Over ramming clubs!

• Thread starter Diehard_clubber [Si]
  • Start date
D

Diehard_clubber [Si]

Cream had over 7000 people in it for Radio 1 night.

How can clubs get away with this? Not only do they break health and safety laws it ruined what would of been an amazing night for me! But how can u enjoy it if u can't dance for being constantly pushed around by beer boys?

Plain greed, the club must of taken at least £800k that night.

it was rammed, but amnesia are notorious for over packing -esp cream nights. Sure they got warned a couple of years ago! -Guess the fine cant be that much -in comparison to what they rake in

I was there. Sure it was rammed but it wasn't that bad no more than last year.

I've been in the courtyard and gatecrasher when it has been worse.

Amnesia capacity is around 7000 but have you ever heard of an Ibizan club owner worrying that he's let too many peeps through his doors or one who gives 2 hoots regarding health and safety!?
To be honest I dont think it's that different from over here where a 700 capacity club lets 800 through it's doors. It's just on a bigger scale.

Diehard_clubber [Si said:
]Cream had over 7000 people in it for Radio 1 night.

How can clubs get away with this? Not only do they break health and safety laws it ruined what would of been an amazing night for me! But how can u enjoy it if u can't dance for being constantly pushed around by beer boys?

you sound surprised.

Yeah, same thing happened last year during the MTV Paul Van Dyk/Tiesto party. I tell everyone to be careful especially at Cream Amnesia because it's more overpacked than any other club in the world, I think. Isn't the cap only 4000 there???

2001 was prob the most packed ive seen. I was way to hammered to have the rammed-ness bother me this year

maths ain't my strong point but how did Cream make £800K

E45 x 7000 = 315000 and thats assuming that everyone paid - which CLEARLY they don't

where does the rest of the money come from...

oh hang on... if they take any bar takings at TEN EUROS A FREAKING DRINK I'M NOT SURPRISED!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

so if everyone bought 3 drinks say... 7000 x 3 = 21000 x 10 = 210000

210000 + 315000 = 525000

minus any money paid to DJs...

erm... no it still doesn't add up to that much :?:

I am crap at maths though!

must have made a lot on the back of merchandising, marketing tie in's, promotions, sponsors, etc

I thought I was gonna get crushed when Oakie was on! Was better a bit later on though, think loads of people left because it was too crammed. There was also something squishy & smelly coming out of the drains in amnesia!!

sure that wasnt the acid kicking in? :lol:

U from liverpool? where abouts? I met about 20 people from liverpool in Ibiza this year -even a girl who lives 5mins from my house!

I was there at Cream on Radio 1 nite. I thought it was a good nite. The club was packed but we somehow managed to find abit of room to dance so wasnt too bad. The Music was awesome, I reckon Oakenfold was the the best. I loved it when he played Coldplay-Clocks it was totally out of the blue and the crowd loved it. Anyone else who was there think the same?

Motorcycle - When the rush comes was the best tune of the night by a mile.

Oakie was better before he went on the EM.

Nish - Were you on the space terrace on Sunday? We are are from Liverpool and were there and talking to some girls and from L'pool as well.

I'm from Crosby. Was there same time as you aswell - 2nd to 10th. Was chatting to everyone, totally off it!! Seemed to be loads of scoucers there though! Was at Space Terrace on the Sunday too!
There was deffo something coming up from the drains though I wasn't just trippin on that one!

Back