!?

Really? That's still a thing!?
Really! Who gives a sh1t?
(you've got the same colour hands ;))

TBH the reaction only came from a small group of 3 girls on the top floor of the bar inside, where the restrooms were. I was just waiting for my ladyfriend to come out from the woman's bathroom, and these girls got all omg when they saw her with me. It made me feel it was cuz of race but I don't really know I guess. We all talked a little bit too after. So yeah, I overstated what I said earlier, as I made it seem like some crazy thing when yeah no one else really cared.

July 20th -First Time Visit to Formentera, Solomon Live in Ibiza Port, Meeting with @diver !, Hyte w/ Caribou, Loco Dice, Robert Hood, Chris Liebing, John Talabot

I set my alarm for like 10 or 10:30 AM to try and finally do Formentera after I got back to my hotel at like 5 AM or so from the night before (told ya guys nothing too crazy happened lol), and yes I did manage to get up. But I was seriously contemplating for more rest as I was feeling so tired, but realized quickly that if I didn't do Formentera today, it was gonna be harder to do it later in my trip because I'd be moving hotels to Es Canar From the 23rd- 25th which would make it harder to get to get there, and also because I had more clubbing events planned that would prevent me from it as well (the usual 'problem' in Ibiza)

I gathered my strength and got ready quickly. The Aquabus was leaving at Noon from Ibiza Town but I had to take the bus to Ibiza town first before anything. I just managed to grab the 10:30 or 10:45 AM bus from the San Antonio bus station. This bus was really busy, standing room only. It was different passing by Amnesia during the daytime I must say, and I realized this was one of the few times I had gotten up early in Ibiza to do something touristy, since I always focus on the nighttime shit!

IMG_20160720_112802.jpg

^^^Nice view of Dalt Villa in the day. Anyways I exchanged my Ibiza Spotlight ticket at a small place by the pier for a real one and went to the McDonald's afterwards to grab a bite to eat. Was considering something else but I wanted to keep things simple and sorta fast as I had like only 30 mins to spare until the boat arrived. Got a Big Mac Meal, but my wifi wasn't working there for some reason.

I saw people lining up outside for the Aquabus boat. There were a lot and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sit, but everything went smoothly as i found a place on the lower deck. The whole boat ride took like 50 mins or so.
I also had a push pedal bike included with my trip, which I was able to exchange for easily when I had arrived at a nearby shop. The bike was banged up, the gears struggled to change at times but it did the work. I didn't like the basket at the back of it though because it was hard to move my leg over it but I think worst of all I shouldn't have taken a helmet as everyone else I saw didn't have one! I thought I seemed pretty dorky having one afterwards, but I was remembering the rules back home where you get fined without a helmet, yes even on a push pedal bike.

IMG_20160720_131815.jpg

I rode up to the general direction of Illetes. I was immediately struck by how serene this place seemed, even with the tourists there. I went to the first beach I saw, it was a smaller one before Illetes. The water was clearer and nicer overall than what I had seen in Ibiza. Took a small swim but decided that there was enough preamble and it was time to get going to Illetes! There were signs and stuff everywhere, andI passed by these lake areas but it seemed like they had another purpose, does anybody know what these are?IMG_20160720_142827.jpg

There were a lot of people when I got to Illetes. I thought it was very nicely shaped and liked this part of it the most. I locked my bike up with my helmet hung on the handle unsecured. I decided to risk this as I didn't know what else to do with the damn helmet, but Formentera seemed rather unimposing so I didn't worry too much. IMG_20160720_164157.jpg

There was a part where it was sandy but still sorta submerged underwater that I liked walking over on. I felt like I was really on vacation on Illetes and I could see why it was ranked so highly amongst beaches in Europe. BUT I liked Llevant way more, which was the beach on the other side of Illetes, as it looked like a way better version of Playa d'en bossa and truly looked Carribean like with the lenghty shoreline and water colour.

IMG_20160720_165746.jpg

It felt so much nicer to me, plus because of Illetes' popularity, there weren't a lot of people at Llevant which added to how much bigger and nicer this beach was. The waves were stronger which was probably another turnoff to folks but I liked bodysurfing with them. The water temp also felt warmer too than Illetes even though both beaches were so close to each other. I spent a lot of time on this beach, just in the water with the waves. I really needed this trip to get a break from the clubbing madness of Ibiza!

I think it was like 4 PM or 5 PM and I wanted to grab something to eat and possibly do a little more exploring before taking the 8 PM boat back to catch Solomon at Ibiza Port, which was a last second event that was added the week before that I was pumped in seeing. I biked down some long way to the resto at the end of Llevant, named Restaurante Tanga. It was pretty expensive, I wanted to try their Paella but they would only make it for min two people. I biked back to La Savina as I was kinda losing time at this point, especially for grabbing something to eat. I *think* I settled on Bellavista Restaurante where I grabbed a Corona and a 4 cheese pizza. It took a bit of time to make and I was gonna miss my boat, so I ate a bit of it and had it to go. WOuld have liked to have sat and eat it in peace but the next boat afterwards was like at 10 PM. The pizza was sorta blah tasting, definately not as good as the pizza at Zanzibar. I basically passed out on the boat, really beat from all the sun and bike riding.

We reached the pier at like 9'ish and I could hear Mr. Solly's beats at the other end of the pier. It wasn't loud at all by the McDonald's area but as soon as you start walking down further to where the stairs go up to the gay street, that's where you could find the stage setup with Solomon playing. This guy was slated to play for 4 hours and my plan was to meet Diver there but I was really so tired and I couldn't bear it. I spotted a new remix of Cafe del Mar, the same one that Luciano played at Cocoon the week before which I still think was the Marcel Janovsky Remix of the track. It was nice to hear such a classic Balearic track outdoors but I couldn't properly enjoy it as I was so tired. All sorts of people came out for this, yes even people brought their dogs! There were paraemedics on stand by as well just in case some one OD'd I guess lol. The crowd was decent for this, lots of room to move around still. Thought maybe they coulda done more production wise (some of Pacha's finest Go Go dancers wouldn't hurt on stage) and the sound was too bassy but I really can't complain too much about a free 4 hour Solomun set that you could bring your own booze to. I saw the videos afterwards and it looks like it really got busy later on.

But yeah I took off pretty much around 930 i think, and took a bus back to San Antonio, completely missing Diver. After a short nap we met up and had some drinks. We were supposed to meet up at Itaca and get drinks there but it was too busy, so we just to Orange Corner instead. They had like a a two drink special going on.

We took a cab to Amnesia and we there close to 2 AM I think, much later than expected. I know I had missed John Talabot who I really wanted to see. He was supposed to start at 11 PM but it turns out he couldn't make his flight which sucked but at the same was good for me as it made me feel less guilty about coming so late. My guestlist worked for us, lady at the front remembered me which is a sign of being on the island for too long lol.

The main room seemed like it was blocked off, so everyone was on the terrace for Caribou performing live. There was a stage setup on the opposite end of the booth and it was a nice new setup for me. IMG_20160721_023140.jpg

Really enjoyed this live electronic rock performance. I really appreciated something new like this, nice seeing an actual band instead of a DJ. Some really nice tracks, i'm not too familiar with their work but I guess should be since they're not based too far from me in Toronto! After their performance, Loco Dice started up on the same stage, but we decided to check out Robert Hood (as Floorplan) in the main room. Good blend of house and techno, he played Floorplan- Tell You No Lie which I managed to ID later on. Was really nice hearing a fun housey set like his, it was completely different from Caribou's music but still was nice to hear. Asides from his set the only other housey music I heard was from Jose Padilla at Sol House and A Man Called Adam at Pikes on my trip.

We made it back to the terrace afterwards where Loco Dice was in full swing. I wasn't really getting into it, despite Loco trying his best to do different things on the decks. It was all tech-house and I guess I"m really over this sound. We still stayed until 5 AM'sih or so before heading back to San Antonio.

IMG_20160721_035501.jpg
^^This was one of my last few shots of Amnesia from this year's trip. It was slowly downing down on me that my trip was heading to a close soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20160720_144912.jpg
    IMG_20160720_144912.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20160721_044552.jpg
    IMG_20160721_044552.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
...cont'd

We parted ways and soon after I decided to take a stroll through the leftover madness on the streets in San Antonio, around the fountain area. That's when I was greeted with some guy asking if I wanted drugs. I said no, and then he tried dancing with me and I quickly knew he was trying to pickpocket me based on last year's trip. I moved away from him and said I didnt' want to dance with him. He yelled out "why bro, why!" I wanted to accuse him of being a thief but he was there with a group of people and I didnt' want to start shit. I wanted to walk around more, but this incident left me kinda on edge and it didn't seem safe anymore to wander around. I guess everything was closed at 3 AM anyways.

July 21st- Cala Salada, Afterlife Week 3 ToU, Mano Le Tough, Mind Against

Might post up some pics later for the rest of the trip but they take too long

When I got back to the hotel after walking around the San Antonio area, I remembered my ladyfriend was leaving in the morning and decided to have a quick chat with her before she left over the phone in my room. I was feeling a bit sentimental with her leaving. We talked while she was on the way to the airport and I was even thinking of meeting her there too, but I pulled my myself together and thought maybe the chat was enough. It sucked she was leaving but it comes with the terrirtory of doing a super long trip- you meet people and then they leave in the middle of your trip and you get that yucky reminder of you having to go home soon too. I *only* had 4 days left.

I slept for a really long time afterwards, didn't get up until 4 or 5'ish. Weather was good, decided to check out Cala Salada. There was a bus leaving for it every 10 mins at the San An bus station. I got there maybe around 6 or so after a short trip though a forested area...still thought there was enough sun outside and the weather was good to justify such a late trip. My first impressions were that it was a nice beach, although I didn't like how rocky it was. But I went ever to the Saladita side and it was sandy there. I took the hard way to get there, I didn't take the upstairs hill to get over to the other side but rather the risky way on the rocky platforms below. It was a bit dangerous as one wrong move could spell demise.

I spent most of time there, drinking a few cans of beers and swam around as well. The water temperature was nice, thought it was very comfortably warm, so that when you exit the water you don't feel that cold. Nothing eventful really happened. I felt safe enough there to leave my bag unattended on the beach as I would check on it periodically from the sea.

I was supposed to meet @diver again at 10 PM or so at the San An bus station to head down to Space. But I arrived a bit later than usual because I had to eat and stuff before heading out and it took me some time getting ready. David August was supposed to be doing the live portion at the Sunset Terrace before Midnight. But fortunately David August cancelled last second so we didn't miss him, as we were gonna arrive there like at 1130 or so. Made me feel okay coming late, but I did leave @diver hanging for a while. Some girl vomited in the bus on the way to PDB, she moved up to the front of the bus to do it, so it wasn't all that bad but this was just foreshadowing for Space.

We entered Space after like a 5 min wait to get inside. I had guestlist but the wristbands they were giving out were the same price (at the time I thought cheaper) so I took them for insurance. The security did question my bulging pockets but all I had were my phone and travel wallet. They wanted to check briefly probably cuz they wanna make sure I didn't have weapons. It was one of the rare times I've been questioned at the door for this kind of thing at any of the Ibiza clubs.

Mind Against was on but I had to use the bathroom. As I was done washing my hands, some guy comes rushing in and throws up all over the mirror and sink area right next time and some of his vomit got on me ugggh. The cleaning maids inside took mercy on my soul and cleaned me up a bit. I had my Fly shirt on so found it especially curious someone threw up on it!

The crowd situation was similar to week 2's but I found the terrace even more rammed than last week. Thugf***er was on the Sunset terrace and some others in the Chamber. These rooms were not as busy but easy to move around in. Diver left a bit earlier than me, sometime around Mano's set. When Mano started a couple of gogo dancers (or so I thought) got up on platforms and crossed their wrists around their waist area and stood motionless there before moving off. It seemed like they were gonna dance but they didn't and felt this was done on purpose to mock the idea of the Ibiza spectacle. I recognized Petar Dundov- The Lattice (Frank Wiedemann) being played, also heard it on the sunset terrace too. both rooms were playing slower melodic techno sounds.

Thugf***er played the same uplifting track from last week's Luciano set from Cocoon, and wrote down on a flyer, asking him what it was when I went up to the DJ booth. I couldn't use my phone becuase the batteries were dead. He didnt' anwer me then, but I basically ended up staying in this room for a while because it was easier to dance in and the music was still good. It ended maybe around 5:30 or so with some disco house.

One of the more interesting parts of the trip occured after he was done his set as we ended up having a conversation in the sunset terrace while the staff was cleaning it up. At one point it completely shut down and it was just us talking there and security didn't mind. He really liked Justin Trudeau and Canada and was wondering how my job was. He didn't know the track ID of the song he played earlier but I mentioned to him Luciano played it and he thought it was probably an old song as Luciano is also "an old DJ" like himself according to him. We spoke about many things and thought it was cool to be having a talk with him. I heard North Star by ToU spilling out from the terrace to the sunset terrace as we spoke.

I went back to the terrace after to catch the last 45 mins or so of Tale of Us's set. They played a sample of Age of Love, and played some older classic type of ibiza tracks whose names escape me at the moment. They finished off with Mano Le Tough- Primitive People (Tale of Us remix) as their very last track. Thought it was a cool moment, love hearing the horns on a big speaker system. The night overall was cool, but I had a lot on my mind so i couldnt fully enjoy.

Back