Our pre-wedding March review!

sweet sensation

I love Ibiza out of season :D This was the 2nd long w.e that we have been out of season and its completely different. I dont want to say winter cos I dont think it is! It was 25 degrees on the saturday thats not winter lol! We had a bit of cloud the other days but when the sun was out it was warm and on the monday (our extra free night lol) we had a bit of rain.

After a very long journey from Manchester via London via Barcelona we finally got to Ibiza about 6pm on Friday 23rd March.

We just chilled out on the friday as it was a long journey, leaving our house at 5.30am!!! we had a nice time in barcelona and just sat in this square eating gazpacho and fish and drinking rose and had a wonder round the market! We are going to have to go for a w.e to barcelona one day as a few hours just isnt enough time! We got to ibiza about 6pm but had such a hassle getting the hire car we didnt get to our mates apartment till 7.30pm (ok it was via an alcohol and supplies stop) it was cheap tho so we couldnt complain! We then discovered that the key didnt work in the lock, so we were stuck out of the apartment! Thankfully a mate on the island had a spare so he came out to let us in!! We were knackered when we finally sat down! They really should sort something out with the flights :rolleyes:

On Saturday we met Gypsy (our wedding photographer) in Vara Da Rey and sorted out what sort of pics we want, shes wicked Gypsy really laid back. While we were there I think we must have had about 5 lighters put on our table with little notes saying that they are poor with no food or anything! One of them had a very good quality leather jacket on and they all seemed to have computers and printers hmmmm :rolleyes: !! We then wondered down to Figueretes and had some rose and food sitting in the hot sun - I love it there. Pauly was driving so I had most of the bottle of rose to myself!

We then went on a mission to find George (our wedding hairdresser), she lives in Dalt Villa and for some reason we had never been there before (well only to the castle). I was a bit pissed after drinking all that rose and I think I rambled on about all sorts! She did my hair ace and suggested a few things and she also did Paulys hair. We were there for a few hours and talked about all sorts!

We went back to the apartment and carried on drinking and had some food, cant remember what lol and got ready to go out in the West End in San An!! Never thought I would here myself say that! Chris the guy who lives in the villa we've rented for our wedding picked us up and we went round a few bars in San An! We were absolutely leathered!! We went to one bar and they were playing some ace electro and minimal music so me and pauly danced around like fools and did our silly dance that we do!! :rolleyes: :oops: I think we entertained the whole bar!!!! :lol: We left there at 7am as we had our wedding food tasting the next day.

Woke up on Sunday not realising what time it was as the clocks went forward! I think we were still a bit drunk! Went to Vickkis office, which was over looking Savanahs, very nice! OMG had the nicest food ever! First we got served some strawberry cava sangria which is my new favourite drink :) then she had laid all the table out like she would for the wedding and we sat on the balcony looking out to sea and being waited on hand and foot! We had tapas to start with loads of nice stuff like prawns, choriza, asparagus, manchego cheese, olives, hummus etc and we also had a bottle of Vina Sol and more sangria! We then had the bbq food which was just gorgeous, chicken wrapped in serrano ham stuffed with sundried tomatoes, homemade burgers stuffed with cheese, roast potatoes with rosemary, lamb cutlets and loads of salads! Vickki has a michelin star chef and even tho Ive never had michelin food before you couldnt half tell! Then the dessert was heart shaped chocolate brownies, lemon and vanilla cheesecake with berries and creme fraiche. We were just in heaven and didnt expect what we had at all, we thought that we would just get to try a few bits, but we had a full on 3 course meal with wine and cava! we didnt need to eat for the rest of the day and it sorted us out from the night before! I even got offered a job, so moving to Ibiza is looking more promising :D

We went to La Torre after the tasting thank you to sandi for recommending it to me :D we went there to sort out our suite for the friday before we get the villa and they got us to wait for 10mins while they sorted payment. We sat outside overlooking the sea, (the view is amazing) watching the sunset and they had this really nice music on. This one song came on and I got all emotional so I said to Pauly 'I feel really emotional' and he said 'So am I'! I started crying cos I was so overwhelmed and happy, I couldnt control myself! :oops: :) It was such a special moment that I will remember forever :) We are now on a mission to find the song! We got back to the flat and then went for a walk along the beach from where we were staying to the villa, it was really nice and we timed it with the sunset :D living in Ibiza would deffo keep you fit! We stopped at the villa for a bit and had a few drinks and watched british tv lol, how sad!! :oops: :rolleyes:

The next day we packed to go home :cry: and had another stop at the villa during the day and went to the Cala Gracionetta to check out how we were going to have the ceremony, I think it finally started sinking in! :eek: :D Went in a mad rush to the airport only to find that our connecting flight from Madrid had been cancelled as the season had changed the day before and Iberia were no longer flying direct to Manchester! :eek: :confused: :x After a load of hassle and queuing to sort it out and getting a very unhelpful woman we had to wait for this guy to sort it for us! Thankfully he rearranged it at no extra charge for the next day, we should have paid as it was partly our fault cos we were meant to ring up and sort out a schedule change, but we blagged it lol! As we had given the car back we got Chris' mate Kelly to pick us up and take us to the villa, so via a supermarket for some stock we went to the villa and chilled out on the terrazza :D drinking our home made cava sangria! Kelly cooked us a lovely meal later on and we stayed the night at the villa, so it was no great hardship having to stay an extra day! :lol:

The next day we got a lift to the airport and our flights were still running (gutted lol) so we set off on our journey home :cry: I bought the pacha perfume at the airport as Id sprayed it on me last year and fell in love with it, its gorgeous! We got delayed by 2hrs in london so didnt get home till 10.30pm, over 9hrs of travelling! :eek: :eek: :eek: They really need to sort out direct flights!

All in all a brilliant 5 days and I want to go back now!!!!!! :D :D

I hope you enjoyed my min out of season review!

Nice review I like hearing about Ibiza at different times of the year - really makes me want to live there, which I can see is on the top of your mind as well :)

What do you think you would work as if you lived in Ibiza if you dont mind me asking?

All the food sounds delish! Sounds like its going to be a lovely day :lol:

Wow that all sounds amazing - my mouth's watering at the food!
You're wedding is going to be beautiful - are you getting married on the beach and having the reception in the villa?
I hope it all goes fantastically for you.

Nice review I like hearing about Ibiza at different times of the year - really makes me want to live there, which I can see is on the top of your mind as well :)

What do you think you would work as if you lived in Ibiza if you dont mind me asking?

All the food sounds delish! Sounds like its going to be a lovely day :lol:

Well my main ambition is to be an interior designer, Im currently studying a course part time so will take a few years to get qualified! But the caterers have said that when I move there they will give me work as they are always really busy, so I would do that in the meantime.

Ive also considered teaching english as a foreign language. I could never work in a bar!!!

Wow that all sounds amazing - my mouth's watering at the food!
You're wedding is going to be beautiful - are you getting married on the beach and having the reception in the villa?
I hope it all goes fantastically for you.

Aww thanks :D the food was gorgeous, Ive never had anything like it in my life! Deffo worth the money :D

Yeah we are getting married on Cala Gracionetta and have Los Arcos as our villa (its a friend of a friends villa, so that was handy lol!) :D

Im getting excited now, I have been ****ting myself!! :eek: :lol:

Great Review really enjoyed reading it and it brought back many memories of arranging our Ibiza Wedding....... Gypsy and Viccki are great aren't they.
No worries on the La Torre recommendation, did you meet Pedro and teressa? There is one piece of music he plays at sunset that always gets me welling up too, I'll have a look on my ipod and post the name.... I'm sure it will be the one. ;)

The song I'm thinking of is called Mumbai theme tune, by A R Rahman and it's on Cafe Del Mar vol 5. Prob isn't the one but worth a shot?

Wow the food sounds fab - please can I come and be a guest at your wedding....

Also - have you got the recipe for the pink cava sangria - I normally cant stomache sangria cos I cant drink red wine and it just looks wrong with white wine.....

I have gotten all excited for you chick!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow the food sounds fab - please can I come and be a guest at your wedding....

Also - have you got the recipe for the pink cava sangria - I normally cant stomache sangria cos I cant drink red wine and it just looks wrong with white wine.....

I have gotten all excited for you chick!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

smart arse answer alert!

use a bottle of rosé cava instead of red wine;) :lol:

Dear Smart arse - I dont drink Sangria so other than fruit , red stuff and a wooden stirry thing - I dont have a scooby what's in it...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1) chop up some citrus fruit. a lemon, lime, orange, etc
2) chuck chopped up fruit in a jug and pour in a healthy measure of brandy (like half a pint or so)
3) add 2 big tablespoons of sugar
3) stir
4) add about 1 litre or so of lemonade, soda or any another mixer that you think will work
5) leave it for half an hour or so
6) have a smoke
7) add some ice
8) pop open your cold rosé cava and add it all to the jug
9) the bottom half of the jug should be one colour and the fruit/ice should provide a barrier to stop the rosé getting into the bottom half. so there should be two distinct colours!
10) impress your guests with the creation, stir the motherfunker..........and then pour!

:D :D :D

1) chop up some citrus fruit. a lemon, lime, orange, etc
2) chuck chopped up fruit in a jug and pour in a healthy measure of brandy (like half a pint or so)
3) add 2 big tablespoons of sugar
3) stir
4) add about 1 litre or so of lemonade, soda or any another mixer that you think will work
5) leave it for half an hour or so
6) have a smoke
7) add some ice
8) pop open your cold rosé cava and add it all to the jug
9) the bottom half of the jug should be one colour and the fruit/ice should provide a barrier to stop the rosé getting into the bottom half. so there should be two distinct colours!
10) impress your guests with the creation, stir the motherfunker..........and then pour!

:D :D :D

Y'see - how else would I have known there was friggin Brandy in it or Sugar for that matter!!!!!!!

Thanks El G

Great Review really enjoyed reading it and it brought back many memories of arranging our Ibiza Wedding....... Gypsy and Viccki are great aren't they.
No worries on the La Torre recommendation, did you meet Pedro and teressa? There is one piece of music he plays at sunset that always gets me welling up too, I'll have a look on my ipod and post the name.... I'm sure it will be the one. ;)

awww cheers :D yeah gypsy and vickki are ace, really helpful :)

I think we met pedro and teressa, dead nice errr swedish couple? :?:

we know the name of the song, we made it our mission to find out what is was before we left! its one mississippi, cant remember who is by, but its on cafe del mar 13, ace tune! :D

Im going to get those cafe del mar cds cos Ive heard a few and they sound great :D bring on the chill! :lol:

aww cheers grego and puppylover :D Im bloody stressed with it all at the mo tho :eek: :confused:

thats an impressive recipe for the sangria, but vickkis was more simple. it was:

frexienet (sp) cava
brandy
sprite - a splash
fresh strawberries

I think you need to get a faily decent brandy tho for it to taste nice. we got a reasonably priced one from a supermarket in ibiza, but it didnt taste as nice :(

aww cheers grego and puppylover :D Im bloody stressed with it all at the mo tho :eek: :confused:

thats an impressive recipe for the sangria, but vickkis was more simple. it was:

frexienet (sp) cava
brandy
sprite - a splash
fresh strawberries

I think you need to get a faily decent brandy tho for it to taste nice. we got a reasonably priced one from a supermarket in ibiza, but it didnt taste as nice :(

That's not sangria, sagria needs wine and orange, not sprite, and lots more fruit. I'm sure it tastes very nice, but you can't call it sangria. And grego, same with your pink cava ;)

That's not sangria, sagria needs wine and orange, not sprite, and lots more fruit. I'm sure it tastes very nice, but you can't call it sangria. And grego, same with your pink cava ;)

i never said mine was sangria, i just provided a recipe!;)

true :oops: anyway, you said it's sangria changing wine for pink cava... but you use Lemonade!!! It's orange, orange juice, fanta naranja or whatever you want as long as it's orange :lol:

Lol I didnt name it, the caterers did!!! :rolleyes: I couldnt give a sh*te what its called, its tasted nice and thats all that matters!! :lol:

true :oops: anyway, you said it's sangria changing wine for pink cava... but you use Lemonade!!! It's orange, orange juice, fanta naranja or whatever you want as long as it's orange :lol:

:lol: :lol: i sometimes use lemondade and sometimes i use orange or both!

but i use lemonade not fanta lemon, so that's limonada sí?;) :lol:

Back