one island - one love. nostrum's july 2006 ibiza review

stivi

Pheeew…I took me quite a while to write it all down, but here it is (rolling drums please):

One Island – One Love
Nostrum’s 2006 Ibiza Review
July 08 – July 29

(Printout and home-reading suggested)

Intro

My 5th trip to ibiza. Like for most of you, winter had been long. Way too long. Well, in a way I can’t complain, I can go skiing almost every weekend from december until april, but on the other hand, jobwise wintertime is extremely stressing for me and snow is the only real thing I appreciate about wintertime. I hate those short days and long, dark nights and I’m always the happiest person when daylight saving time comes back. So, to say it short – and again: like for most of you – waiting for another summer and especially waiting for another ibiza-holiday has been very, very long.

So when the forum got much livelier again and I booked flights, accomodation and car, I was very happy and excited. This was in april. But then, something strange happened. The nearer the day came, the less nervous I was. Of course, I did all this pre-ibiza shopping and was thinking about ibiza mostly 24/7, but in a way I guess i didn’t realise then that I was really going back to ibiza…going back to my favourite island, going back to a place I deeply fell in love with when I first went there only two years ago.
Only the day before I left my homecountry I began to sense it: yes, tomorrow I will fly to ibiza…

As I have had always and only perfect holidays in ibiza so far, my expectations for this trip were big of course.

Now if you really want to know if my expectations were fulfilled and want to know the whole story, I think you might print out my review and read it all, once when your being comfy ;) - have fun reading.

Saturday, july 8 – the arrival

I got up quite early at home. My girlfriend natascha had stayed at my place overnight, but had to leave early because she was invited to go to a wedding. And she still had to work 10 more days before also she could fly down to ibiza to join me for my last part of my stay. Saying goodbye wasn’t that easy. We knew we would meet in ibiza again, which was cool, of course – but I could already go and she had to stay and work some more…but we both did well at last.

I packed all my stuff together (well, you need quite a lot of clothes when you’re going to ibiza for 3 weeks!), had breakfast in between and soon got a “cab ride” (courtesy of my mum ;) ) to bern airport. Our airport is really a small one and the good thing about this is the fact that you needn’t to be there early. Half an hour prior to departure is enough, check-in your stuff, walk through the passport control, have a drink, walk over the tarmac and board your plane…
Unfortunately, this time my flight was slightly delayed, so I still had to wait a bit. After about half an hour, we could board the plane and left swiss ground at exactly 1pm. It’s a good feeling to be on the right plane!
The flight was quiet and very relaxing. Good weather en route (this definitely does matter if you’re flying on a turboprop-machine and because of this you don’t fly as high as the jet machines do) and short before 3pm, I could spot ibiza through my window. We landed at 3pm and I could finally set my feet on ibizan ground again. I know, many people have said it before and I will just repeat myself, but: it feels like coming home! :D
Weather was perfect at my arrival – cloudless sky, about 30°C and slight wind. Just perfect conditions. And to avoid repeating prior sentence: weather stayed like this for almost the whole 3 weeks – exceptions mentionned.

My bags were delivered quickly and after passing the customs, also the girls at centauro (the company i always rent my car from) worked fast, so I soon sat in a small but very reliable dark red ford “ka”.

I drove directly to sant jordi – more exactly to playa d’en bossa – and passed by space. Matinée opening party seemed to be still on, but for me, matinée had to wait. Finally, I met our frankfurt-based spotlight babe Judith, who was sitting in a café and was impatiently waiting for my arrival. She had arrived in the morning hours of the same day and so had already catched the first sunrays. Meeting judith again was a very cool and emotional moment – we had first met in ibiza last september (after chatting on this very forum), had some wicked parties during that stay, then met again (together with natascha) in frankfurt for NYE at cocoonclub and now meeting in ibiza was possibly the best we both could think about 8)

Together, we drove to our “home” for the next weeks – the known and well-tested Garbi in PDB. Originally, the plan was to hire a nice appartement/house with a pool and in the beginning everything looked fine, we were planning to go 6 people. But when I had the offers, people began to step back and at the end we weren’t enough people left so an appartement/house didn’t make much sense anymore. we ended up booking garbi again, I had always been comfy there and the prices are very reasonable IMO.

After unpacking our stuff, buying some food and drinks at the supermercado just next to garbi and having a proper welcome drink, we decided our bodies needed some “stretching and moving” :lol: after our voyage – so we walked to bora bora. We arrived there at about 5pm and the place was in full swing! Probably matinée opening bash had finished now, because It seemed that many people came directly from space and there was also this big matinée flag hanging at bora bora which normally is hanging behind the dj’s on the new terrace at space. The music was quite funky and spiced with lots of well-known tunes, also much stuff from past seasons. Great vibe! We both thought it was a perfect takeoff for our holiday and just enjoyed dancing in the sunshine, having a drink (errr…some, not just one :oops: :twisted:) and smiling permanently!

Later, when we got hungry, we walked back to our hotel, where we had dinner from the buffet. Then relaxed a bit in our room and on our lovely balcony. I am here. I am back. I’m in ibiza. And I have plenty of time here! :D

When it got dark, we took a walk through PDB and stopped at tantra bar, where we watched the second halftime of the “small final” of the footie worldcup, germany vs. portugal. Of course, judith and many other germans there were very happy to see their team winning and I also thought they deserved 3rd place!
The boys and girls at tantra are practically the same as the previous years and not only did I recognise them – some of ‘em also still knew who I am. We bought our tickets for the first few parties for the following days.

But what to do on a Saturday night in ibiza? First, we were thinking about going either to space (where we had been giving free passes for georgeous/balearic people) or to privilege (where we also were in possession of free passes for “silicon”), but as we got slightly tired, we decided to have a quiet first night and went back to garbi, where we sat on our balcony and talked about everything (including mucho spotlight chat ;) ) till about 2am and then went sleeping.

Sunday, july 9 – just an ordinary Sunday?

We woke up at about 8:30am after having a really good night’s sleep (although the beds at garbi are waaaaay to soft for my liking). We had breakfast at garbi – nothing special as some of you have experienced as well, but still ok IMO, you always find something you like.

Then we spent some hours on the beach just in front of garbi. It’s so good to be back!!! Working on our tans (well you couldn’t call it a tan at that point), relaxing, watching the planes flying in or out (always depending of the wind direction of course) and just realising we’re back where we belong! 8)

I got hungry by noon time so i had some pasta at the beach restaurant and also judith had a snack. Then we went back to our room and got ourselves ready and in the mood for our first space session in 2006! :twisted:

But before we went to space, we met Diana and Ronny at bora bora, two friends of mine from switzerland, who also had arrived yesterday but were staying in san antonio. But they were wise and also had a rental car. Together, we went to get tickets for judith, diana & ronny for space (I had bought mine online here though!) and finally hit space at about 3:30pm. The queue wasn’t that long and the guestlist thingy with my online ticket worked very well!

So we were finally back at space for our first “we love” Sunday of this season :D On sunset terrace, sin plomo had just finished and jon(athan) ulysses – master of the sunset terrace IMO – took over. He played a pumping set, a bit faster and a bit less melodic than in previous years, a bit harder than the usual Sunday afternoon terrace groove. But still, it was a great set and still it included hit-stuff like “hugs & kisses” by criss source, “hands up for detroit” by fedde le grand “walking away vs. love don’t let me go by the egg/david guetta. Then he also threw “café del mar” by energy52 which took me to another level and blew it all up when he finished his 3 hour set with “knights of jaguar” by rolando. Pheeew!!! What a start!!! :p We all had a blast during the afternoon and really enjoyed it!

Some of you might already know I’m half italian. If you look at pictures of me, you will soon realise I don’t look like an italian though. And most of the people I know say I don’t act like being italian (with the exception of looking at women too much, right Judith? ;) ) I won’t go into discussions now about italians or about being an italian or whatever, but I am really feeling as being both – a swiss guy and an italian ragazzo. So, obviously my heart beats also for the squadra azzurra, the italian football team. And it was the evening of the world cup final…which I didn’t want to miss!

So we used our pass-outs some time before 7pm. Walked back to garbi, had dinner there, relaxed for a while and then the footie worldcup final game between italy and france was on the menue!
We watched the first half at garbi and during the halftime break, we decided to stroll through PDB. We ended up at tantra bar again, where we watched the second halftime, the overtime and the penalty shootout. After italy had won, all italians at tantra and generally everywhere absolutely went loco and you all know how this looks like – people dancing everyhwere, singing, blowing horns, stopping cars and all that. Forza italia! :lol:

For judith and me, it was time to go back to space! We were there at about 11pm. First, we went to the new terrace, where paul woolford was playing. before leaving I had read various posts about him, quite some negative ones concerning him playing at peak time, but I thought I’d give it a chance. But to me, the critics were correct. The sound he played was too flat, to electro-y – just not the sound (most) people seem to want at that place, day and time.
Back to sunset terrace then, where we danced to the last few tunes of tom novy. He closed with two classics which were class IMO: first, he threw “everybody’s free” by rozalla and then “you’re free (…to be what you want to be)”…I’m not sure – is this not one of his own tunes? I don’t remember. But the terrace mob loved it and so did we!

After the sound on sunset terrace had been turned off, we went upstairs to premier étage for a bit of fresh air and a break. And it was there, where judith and I met our famous and mighty spotlight doctor, mike (dr mick). We chatted there for a while and when diana and ronny also came back from their pass-out break, we went back to new terrace while dr mick went to caja roja with his friends. Woolford finished when we got back there (1am) and I was super-curious about james zabiela & nic fanciulli, who were on next, playing a back 2 back set. all I can say is: WOW!!! They both were definitely up for it and almost tore the roof of the new terrace off. The sound system there is great – you all know that – and so was the music delivered by the two guys. They also played some electro-y stuff, but in general, they played much more pumping stuff and much more varied stuff than woolford did before. They also played “rej” by âme and judith went nuts :twisted: …she’s absolutely addicted to this one. The rest of the set was much “louder” though than “rej”, more upfront, pumping and driving. I loved it!

Knowing that our holiday had just begun and that a long Monday was before us, we played the reasonable ones and left at some time past 3am. We walked home and soon went to bed. I fell asleep with many happy feelings, 1. italia winning the worldcup, 2. being back here, 3. being back at “we love” which is still a great way to spend a Sunday and 4. looking very much forward to having a dirty Monday! :twisted:

Monday, july 10 – craziness begins!

We got up at about 9am and hit the beach in front of our hotel after having breakfast. We both were already VERY much looking forward to what would come later that day.

But first, we enjoyed the sea (no yellyfish at PDB), the sun (cloudless sky) and just lying on a sandy beach…and talking to the ticket sellers on the beach :)roll: :x).

Then, at about 2pm, we thought we’d finally get ourselves ready for some serious business and at 3:15pm we were already on the terrace of dc10! 8)
At first, it really wasn’t crowded and there was still much space to dance. Clive henry was playing great stuff while we bumped into dr mick again! It was cool to throw some shapes with you, mate and we also had soon been informed by the german forum investigators that you posted the pic you had taken of us there ;)

Musicwise, it was a „ladies afternoon“ – because after clive henry, it was vera’s turn, then dinky (GREAT I say), after her magda and tania vulcano ended the ladies session with the best set I’ve ever heard of her (wasn’t a fan of her still last year)!!!

Of course the terrace stayed alive after the ladies (at about 8pm), because loco dice took care of and dropped his own “seeing through shadows” as opener. I just love that track.
During the afternoon/early evening, also “falling up” from theo parrish was thrown and when I once went inside to cool down for a few minutes, “domino” from oxia was played, one of my favourites at the moment. Don’t ask me about who was playing inside, because I never really care about dc10 inside. It’s the terrace what we all love, isn’t it?
In the afternoon, we also met various cool people – three damn fit looking ladies from austria, for example. Yes, one of them looked way older than the two other ones (still really fit though!), but I was shocked when we found out the older one was the mother of one of the younger ones!!! My god! :eek: And when you took a closer look at them, you could quite easily see they’re mother and daughter (the second young one was a friend of the daughter). Pheew, I couldn’t imagine my mum or dad taking me to such a place :lol: We also met some german speaking spotlight members – tobias and the fitty “boeses-bienchen”. Cool to meet you guys!

One note about how crowded it was: from 5pm, the terrace seriously filled up and after 7pm moving wasn’t easy anymore. seems like everybody wants to make the circoloco experience these days (not taking myself out of this, my first dc10 session was only 2005).

All in all it was a really great session we had at dc10 (and yes, my hat was a cool tool to bring there).
We left the circus of locos at about 10pm, drove back to PDB, had a fast food snack and relaxed for a while in our room. Ah and I had my first café solo and icecream of this year’s ibiza holiday ;)

When time had come and we were ready to go again, we drove to amnesia to catch one of my fave ibiza nights – cocoon!
Richie hawtin played in the main room when we arrived at about 1:30am. Straightforward, driving minimal techno sounds; typical hawtin style. While he played, the main floor filled up quickly and ronny & diana found the way to amnesia as well! Needless to say we four sticked together for the rest of the night!
At 3:30am sven väth dropped his first track and by then the main floor was rammed, as rammed as at cream parties in other years!!!
The atmosphere was great, the music was briliant and amnesia’s ice-cannon is still hot…errr…cool! Sven played lots of this so-called “neo trance” stuff such as “titelheld” by extrawelt (massive!!!), but also spiced his stew with herbs like “this is sick” by solid groove (dated, I know, but he seems to love it because he plays it still a lot). The music in the main room was so good I only went to the terrace two times for 5mins each. Ricardo villalobos and ricardo were doing a great job as always, but that night, I needed some harder and faster stuff and so I went back to the main room, which stayed packed till the end.

When the music stopped at 7am, everyone wanted to stay inside amnesia first and everyone was asking around where the afterparty was…but first, no-one had any information. Only when we got outside, we spotted that some people were wearing green wristbands (not the ones from the space-afterhours) and we immediately tried to get some as well, but we had no luck :( i’m not sure, but i think they began giving them away upstairs in the vip section and then maybe on the terrace and that just was it.
Of course, we could have taken the other wristbands (the ones the people working for space were giving away), but we didn’t feel like going to space.
We were quite pissed about the situation: we knew there IS an afterparty, we even knew
WHERE it was, but we didn’t have these damned wristbands!

We decided to drive home for a while and so we did.

Tuesday, july 11 - errr….

Sooo…we were back at garbi (at around 8am), but didn’t feel like sleeping at all. I had breakfast while judith relaxed for a while and then we decided to go searching for the cocoon afterparty and see if there’s really no chance to get in.
We drove to “racó des pins” (well, first we had to find this, but after a while we did) which is somewhere in the port d’es torrent / cala bassa area. It’s the same location where they had held the afterparty after their 2006 ibiza opening party. But today, it was a different thing – they were having a private party with around 150-200 persons and they were absolutely strict: who wears a wristband gets in, who doesn’t stays out. So we had to bury our hopes…as well as many other people who arrived without bracelet. That was a bit of a frustrating moment: we had been at the party during the night, we knew there is an afterparty, we knew the way, we were even there and you could hear the basslines…but we couldn’t get in! :x :evil: :cry:

When we realised it didn’t make any sense to stay there and wait for a wonder to come, we thought we just make the best out of it, left and decided to drive to cala salada. On the way, we took a french autostopping guy with us for a few kilometers. He had been at the afterparty for an hour or two and said it was okay, but nothing groundbreaking. He said he was waiter at sa punta (the pacha beach restaurant at the very northern end of talamanca beach), but unfortunately didn’t invite us for lunch or dinner there :( ;)
We dropped him off in san an and then drove to cala salada. When we arrived there, it was already lunchtime and so we ate at the restaurante there. not a restaurant I would recommend much, but it was alright; I had chuletas de cordero (lamb chops) while judith had mejillones (mussels).

Then we walked over to the nicer part of cala salada – cala saladella. It’s always the same when you arrive at cala salada…first you think…ok, why does everyone like this bay/beach so much? Then you walk a bit to the right, discover the other part of the beach, walk over the rocks (watch your step:!:) and when you’re there (at cala saladella) you understand why people rate it that high!

We spent a few hours and enjoyed relaxing there, lying in the sand, swimming in the clear blue water…by then, our bodies gave ourselves some notices that we hadn’t slept since Monday morning and that our legs should have a bit of a break after throwing countless shapes at circoloco and cocoon.
Late in the afternoon, we left cala salada again and drove back to PDB.

We didn’t do that much anymore this evening, had dinner at the hotel, took a walk through PDB, had a glass of tinto somewhere and got back to the hotel at around midnight. Went sleeping straight and our bodies were thankful about it 8)

Wednesday, july 12 – back on form!

Judith & I got up at about 9am. It took me a while until my engine started, but then I felt quite fine. We chilled for a bit and then decided it was time for some activity. So, we hopped in our car and drove northbound…to cala benirras, where we met diana & ronny again!

We spent the whole afternoon at benirras and had a great time there: first, we worked a bit on our tans and when we got hungry, we went to café benirras. There are two (or even three?) restaurants at cala benirras and café benirras is a place I hadn’t visited before. I had gambas a la plancha (grilled prawns) while judith tried the ensalada de polpo (squid salad). Ronny got a ensalada de pollo (chicken salad) and his beautiful girlfriend diana had an ensalada mixta (no need for translation here :lol:)
Food quality was ok, the salads portions weren’t big though and we all thought it was quite pricey there.

Afterwards, we finally did what I always wanted to do since the first time I was at cala benirras: we hired a pedalo and pedalo’ed to this rock, that’s there in the middle of the bay. this rock is called cap bernat (thanks McR) When we arrived there, it was a clear “work sharing”, the girls (judith and diana) stayed on the pedalo, gave us recommendations, feared for us :)lol:) and took pictures while us boys (ronny and me) climbed up that mighty rock.
It’s really hard to climb up there, because first of all, we were barefoot and wearing only our speedos. Then (luckily), locals have installed two ropes at the very beginning. To climb up the first few meters is the hardest part, because there is a tricky section between the first and the second rope. But still – we made it! The top of the rock is about 15 meters high, I assume. I have to be honest here – we didn’t climb up to the very top of it, as the last part looked very scary (does anyone know if the locals really climb to the very top and then jump off?). But we got to about 12 meters high and then JUMPED OFF BENIRRAS ROCK!!!

The ladies got another job before we jumped off: that day, there were quite a lot of yellyfish at cala benirras (not on/near the beach, but around the rock there were LOADS of them) so they had to take a close look where we can jump without landing on one of them. I jumped first and had a bit of back-leaning when I dived…so my legs and my bottom hurted for a while (well, I felt the jump even a day later when sitting down :eek: :lol:), but I felt okay and happy I finally did it. Ronny instead had much less luck: when he jumped and dived, he twisted his leg/knee badly :(
Was it worth it? For me – yes. My ass didn’t hurt that much and I always wanted to do it and I might do it again. For ronny…ummmm…I felt a bit responsible as it had been my idea to do it, but on the other hand, it was his fault to not care enough about stretch his legs properly when diving.

Intermezzo:
Ronny could still walk then so we thought it wasn’t that bad, but as we should find out later (when they were back in switzerland and had seen the doctor), he had partly torn his ligaments in his knee (don’t know the proper english word for it) and was “out of order” for three weeks! But when I saw them the first time when I was back here in switzerland, they already asked me for my 2007 ibiza dates because they wanted to make sure we’ll be there all together :D

back to this day now…we all left benirras late in the afternoon. diana and poor injured ronny drove back to their hotel in san an, judith and I drove back to PDB. Quick shower at the hotel and then, at 7pm, our ibicenco photo & info source and amigo McRackin was already waiting for us outside garbi. after a warm hello (3rd time for me, first time for judith), we drove to cala jondal where our cosy night out began. As McRackin and I had done back in september last year, we ordered a jug of sangria de cava while were sitting outside at restaurante yemanja (keep up the good traditions I say!). we enjoyed sitting there, getting the last sunrays of another beautiful sunny and hot day. Short before sunset and after a lot of ibiza and spotlight talk, we left yemanja again and drove to cap d’es falcó where we had reserved a table for dinner.

I might should add here that I had been to cap d’es falcó before, once for lunch in july 2005 and it was absolutely GREAT then. Food quality was top, the meals also looked very nice (the way they put it on the plates and everything) and the service was very friendly then.
This year…well, this year it was a bit different. First, we stood in the middle of the restaurant for nearly a quarter of an hour before some noticed our arrival and we got seated. Then we waited for another quarter of an hour until they were willing to bring us the menue cards and we could finally order. McRackin had an entrecot, judith had polpo a la plancha (squid again, grilled this time) and I had atun a la plancha. (grilled tuna)
Food quality was okay (my tuna was very good, judith’s squid was okay and mackie’s entrecot was just okay), but compared to last year’s experience, the portions were quite small. We had a bottle of vino blanco, some water and ended all up with a mixed plate of postres which was very good (CDF was always known for good postres!). it all cost roughly 100€ which wasn’t too bad. But with what I was really disappointed, was the service. They obviously hadn’t enough waiters. They had two or three guys/girls and they were running (really running!) all the time and still it all took ages (and the restaurante wasn’t fully booked, not at all!). when leaving CDF, I went to speak the new boss (last year it was managed by someone else) and told him about how I felt and he confessed he’s not having enough waiters and it seems not easy to find more personnel mid-season.
So, here’s my opinion about cap d’es falcó: first of all, still a beautiful place. They even have expanded their bar area in front and have added some loungebeds. food quality has gone down slightly. Still good food but not as outstanding as it was last year. I guess the chef’s not the same anymore. service unfortunately was absolutely miserable that night and that’s the main point why this restaurant has lost some points in my chart. but as i still like the place I might give it another chance next year. Because if they fix they service problem, they’re back on track.

One good thing about my visit to cap d’es falcó that I shouldn’t forget to tell: I could pick up the newest edition of pacha mag there. and yes, it was including the defected bonus cd 8)

As it was already 1am when we left (and we became tired and mackie had to work the next day as well), mackie drove us back to garbi wher we soon went to bed. Buenas noches!

Thursday, july 13 – treasurehunters, beachbums and dancing queens/kings

We got up at about 8:30am and feld really good. Ready to do something special today!

So, after a power-breakfast at our hotel, we packed our bags with drinks, trekking shoes, ropes, tents, compasses and of course my treasure map :lol: . This map lead us to a place where I have already been once on my first visit to this beautiful island. It’s a place that is full of signs, paintings, writings and above all, rocks. It’s a place where you can physically feel the myth of the hippies who were amongst the first tourists coming to ibiza. It’s a place that’s really not easily accessible but completely worth the effort!
By now you surely know what place I’m talking about. Yes, of course, it’s atlantis. We spent quite some time there, enjoyed the silence and charged our batteries for the return trek. Those who’ve been there know, it’s tricky to go down there and you have to be careful were you walk. But going back up is definitely worse. It’s really not just an easy walk and with the heat your body suffers quite a bit. So when we finally made it back, we were a bit (a bit :?:) out of breath and relaxed for a while. Then we made two-and-a-half tours around the island and, oh surprise, I ended up walking up to torre del pirata where I took the best pictures of es vedra ever. Judith skipped this additional walk as she was still a bit exhausted from the atlantis trekking, but when she saw the pictures I had taken from torre del pirata, she almost regretted it not coming with me.

After a huuuuge coca cola con mucho hielo at a nearby beach (we desparately needed some ice cold fluid because we had run out of agua), we made another two-and-a-half tours around ibiza and ended up finding ourselves at cala vadella.
Cala vadella is one of the beaches I always had ignorated – for no reason! And now I really have to say it’s one of the nicest beaches in eivissa. Of course, it’s a bit at the end of the world and it also gets crowded, but the sandy beach is superb, the water is cristal clear (y no hay medusas!) and it’s also cool to have some restaurantes and supermercados just behind the beach in case you get hungry (and by now you should know I always eat, I love eating and I eat a lot).

We spent all afternoon at cala vadella and relaxed from the matinal torture that was atlantis. Judith even took a scar from it (as I said – watch your step, babies! :lol:) but still she also had loved it there.
Drove back to playa d’en bassa later, had a very refreshing shower and an early dinner at the hotel and then drove to san antonio. It was the first time we really found traffic on the way to san an because of the road works. The problem is that you drive through san rafael now and that slows everything down a lot. When we finally arrived in san an, we met ronny & diana again and together we drove to kumharas for sunset. Aaah, I still love this place! I love their daiquiri’s and the lovely set up of the whole thing there. we catched some nice views of the setting sun, but unfortunately the very sunset was hidden behind far clouds.
One thing I didn’t like was the fact they began to stomp out hiphop-music just when the sun had gone. Don’t get me wrong – basically, I do like a bit of hiphop music every now and then and there were some live performing mc’s which IMO really did well, but then again, I really think kumharas and hiphop just doesn’t match. I know I shouldn’t be picky and I also knew they are having different nights at kumharas (soundwise), but to me, kumharas is all about chillout tunes and some reggae. Especially because they’re also selling all this hippie stuff as well and all the setup is just not relating to Mr 50cent and his gangsta crew. Before sunset they played some easy r’n’b which was still okay, but when they came out with live-mc’ing full throttle after sunset, it was too much for me. nevertheless, I still absolutely recommend kumharas for sunset, just check their calendar first! ;)

After night had come, we all drove back to the eastern coast of the island (this time we took the road via san josé) and enjoyed quite a lot pre party-drinks on our balcony.

At around 1am, we drove to ibiza town and directly to pacha for yosh1toshi! diana and brave ronny had decided they also wanted to come to pacha, especially because they would have to leave already on Saturday.
In front of pacha, something mystical happened :twisted: :eek: :lol: I met someone i had talked to before going to ibiza and this person gave us two very special business cards, with this cards we walked to the entry and were inside within a few seconds! Wooohoooo!!! Pacha for free for us four! Judith, ronny and diana had never been to pacha before, I played the tourguide and showed them around. We ended up on the roof terrace, where we had more drinks. After a while we (or especially me) got very keen to finally shake our butts again and so we went to the main floor where dean coleman was still waming up with some proggy tunes.

At 3am, deep dish came on and by that time, the dancefloor was nicely filled, though not that packed – very comfortable.
DD played a wicked set which judith and I liked a lot! Ronny and diana thought it was okay, but understandably (due to ronny’s knee) they didn’t stay that long.
Judith and I stayed, of course. We really had a blast there and only left sometimes to go out in our car to fill up with agua!
One of the highligts of the party was when DD threw “party all the time” by eddie murphy. I know, the song itself isn’t that great, but it was the first (and only) time I’ve heard it in ibiza and it definitely worked at pacha and everyone inside the main floor was properly going off to this one!

When we both went outside antother time to drink some water (or sprite-martini, judith’s fave drink when partying hard) at around 6:30am, the punters didn’t let us in anymore! :evil: they said it would finish soon and they let nobody inside anymore. we were gutted as we really were up for some more dancing and we really wanted to stay till the end (and maybe catch the sunrise from the rooftop terrace!). well, bad luck for once. :(

Drove home to garbi after an excellent night at pacha and went sleeping at around 7:30am…zzzzz….

--> read more below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday, july 14 – what a cosy day!

Judith woke me up at around 1pm. This sleep was definitely needed and I felt good after this. We decided to catch some sun so we made the short drive to sa caleta. There, we first enjoyed sund for quite a bit (and worked on our tans as always ;) ) and then, when we got hungry mid-afternoon, went to restaurante sa caleta. We had our first paella of our holiday and it was fantastic! Yummy! I know, the chef there has changed (is now cooking at the restaurante bali beach in playa d’en bossa), but the people in the kitchen of sa caleta still know how to do a paella!!!
We ended our late lunch at about 6pm with the local specialty – the café caleta. WOW! :D

We went back to the beach for some last sunrays and then drove back to garbi for a very, very quick shower. Hopped back in our car and went seeing another amazing sunset. No, not at kumharas this time. We went to my fave sunset place (which is quite my favourite place in ibiza overall) – cala yogi! :D
During wintertime (because of the winter storms), rocks had fallen on el camino which leads you there. the spot is still accessible now, but it’s a bit more tricky than before. But it’s definitely worth the effort! Judith was amazed as well and luckily we hadn’t forgotten to bring a bottle of vino tinto, two glasses and some snacks. What a perfect sunset we had there! 8)

When it got dark and the mosquitos arrived, we walked/climbed back to our car and headed towards ibiza town. We were on the island for almost a week now, but this was our first real visit to ciutat eivissa this year so far.
We went for a bit of shopping (mostly judith ;)) and enjoyed strolling through the streets. I had a slice of pizza in the port when I got hungry and the common ice cream as well. We called it a night at about 1am and drove home and directly to bed…

Saturday, july 15 – not only christian’s arrival!

We got up quite early (say 7:30am) because we knew it would be a long and event-rich day :twisted: we went for breakfast and after that, judith packed her bags. No, no – judith wasn’t leaving the island yet, but changed accomodation for the rest of her holiday. This was well-planned in advance because we knew christian would arrive today! So when we had transferred judith’s bags to the room she had rented in a house not far from garbi, we got ourselves ready for the first matinal session at space. Yes, it’s Saturday morning 9am, we’ve had some good night’s sleep and we’re ready for matinée!!!

We arrived at space short before 10am and hushed inside. Wow! Great music, great atmosphere, great dancers (both male and female!!) and great people! I simply LOVE matinée!
Soon we met some funny random people and later on, when things went right on on the new terrace, we met some more peeps. I was talking to a nice german girl called sandra who lives in barcelona and had just flown in from there in the early hours of this day. She was to meet friends from germany but they only would arrive in the evening hours of the same day. Judith was busy as well: first with a spanish guapo and then with a french garçon who both stalked her quite a lot. Well, well – matinée is really fun and this time I hadn’t any issues with gay people. Of course there are quite a lot of gays there and they normally are REALLY fun but you maybe remember I had an issue last year when a totally drugged gay chico got aggressive and wouldn’t understand I’m straight…no such situations this year! :lol:
The new terrace went mad when ior-dee (or was it j.louis? I don’t remember…) dropped sander kleinenberg’s “this is not miami”. Of course, also the other hits such as “same man” etc were played. I had to leave matinée (and judith and sandra) at about 2pm because christian was flying in.

Drove to the aeropuerto and waited for christian, whose plane was a bit late. Big hello when he finally walked through the door and popped up in the arrivals hall. We drove directly back to the hotel, where he left his bags and we both had some (errr, quite many) welcoming vodka limons. Then we put our bermudas and walked over to bora bora, where we met judith and sandra again. Originally it was me who had met sandra, but judith and her got friends within a few hours which I found to be cool! While sandra and judith were mostly chilling during the afternoon hours, christian and I danced our asses off and it turned out to be a heavy bora bora sesh that day. We stayed there until it got dark and only left from time to time to get more drinks (waiting for us in our hotel room) or to buy another bottle of water at the supermercado on the road. One of the coolest tunes this day at bora bora was definitely “I need love” (new remix…by pete heller? I’m not sure) by donna summer. Lovely!
So when we ended christian’s “welcome to ibiza” session, we first went to tantra bar to sort out tickets for Sunday and then had a burger at BK. By this time it was only christian and me, sandra had left because her german friends had arrived and also judith was gone for the moment, for the same reason – german peeps arriving.

As we were given free passes for privilege’s “silicon” at bora bora and as christian never had been to privilege before, we thought we might to pop up there just to see how it looks like. But when we arrived at 12:30am (early I know, but we really only wanted to have a look), privilege wasn’t open yet. And as we weren’t up for sitting in front there to wait until they would open and eventually let us inside, we drove to amnesia, just to see if I can sort out guestlist for cocoon on Monday. No definite answer yet, but things didn’t look that bad.

Back to PDB…err Sant Jordi (ay, mackie ;)) then where we enjoyed another drink. After having had a hard and long daytime dancing session, I called it a night around 2am while christian stumbled into garbi discoteca again for an hour. This time he was a good guy though and did not pull any young bird as he did last year. Ok, last year he had just finished a relationship and was still “at war” with his ex while this year christian is in love and having a good relationship 8) i only woke up when he got back and then continued dreaming my dreams…

Sunday, july 16 – another “normal” ibiza Sunday?!!!

We woke up just in time to hit the breakfast buffet at garbi before they closed it (so, it was about 9:58am). Then we went to the beach in front of garbi for the morning/noon hours. Do I need to say I had been to the island for 8 days now and by that point never had seen any clouds? Of course it was hot, too and my tan slowly began to be a real tan! 8) christian didn’t stay on the beach for too long as he was
a) still quite pale and you all know: noon time sun is really “burning” and
b) quite tired. He hadn’t slept much the two nights before arriving in ibiza (like last year). So he went back to the room for some sleep.
Judith arrived on the beach a bit later and we chatted for a while. There’s always stuff to talk about after being in ibiza for a week already.

Soon it was time to prepare ourselves for our cosy “Sunday afternoon walk”. Woke up christian, finally found time to shave (after a week) and felt almost like new-born afterwards. Fresh, christian and me walked to bora bora, where we met judith and sandra again. As christian & I hadn’t eaten yet (and were quite hungry), we told the ladies to go first and we would chatch up later…where? At space, of course! But not immediately. Christian and I walked to jet pizzeria but when they let us waiting there and didn’t even take care of taking the order, we left again and found ourselves at BK (again…:rolleyes:) for another burger.

Finally, we made it to space at about 4pm. We got our wristbands (and realised only then they’re giving them till 6pm officially now!), headed for the sunset terrace and found judith and sandra again. Oscar cano was playing all the hits (“same man” and all this stuff) and suddenly I walked into Jaime (cookie on this very forum!) who I had met last september. And I also met a part of a german group I had met last july. Aaah, it’s really a cool place (though sometimes a damn hot one as well), this sunset terrace on a Sunday afternoon! especially if you meet people there you have before – at exactly the same place!

At 6pm, the new terrace opened and we hushed over. Aaah. Cool. (it was one of the hottest day this Sunday I thought) cliff lay was playing some relaxed funky stuff on new terrace while david philllips kept the sunset terrace busy.
We decided we should take a break and so we we left with our pass-out. Christian and I walked back to garbi finally had a REAL meal with salads, veggies, rice (carbs!) and meat and everything. It was my first real meal after two days, since our paella at sa caleta on Friday we’ve only had snacks and junkfood, so it was really good to sit down and eat a lot, even though food at garbi isn’t anything special.
(judith & sandra went to judith’s place and ate as well. Good girls.)

after dinner, we had a lot of drinks on our balcony and at about 10pm we got back to space. Jon ulysses played the closing of the sunset terrace and it was a terrace closing as ever, many well known tunes, great vibe and of course the dancefloor was packed. Muy bien.
After sunset terrace was closed, things went on inside and on the new terrace. I got very tired too soon and my feet hurt (happens to me very rarely but this night…yes), but still I continued for a bit. Inside, dan ghenacia was playing a very deep, dark & dirty set while andy cato from groove armada played a bit of everything on the new terrace, from heavily acid influenced tekhouse stuff, to the 2005 smasher “sun rising up” by deux (definitely the most played 2005 hit this year!!!), to their own “superstylin’”. The crowd seemed to love the variety and went right off!
At about 2am, I couldn’t take it anymore and left the group. They were a bit surprised I was already leaving but in the end it was okay. I walked back to garbi, fell into my bed and asleep immediately.
Historicans say judith and sandra stayed till about 4am while christian, the marathon man (but only then), stayed till almost the end. Of what the historicans say, layo&bushwacka and 2many dj’s were all really great. Hard, fast, dirty and straightforward!
Closure note: WLS seem to put the best gigs at the end of the night now so that people stay till the end. At least it was the case this Sunday and the one before (where I would have loved to catch tiefschwarz but in the end didn’t because they had played only at 4am). Am I wrong or wasn’t this a bit different last year when they put the big names soon after midnight?

Monday, july 17 – craziness continues :twisted:

I woke up at 9:30am. I felt good and was hungry, so I left christian sleeping (like a dead man :lol:) and went for a huge breakfast at our hotel.

I took advantage of some spare time and the good weather (surprise, eh? ;)) and went to the beach in front of garbi. soon judith joined me and some time after midday, christian awoke from the dead and felt more or less ready for some more spastic edgy moves to repetitive boom-bang-bleeps on any dirty floor.
But before, christian and I did the really wise thing and went eating. I finally got “un bel piatto di spaghetti” and after this, we felt ready. Catched up with judith again and made the short drive to nasty dc10 where we arrived at about 3:30pm.

What a circoloco session! :twisted: it was crazy and it was pure fun. I love it, christian loves it, judith loves it and sandra, who arrived a bit later and probably was the only sober person in there, loves it as well!
We all met A LOT of people we’ve recognised from other parties during the past week! There was this group of gay londoners for example (brian and company) which all were so much fun, to all of us.
Music-wise, when we arrived, bill patrick played his last tunes, then fabrizio came on, after him it was loco dice’s turn (as good as ever I say!), and then the first guest, troy pierce, played – and he rocked that dirty terrace! Unfortunately, by that time (from 7pm onwards), the terrace was SO packed it wasn’t that funny anymore. I REALLY advise you all: arrive early in the afternoon. after troy, tania vulcano steered the loco-motive and whe left the terrace at about 10pm, “rej” from âme was dropped…what a nice way to end a dc10-session, especially for judith who a) goes ballistic when it gets aired and b) had a perfect dc10-farewell this way.

Christian, who didn’t spend the last 3 hours on the terrace anymore but only sat outside because he was knackered, already announced he might not be able to carry on that night. we told him to relax for a while and then see how he feels later.

After having some issues at the parking lot (we had to remove some mopeds to get our car out of there :lol:), we drove back to homebase garbi. shower – change of clothes – dinner. well yes, dinner, but not for everyone. Christian felt dead (no surprise, after going full throttle at WLS and also coming to dc10) and wasn’t hungry and neither was judith. So in the end it was only sandra and me, going to the same place as I had gone with christian earlier that day and having another portion of pasta.

After a stroll through PDB, sandra and I tried to wake up christian. We succeeded in this, but no way to convince him to join us for cocoon. I was a bit surprised (and slightly pissed) that christian really decided not coming to cocoon. Yes surely, I understood he was tired. But we had planned to make an “easy” Sunday and then a “VVVWI” Monday (not with VVVWI, but with dc10 and cocoon). And chris blew it up. I already had told him Sunday night he should take things easier as we had a hard Monday before us and then he said easy, no problems, I’ll be doing fine…but in a way I knew before it would happen like this. Just couldn’t understand chris really decided to skip cocoon because he loves it and especially miss kittin, who was lined up for tonight…

So…away with the tristeza then, and off to cocoon at amnesia at about 1:30am, just judith, sandra and me. the guestlist-thing I had organised on sat night worked well (it’s always good to spend more than a week in ibiza so that you meet some people) and we directly went to the main floor, where james holden played. If you listened to his actual “at the controls” compilation, then take the best parts ouf of it, pus some more danceable stuff to it and then you have what he played that night. very alternative stuff sometimes, quite strange sounds, but I really love this stuff and I honestly think he’s on another level mixing up all these different styles and combining 4 to the floor stuff with breaks and even things that are “out of beat”…mindblowing, IMO! :eek: :twisted:

At 3:30am, the decks were ready for miss kittin who was brilliant as well! I love it when she sings, I love the spheric stuff she plays sometimes and yet, it’s always a surprise when she plays, you never now what you get! This night she also played “domino” by oxia, a tune I really love and works perfect on such a big soundsystem (even if it’s getting played a lot and I might be bored of it by the end of the summer). Amnesia was as near as packed as the Monday before (with sven and the gang). Unfortunately this time, they seemed to have some issues with the ice cannon (or simply wanted not to use it) and so it got VERY hot in the main floor.
I only went to the terrace short before the night closed, but what I’ve catched from tobi neumann who was playing there, was very good as well!
Well, we all had another great night out and time passed by muy rapido. Amnesia closed at 7am. Then I drove sandra (and one of her friends) to their hotel in figueretas, also drove judith to her appartment and finally got my tired butt home as well.

Tuesday, july 18 – little sleep, lots of sun

When I got back from amnesia, I didn’t go to bed right away, but chilled on the balcony for some time, watched the day awake and smiled when thinking about the last 24 hours. Much dancing, much fun, many cool people.
I closed my eyes finally at 9am and after only two hours of sleep, christian woke me up. he felt good as he had a good night’s sleep and for once HE was really hungry. So we went to one of this bars in PDB that offer english breakfast and that’s exactly what we had then.

Later, we moved our bodies to the swimming pool at garbi. it was only the second time I took a dive into the pool during this holiday I realised. I never care much about swimming pools, beach for me all the way. But this day it was alright as I was a bit tired. We stayed at the pool for the whole afternoon and judith also arrived at some point of time. We also talked about tonight and we knew there was carl cox’ opening party (with danny tenaglia). We also knew it was already sandra’s last night on the island (and she hadn’t seen anything but clubs…:confused:). Judith voted for space while chris and I were still unsure about our plans for tonight. And when we texted sandra about what she wanted to do, she voted vor a cosy evening instead of another night out.

In the end, the evening presented itself like this: first, christian and I had a short and small dinner at garbi. then we went buying some vino tinto and snacks, drove to figueretas, where sandra was waiting for us, and then hurried to cala yogi! Christian had been there last july, so no surprise for him (but he loves the place as near as much as I do), but for sandra it was the first ibiza sunset at all and she didn’t know what to expect. She didn’t wear the right shoes to get there, but still, we all made it there and had a fabulous puesta del sol and enjoyed it a lot there. tonight, there were also a few people playing their drums. First time cala yogi with percussion for me, but It was alright, although I’d prefer it with complete silence.

We left the place when night came. Sandra announced she was hungry as she hadn’t really eaten today. As we were on the road to PDB back again (not the one via san rafael, but the one via san josé), I thought we might stop at KM5 and see if we get a table – we didn’t have a reservation. Well…we were lucky! :D and so we all enjoyed a very good dinner (and more wine ;)). Sandra had atun a la plancha (grilled tuna, excellent!), christian (who wasn’t that hungry) had a beef carpaccio that was brilliant. I had chuletas de cordero (lamb chops again – as good as ever!).
Side note for german readers: arabella kiesbauer, the tv presenter, was having dinner at the table next to us.

We left KM5 some time past midnight and got back to PDB. There we all talked for an hour or two, sitting on the beach and drinking more wine. But when we all got very tired, we said farewell to sandra, who had her flight back to BCN very early the next day and went sleeping.

Of what historicans say, judith went to space this night (with some german friends and some english peeps we had met) for carl cox opening party and it seems like she had a lot of fun, but didn’t stay for too long.

Wednesday, july 19 – more sleep and even more sun!

Christian and I both slept till midday! Aah, that was well-needed. But then we got our asses out bed, bought some food at the supermercado and drove to cala bassa.

Quick story: we spent the whole afternoon at cala bassa, relaxed a lot, ate our self-made bocadillos and drank lots of water, fell asleep, woke up and refreshed ourselves when going for a swim, lay down again and relaxed more, watched our tans getting darker (respectively christian getting red :oops: :rolleyes:) and just enjoyed the time there. even if cala bassa is mostly quite crowded and there are also lots of families, I still love this beach. The surrounding is really nice and the shallow water is cristal clear.

We left cala bassa at something past 6pm and drove back to PDB. Christian had a bit of a head-ache (too much sun I guess) and I realised I was still quite tired.
Then we had dinner at garbi. after some bad/little variety evenings, tonight the buffet was alright again. We stuffed up and and went to the room again afterwards to relax some more.
Judith texted me she was going to bora bora and to la troya later to celebrate her last night on the island as she was to leave in the morning hours of the next day. Christian and I were still thinking about what to do tonight (from bowling to bora bora, from la troya to subliminal, we talked about many possibilities), but the thing I wanted for sure, is to say farewell to judith. We had had a perfect week together and now hadn’t seen each others much anymore during the last two days. So at least, I wanted to say goodbye and wish her a safe trip home.

But…our bodies took revenge from the carnage of the past few parties because, when we were lying on our beds (christian watched tv while I was just reflecting the past 10 days), we both fell asleep….zzzzz….

Thursday, july 20 – on form again / judith leaves :( / natascha arrives!:D:D:D

After nearly 12 hours of sleep, christian and i woke up. when I looked at my mobile, I had a farewell-text fomr judith who was already at the airport by this time. I felt terribly ashamed I had fallen asleep last night and so hadn’t seen judith anymore :oops::oops::oops: . Sorry again judith for not coming to bora bora at least that night to say bye :oops: - but see you soon in frankfurt! :D 8) :twisted:

On the other hand, i felt really fresh and ready for the day. Christian also was fine.
We went down for breakfast and then drove to ses salines, where we lazed & dozed in the sun until mid-afternoon.

Then we drove back to garbi for a cool hour in our room and some selfmade bocadillos (yummy!). christian, who had arrived on the island quite pale, had taken a sunburn after having much sun yesterday at cala bassa and today at ses salines, so he decided to stay inside and look after his skin. I got more sun by the pool and later, when the sun wasn’t that strong anymore, christian joined me again and we stayed there till 7pm.

Shower at the room later and a short visit at garbi dinner buffet (I only had salad which is always okay there).
Christian, who during the last two days had gotten much calmer and lazier (which is strange because he’s so an active person normally), decided to take a nap, while for me, it was time to drive to the airport. finally, my baby natascha arrived!!!!! :D :D :D :D
I was really happy she was here now, together again, in ibiza!

We drove back to garbi, left her baggage in our room and then convinced christian to come with us. I don’t know why, but christian seemed to have to had the handbrake on since today.
All together, we drove to cala jondal, where where had dinner at yemanja. We had a table in front, putting our feet in the sand, the stars above, lovely setting. Christian repeated in having another beef carpaccio (which was good, but the one at KM5 seemed to be better), natascha had gambas de ajo (shrimps in garlic – yummy! And I don’t mind about the garlic, I love it myself) and I tried the solomillo de tenere (beef steak), which was lovely. We had some vino tinto with it and I finally got my first copa de hierbas on the island this year – I hardly could believe it nearly took two weeks until I get my first glass of hierbas!!!) it all cost around 80€ which was very ok I thought.

Natascha, who had had some hard days of work (and some tests as well), soon got tired. Christian just wasn’t up for clubbing and so we went back to garbi. I would have loved to go out that night, but first of all, I didn’t feel like going out alone and second, we had plans to have a heavy session the next night…but read on.

--> read more below!

Friday, july 21 – what a perfect day! …not speaking of the night though…

We woke up at around 9am and I felt really, really good. So did natascha. Christian, who had slept on the sofa in our room this night (because of lack of beds), didn’t feel as good as we did and skipped breakfast.

When we all left for the beach, christian went to the supermercado and bought some food as well. While I drove the car to cala salada he ate and so he had his late breakfast. We did what we always do when we go to cala salada – we passed the rocky part on the right side and got the sandier and much nicer part of the beach (cala saladella). We enjoyed the sun (well, christian stayed under the umbrella) for a few hours until we got hungry again mid-afternoon.

I had prepared a special surprise for them. We drove across the island and up to cala llonga and ended up at sol d’en serra, where I had reserved a lounge-bed on their beautiful terrace overlooking the sea.
Natascha knew the place, but only from the outside (because we once passed by there back in 2004) and christian knew I love this place because I had told him we really must go there all together!
The surprise worked – both natascha and christian were stunned! We were lazing on these cool lounge beds and first ordered a jug of sangria de cava. The champagne sangria was brilliant and we ordered lunch at about 4pm
Christian and I both ordered an ensalada mixta con pollo (14€) and natascha tried the chicken wings (12€). When you first look at the prices you think OMG, this is expensive…but when the dishes arrive and you see the portions, you think “alright, at least you get enough for your money”. And then, when you begin to eat you think “god, this is damn good!!!” food quality was really good and we all felt like caesar in ancient rome :lol:, lying there, eating & drinking, relaxing, laughing a lot, relaxing and just having a good time!
Time flew by and natascha and I also tried a delicous postre: almond pudding with oranges on top – sounds strange at first, but tasted like heaven! We ended all up with some café solo (of course ;)) and some chupitos offered by the house!

So, if you want to have a cosy afternoon away from all the rush, then definitely make the drive to sol d’en serra. Call them early afternoon to make sure you get a place at the lounge outside reserved so that you can enjoy your stay there to the max!

We drove back to PDB later. Shower and a snack in the hotel.

The story with christian:
And then came the point when christian really began to annoy me (and natascha as well). let me explain this. Well in advance, christian and I had planned to have a cool arrival weekend for him, and then wls, dc10 and cocoon. We did most of this (only him not coming to cocoon, but that wasn’t really a problem afterwards). And then, we had planned to have a session, together with natascha of course, with going to pacha (for pure pacha with steve lawler) and continuing at space (matinée) on Saturday morning, seen as the only two parties we had all 3 together, because christian would leave on sat afternoon, and also seen as a farewell-session for him. Nice plan, we all thought. And now before I continue, do you remember christian’s last year’s issue with the money respectively his budget? He never wanted to go eating out, he always said “hey let’s eat at garbi, we have food there and it’s (more or less) OK” and I always tried to convince him to go somewhere because I know there are soo many good restaurants and to me, eating out is part of a perfect ibiza holiday. But last year, he wasn’t convinceable.
Earlier this year now, I had asked him about how the situation looked like and then he said “no problem, I have saved enough, yeah let’s eat out sometimes and have a blast in general”. Ok.

But…the longer his week went, the quieter he got, the less he wanted to go out and the less he wanted to spend ANY money. And with the fact natascha had just arrived, the situation wasn’t that easy. Natascha and I had really been looking forward to going to pacha this Friday, together with christian of course. and now he suddenly came up with the news he doesn’t want to go out that night and stay home instead. In a way I was really shocked. Christians last 24hrs on the island were already running and I simply couldn’t understand why he didn’t want to have a bit of fun. Normally, he is such a hardcore partygoer and always up for a fiesta and I really don’t know what had happened to him or what we had done to him…of course, I know, you always should be openminded and understanding when people change their opinions and I also know you shouldn’t make too much plans, but on the other hand: shouln’t you also be ready to make some compromise and be interested in what would be a good solution for all of us? :rolleyes:

Alright then, it was Friday evening (8pm approx.) and natascha and I were pissed about christian’s news. I then asked him if he wanted to catch another sunset at least. “nope thanks, I’ll stay at garbi…” :x

I guess natascha and I did the best we could. We hopped in our car and drove to the region of cala d’hort, parked the car and made the steep walk up to torre del pirata. It was natascha’s first visit up there and she loved it. We both enjoyed the silence up there, the absolutely brilliant views over es vedra and all the surrounding area there, the slight wind – and of course the sunset!!! Definitely a place that I recommend for sunset, although I know it’s better during wintertime because then, sun sets exactly behing es vedra!
When sun was gone (but it wasn’t dark yet), we walked down again to s’era des mataret where I also saw this cave – there was a thread about it on here in springtime.

Then we drove back to PDB and we were still pissed about christian’s “no-no-no”, but I also had to see natascha had gotten quite tired – not a surprise after quite a long day with lot of activity. So I saw chances fade we would go to pacha tonight. Walked to pizza hut because we wanted a slice of pizza (bad decision, waited about 20mins until we got ‘em) and took a look at the new shop called “raza clubber” (near tantra, but on the other side of the road) which had just opened that night. it’s quite a stylish and modern shop, but what you get there is really nothing special – the odd t-shirts and cd’s, but not a great choice of both! There was a dj playing and some girls dancing on podiums, but i’m not sure how they will develop an succeed.

Went back to garbi to see how christian was. Already sleeping. Ah. :(

So we called it a night and went to bed. I was a bit pissed not going to pacha that night, but without christian and natascha it wouldn’t have been the same. So…save some energy for Saturday.

Saturday, july 22 – morning glory!

My alarm clock got us all standing in our beds at 7:30am. After a shower, we felt ok and we went for breakfast. We needed to fuel up for a long day :twisted: because after brekkie, we wandered to space for matinée. Even christian came with us (surprise!), but was hardly dancing at all. What had happended to him? I can’t explain it, but when noontime approached, he seemed to be happy, because he had to leave because of his return flight. I don’t know, maybe he began to miss his girlfriend so bad or whatever, but he really didn’t seem to bother he has to go back to switzerland...

This might sound unfair now, but to natascha and me, it was like a relieve when he went. He had been such a fun-brake during the last two days, we really didn’t know how to handle it. So I say no more about this now, christian said goodbye at space on Saturday at noontime and was gone then…that’s how the story ends.

Now, it was only natascha and me left and let the good times roll. I’ll tell you some more about today’s matinée now: we got there at about 9:30am and directly went inside, where things were going off massively, the dj played some pumpin’ tribal house, mashed up with some proggy trancey stuff, the dancers were as hot as fire and so was the crowd. Natascha and I had a magic moment at a certain point: there was an excellent, anthem-like track played and all the dancers got onto stage and were just posing there and acting arrogant. The sound avanced and avanced, all the crowd inside began to shout, the dancers began to move slightly, the track came to its climax, mass hysteria inside space discoteca at about 10am, and natascha and I were both dancing and looking at the dancers, the crowd and soaked up this intense atmosphere. When we then looked in our eyes, we both immediately saw we BOTH were crying! :D tears of joy – and we shared them. I really still get goosebumps only thinking about this moment. Massive!

Later, when the new terrace was open, we were only dancing there. some tunes I remember which were played that day: “same man” (of course), “knights of the jaguar” (more goosebumps, anyone?), “xpand” (the new deux one) and many tracks that you find on the matinée summer 2006 compilation (I bought this one later). They also dropped this cool remix of this RHCP song, don’t know the name though, and the terrace absolutely went nuts when “sun rising up” (told ya, most-played 2005 hit this year!) by deux.
Natascha and I had a really, really wicked time :twisted: and left matinée at some time past 4pm. Everything was still in full swing, but we had run out of money and our bodies were screaming for hydration…and a break!

So we went to the beach and walked back to our hotel. It’s a good thing to put your feet on sand and into saltwater after a serious dance session :lol:. Drank loads of water in our room and took a shower. Natascha felt like having a cool chillout at a nice place, something like sol d’en serra, where we had been yesterday. So I came up with the idea to drive to blue marlin in cala jondal. When we arrived there, we see that all the sunbeds and loungebeds were taken. BM must be very hip these days I guess. There were many cars in the parking lot and many yachts in the bay.
Luckily, I came up with another idea. We made the short drive to sa caleta, because I knew that, apart from the restaurante, they’re having a chillout-garden with lounge beds just behind it! We found a free lounge-bed easily, ordered some drinks and really enjoyed the silence there. this chillout-garden surely isn’t as stylish as at BM, but it’s much more natural and you can daze there under the pine trees. We both love the smell of pine trees so to us it was a bit of paradise we found there, after this wild party at space, this cool tranquil with the sun shining and in the shadow of the trees. Brilliant!

We relaxed there for a few hours and drove back to garbi short before sunset. Ate something from the buffet. Well, our taste-senses were still a bit out of order after matinée, but we knew we had to eat a bit ;)

Then we chilled on our balcony for a while. We collected the energy that was left in our bodies and made a walk through PDB and back on the beach, past bora bora and this other beach-bar just on the left hand side from bora bora (looking from the beach), which always looks quite improvised, but was going right off that night. in a way it seemed symphatic to me as it is still on the beach at night time, not like bora bora who gets this blue fence at night. I love bora bora from about 4 or 5pm until 8 or 9pm, but when this fence is up, it’s not the same anymore.

But anyway, this night, we didn’t feel like dancing anymore and so we continued walking and got back to garbi, where we had some hierbas con hielo, some nasty late night gymnastics :twisted::eek::oops::lol: and then fell through a tunnel and landed right in the land of OZ.

Sunday, july 23 – NOT an ordinary ibiza Sunday

After having spent two Sundays in a row at space, after having a mad (but fun) matinal session yesterday at space and after consulting the line-ups, we had decided NOT going to “we love” this Sunday. We thought we could save some energy, soak up some sun – and it turned out to be a very nice day in ibiza!

We got up quite early, at about 8am, and went down for breakfast. Natascha still was having heavy legs and was still quite tired from yesterday’s matinée, but I felt fine. We took our speedos (and bikinis ;)), left our homebase and drove to cala vadella, where we hit the beach even before 11am when it was still quiet there.

We sunbathed there all day, went swimming every now and then and when we got hungry, we got some bocadillos (and helados later) from a bar/shop nearby and we just enjoyed a lazy Sunday. By the way, it was the first day after two weeks I’ve seen some light clouds passing by. But as I said, they just passed by 8)

By about 4pm, we felt that our bodies (or morely skins) had catched enough sun for the day, so we drove back to garbi, where we chilled in our room for a while and took a shower. I also got rid of my one-week-beard again ;)

For the rest of the day i made two choices for natascha:
a) sunset and a VND (very nice dinner)
b) ibiza town and a VND

she decided for b) so we drove into town. As we were quite early (7pm approx.), but yet a bit hungry, we first went to some tapas joint between McDo and BK, where we had some meat balls (albondigas, thanks grego!), anchovies (boquerones, if I remember correctly) and of course a tortilla. No no, this wasn’t the VND, this was just a snack!
Fueled, we began our stroll through ibiza town, which lead us to various shops (where I got a new leather bracelet) and of course we also went up to dalt villa. I really prefer dalt villa to the centre downtown. Yes, it is touristic in a way, but it’s soo much nicer and much quieter than downtown, especially you don’t get no “guys, you want a drink? It’s 2 for 1”-boys/girls harassing you ;). We spent quite a lot of time up ther and enjoyed the ambiance. I also noticed that this ugly “half-erected” crane finally has gone – woohoo! 8)

At 10pm, when our legs got tired and we were hungry again, we walked to restaurante can d’en parra. It’s a place I haven’t been before, but I always had heard good things about it. When we first went up to dalt villa earlier in the evening, we passed by there and I made a reservation. So when we got back at 10pm, we had a perfectly situated table on the stairs outside (but without any passenger traffic, not as you get outside la oliva etc.), just waiting for us.
We started with some mejllones al ajllo (mussels in garlic – ay, yummy!) para compartir, then natascha had lubina (seabass, thanks again grego) with gambas (shrimps) on an iron stick while I had a huuuge atun a la plancha (grilled tuna, you all know this by now ;)). Both was fantastic! As usual for those dinners, we had a bottle of wine. I chose a red one from the ribera del duero region, one of my three favourite spanish wine origins (besides the rioja and la mancha regions). It was a good selection and we enjoyed it – we really love drinking red wine when having a good dinner! i even had a postre, I had a delicious flan de café con bailey’s. we ended up with having hierbas y café solo, of course.

We left can d’en parra at about 1am, with full stomaches, very good feelings for this place and a purse that was about €120 lighter than before. Not cheap, but I thought it was worth it and you also pay the price for the cool location up in dalt villa. Compared to restaurante la ventana (which is just a few steps uphill) it’s maybe not as stylish and in a way more basic, but the food quality belongs to the best I’ve experienced in town.

We both were tired when we walked back to our car. No wonder, after so much sun, shopping and sightseeing in town and such a dinner! so we drove back to PDB, stumbled in our room and immediately felt like melvin the giraffe in the movie “madagascar”.

Monday, july 24 – when things go wrong :cry:

I woke up very early when natascha was sitting on her bed, coughing and sweating. Bad signs. She had had a bad night, didn’t feel any better this morning and was very tired. It all had come absolutely sudden. Yes, I had been fighting a bit of a cough for a few days already – but you know the story; all these aircon’s and ventilators in the clubs aren’t really healthy (plus, when being in the car, you have the aircon on or you open all windows). And it happens that you sometimes do things that don’t strengthen your immune system… And yes, looking back, natascha had really been feeling VERY tired when we had gone to sleep last night, but we both had been thinking it was only from the long and active Sunday.

We went down for breakfast, but natascha couldn’t eat anything. Then we went to the pharmacy next to garbi and bought a fever measurer and some syrup against the cough. Back to the room to check the temperature – damn, natascha’s having the flu!!! :(
Luckily natascha had brought some paracetamol tablets with her (good girl, I never carry any medicals with me…only other type of tablets on very few occasions…) and she immediately began to take them.

We both saw our plans for today disappear. Please NO! we stayed in the room all morning and slept a bit. Also I was tired, but else I felt okay.
Afternoon arrived and natascha wanted to see if she can eat anything. We went for lunch, but after two forks of spaghetti, we had to realise we definitely must bury our plans. That was such a sad moment :cry: explanation: we both had been the same opinion when talking about plans on Saturday night: let’s have a cosy Sunday (meaning skip „we love“) and save our energies for a mad, wild, wicked, nasty, funny circoloco session at dc10.
Of course, I already had been there twice on this holiday, BUT I was SO looking forward to going there with natascha, because last year’s circoloco session with natascha was probably our most memorable party ever together. Needless to say SHE was absolutely gutted, it was the party she was looking most forward to. We both had even taken special clothes (disguise) with us and of course I had saved mine for our dc10-sesh together.
It was a very bitter moment for us, when we sat in this restaurant just vis-à-vis to garbi, just an hour before we wanted to drive to dc10, realising we simply can’t go there because a) it would be too risky partying hard with natascha not being well and b) if we would still do it, we might risk she could even get worse and stay ill all week.
So at the end, we were sitting there, both with tears in our eyes and endlessly sad. :cry:

Back to our room. What to do now? After a while we decided to hang out on the beach in front of garbi, natascha of course lying under the umbrella while I got more colour added to my skin.
Lying there, I realised it was the second party within a few days that I had to skip because of someone else. Don’t get me wrong, I’d never blame natascha for getting sick, this just happens sometimes, but still – after missing pure pacha last Friday I was extremely keen to hit dc10 again. Especially because I hadn’t been to any party (except matinée) during the whole last week now! You know I’m not such a hardcore clubber and I don’t need to go partying each night, but 2 to 3 nighttime parties plus about 2 daytime parties a week are just what I need…

When evening came, natascha tried to eat again and succeeded to eat an apple and drink some soup. I instead was hungry as ever and made garbi buffet look like a battlefield.
Natascha seemed to feel a bit better and she also felt I really had to DO something. I couldn’t just relax and hang around anymore (but still, I wouldn’t have gone clubbing then and leaving natascha alone!). so we decided to do some discovery. First we drove to santa gertrudis, a village we had passed by many times, but never had stopped. This time we did, walked around, saw all the bars and had a drink at the new macao café there. looks like a nice place and if you like la cucina italiana then I guess this is the place to go.
Then we drove to san rafael – same thing here, passed by many times, never visited though. Strolled through the village, found el ayoun and went inside to take a look. Wow, the setup is really lovely! We also put our noses inside l’elephant, which is stunning as well. Both el ayoun and l’elephant look very, very nice and I’m sure you can dine in style there, but in a way they’re both a bit too posh for my liking. The people eating there all looked way more “upmarket” than I am and so I wasn’t very surprised by the prices when I had a glance at the menue at el ayoun. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not critisising people who go eating there at all, I just say I think it’s too upmarket for me. but who knows, you all know I like eating out and trying new things, so it’s still possible I end up having dinner there next year…or the one next one, when I’ll be filthy rich :lol:

Natascha got tired again, felt worse again than in the early evening and so we called it a night. we drove home and natascha immediately fell asleep when laying down. I sat on the balcony for some time, thought about dc10, where the locos were still going off properly, and that at amnesia and pacha, two quality nights soon would start… :rolleyes: :(

Tuesday, july 25 – not back to normal yet, but life goes on

Natascha and I woke up around 9am. She seemed to feel a bit better again, with the help of paracetamol for sure, and she even ate a bit when we went for brekkie.

I asked her about her wishes for today and she didn’t want to stay in bed all day, so off we went…

First we drove to talamanca and took a walk up & down on the whole beach. Talamanca is one of the (quite few now) ibiza beaches I hadn’t visited before – for no reason. It’s quite a nice beach and it’s longer than I expected. There are quite a lot of restaurants (the amnesia-owned “la barracca” for example) and I guess it can get quite crowded in the afternoon.
Then we drove in direction of cap martinet at the northern end of talamanca bay, where we found pacha’s beach restaurant “sa punta” and this seafood restaurant just behind. This one looks more like a trailer than a restaurant, but I’ve heard very good things about it. I think it’s called “fish shack”.

From there, we continued to santa eulalia and then onwards to es canar. I love the coast between es canar, sant carles and cala de sant vicent, because it’s a very quiet and green region and there are MANY different small beaches. Some of them I had visited before, some not yet. Today, we stopped at cala mastella and soaked up some sun there (natascha was hiding under the umbrella of course). Her flu hadn’t gone yet :(
Cala mastella is quite famous for one reason: there’s this tiny restaurante „el bigote“ which is always fully booked. They don’t even have a phone there, so you have to go there to make a reservation. As It’s not in cala mastella itself, but in a secluded small bay on the left, I walked over the rocky path that connects both bays to have a look at the restaurant. I was 100% sure it would be fully booked for today (it was, of course), but still I was quite surprised when the old woman there told me the next possibility for a reservation would be on Sunday – and today’s Tuesday! :eek:

So when we got hungry we walked to the second restaurant in cala mastella (100meters from the beach), called “sa senia”, but it was closed. Back in our car then and off to cala boix which wasn’t far. There we had lunch at restaurante la noria, a cosy place on top of the cliffs with a cool terrazza under the trees and top notch seaview.
I started with a gazpacho and then had pollo con patatas. Natascha ordered jamon con melon but didn’t eat much. Sadly she told me she was feeling sick again and asked if we could go back. Oh, how sad is this? We are having a holiday on our favourite island, the weather’s fine and it’s just me and her. Everything looks perfect but it isn’t. even as she was wearing her big and mirror-glassed shades I could see she’s crying. She felt so bad because she was thinking she’s ruining our holiday (which she wasn’t of course!). I felt so bad because I definitely didn’t want her to feel bad because of this and tried to comfort her, but it was hard for both of us.

Payed the bill at la noria and drove straight back to PDB, where natascha went to bed. As it was mid-afternoon, I went to the beach in front of garbi again and catched some sunrays till about 6pm.

When I went back to our room, things definitely began to get better again. Natascha had slept a lot, she seemed to have won the war against the flu and most important, she felt and looked much fresher again. She felt so good, she even could join me for my second night out with spotlight maestro-paparazzo and good amigo McRackin. I was very happy about her feeling better and was glad she didn’t miss the opportunity to come with us. And our ladylover mackie (who already waited outside garbi and made another proof also ibicencos can be on time, not always mañana! :lol:;)) also seemed to be glad to finally meet my princess.
Alltogether, and with some very effective anti-traffic detours provided by McR, we drove northbound to restaurante cami de balafia, which is near san llorenc but just off the road that leads you to portinatx.
We were VERY LUCKY arriving early (around 8pm), because we hadn’t made a reservation and if this unknown four people wouldn’t have had cancelled their reservation, we would have been forced to search for an alternative dinner place that night, because cami de balafia was absolutely fully booked. But thanks to this cancelled reservation (gracies, whoever it was) we had a perfect table on the terrace. As you may have read in another thread, this place is quite simple and basic, but it’s absolutely lovely and laidback.
We began with pan, aceitunas y all y oli (as usual) and then a very fresh and muy tasty salad was served. It was only lettuce and tomatoes – simple again – but it tasted sooo damn good!
After that it was time for meat, and that’s what cami de balafia is famous for! We got a huge plate full of various meats, which was all absolutely delicious! We all agreed that the beef steak was the best of it, I have rarely eaten such good meat ever. I’d say there were between 12-15 pieces of meat on the plate we got and thanks to our hungry buds (mostly mine towards the end), we ate it all. We had a good bottle of vino tinto with it (don’t worry mackie, didn’t forget about the albariño though! ;)), some water of course and I even had a grexonera as postre. If you love sweets then you should definitely try grexonera once, it’s SO good! Of course we had coffee.
Now, dear readers, what do you think how much the bill was? 120€? 150€? More? No friends, it alltogether came up to ONLY 90€!!! My god, so much delicious food for such a price – natascha and I were amazed! Now, if there are any ibicencos (apart from McR of course) who read this: I know there are quite a lot of places in ibiza where you can eat both good and for a very reasonable price, but I was surprised that cami de balafia was one of them!
So, for all meat lovers out there, go to cami de balafia and your wildest dreams come true! :D but do the wise thing and call for a reservation a few days beforehand!
i surely will continue exploring more restaurants on the island. Cami de balafia was an eye-opener to me. ‘nuff said.

After this vast meal we drove to can atzaró, this stunning agroturismo, where they also throw wicked parties sometimes (as people reported ;)). But we didn’t go to a party, we just went for a drink. Natascha had gotten tired again (and eaten too much) and, even after insisting, she decided to stay in McR’s car and having a nap instead of coming inside atzaró with us. Her fault. She really missed something.

Because when I said “inside” before, this wasn’t really correct. Atzaró ist mostly outside. It’s a huge area with a beautiful open-air restaurant, then you have many lush lounge-beds, a cool bar, a shop and something like a gallery. And then there is the hotel, of course with the spa as well, but we didn’t visit that. We just ordered a drink and then lazed on one of these maxi-comfy loungebeds. I also took a look at the menue at the restaurant and, even If I just had had dinner, I immediately got appetite again! The stuff they offer all sounds great! However, if you want to go and have dinner there, be prepared for a heavy bill at the end. So now you might ask yourself why I rate atzaró over el ayoun (for example), without having been for dinner at any of these two? - atzaró simply seemed more “real” to me, less pretentious in a way. and atzaró is a whole complex where every single detail looked absolutely right. But that’s just my opinion – I am very sure dinner at el ayoun is great as well!!!

When we got back to mackie’s car, I scared natascha to death (not wanting!) when I opened the door and she was sleeping on the back seat of the car. Then McR drove us back to PDB.

But this wasn’t the end of the day/night. :twisted:

Natascha was tired and even if she had really been better tonight, she still didn’t fell 100% on form again. But when we had been talking about clubbing tonight earlier that day, she had signalised she wouldn’t bother if I went out alone this night.

So I was back in PDB, not tired at all and really up for some nighttime activity. i had the choice between: a) armada (finally some trance ;)) at amnesia, with armin van buuren, markus schulz, matthew dekay and with free entry. OR: b) carl cox at space, with laurent garnier as guest and at a cost of about 30€.

In the end I decided for carl cox and it was the right decision! Changed clothes, kissed natascha goodnight, bought a ticket and was at space at 1:15am. Inside, laurent garnier was playing while the other cool frenchman, stephane pompougnac, kept the new terrace busy. I didn’t care about the terrace, inside is what I wanted. And laurent garnier played one of the most memorable sets I’ve ever hear anywhere! First, he played some deep house with a few spheric influences, then onwards to a new version of the classic “can u feel it?” and the killer tune “house of hell”. He also played the ame remix of “insomnia” by rodamaal (not the faithless’ one!) After this, he played some rockin’ rock tunes with a bassline, but I only remember one song which I think is called “love ain’t no game”. Then he got a bit harder and techy-er again, before he came back to housey stuff. Suddenly he even played some breaks and the second last tune he played was “domino” by oxia which destroyed the place. His set was absolutely brilliant, very varied as you can see, and you really never knew what comes next. I loved it and I guess everyone else did!

At about 3:30am, carl cox arrived in the dj booth and started full throttle. His set was banging as ever, yet it never got boring! Sometimes he put a housier track in between (“changes” by chris lake for example) and rarely also played some stuff with a trancey touch. By about 5:30am, it all sounded reeeally deep and moody, but for the last hour, from about 6:30am till 7:30am, he delivered all the upfront full on techno stuff. My god, what a night!!! it was carl’s birthday party and this man really celebrates in style!
It was brilliant, but not only music-wise: the lasers inside the discoteca were great and so was the ice-cannon which had been installed. I was glad it was working, it was so damn hot inside! Needless to say space was rammed to the rafters and the atmosphere was hot as well! I only left the discoteca once, at about 4:30am, for a short break on the new terrace. It was also nicely filled there, but the stuff stephane pompougnac played was too jazzy for me. back inside then for more coxy-bang-bang! :twisted:

In the beginning of the night i met a group of germans which i partied with for a while. Later, I met two girls. First I thought they were from glasgow…but as the sound inside the discoteca was very loud, I only noticed later I had misunderstood them – they were from moscow! (glasgow-moscow…sounds similar, don’t you think? Only when they told me their names, natalia and ayruna, I got sceptical and asked again where they were from :lol:) We partied together till the very end and enjoyed an amazing night!

By the way, natalia is now also member of this very forum – welcome “martinka” and glad to have you here!

One more thing about this night and about something in general that I hadn’t told you about until now: the story with “seven nation army” by the white stripes. Carl dropped this one around 7am and space discoteca went ballistic! Everybody was chanting and it was a crazy moment.
I know, many of you are SO bored about this song and about people still chant it. The fact is, at nearly every party I attended (from space to dc10, to amnesia and to pacha), this melody was shouted always when tere was only the bassline of a track for a minute. I know it’s been around for a while now but this year, it really seems to be the anthem of all anthems. Didn’t think it was that massive in 2004 and 2005. and I also don’t think it was only the italians who chanted it. I for myself mostly had fun when either a dj dropped it or someone began to chant it. And at space, this Wednesday early morning, it just matched.

I left when things were over at space (even though I had a free stamp for in bed with space), had had one of my best nights in ibiza ever, and walked back to garbi. took a shower and then fell into my bed.

(Phhew, a long report about a long day)

--> read more below!

Wednesday, july 26 – this is ibiza again!

Natascha woke me up around middday when she came back from the beach. She had had a good night’s sleep, really felt good again and the flu had gone for good! :D only a bit of a cough left, but i also had this. I was so glad natascha is well again!!
I stil felt a bit wrecked of last night’s carnage, but I definitely didn’t want to spoil the day as natascha was back on form! So I got myself together, put on my speedos and off we went…

We drove to restaurante es boldado first. This is the one overlooking cala d’hort with the where you get the stunning views from es vedra. We just went to make a reservation for later and then we made the short drive from there to cala carbó, another tick in my box of yet unseen beaches. Cala carbó is a small but nice pebble beach surrounded by rocks and cliffs. We enjoyed lazing in the sun there and I was happy to relax some more. Still felt a bit of carl cox hushing and banging in my head and reflected about the cool people I had met.
Natascha and I were looking forward to having a late lunch because we got really hungry while working on our tans. So when 4pm approached, we left cala carbó and drove back to restaurante es boldado where we got a nice mesa. We decided to have paella con pescado y marisco and already began to munch aceitunas, pan y all y oli while we were waiting for the paella. The paella was superb, really delicious and we ate a lot!
No postre today, but I washed this fabulous meal down with my usual café solo and – oh yeah – hierbas con hielo.

It was already 7pm when we got back to PDB, so there was only time for a quick shower and then back off, to san antonio this time.
We drove via san josé (a good tip at this time of day) and stopped before san josé to fuel up the car. then off to kumharas por la puesta del sol. We arrived early enough and so we got perfect seats. I had two zumos multifrutas con malibu y cointreau (ayyyy, yummy!) while natascha tried a zumo con melon, fresa y naranja (which was also very tasty!) . sunset was perfect, absolutely no clouds, only the sun diving into the sea.

After sunset, we stayed at kumharas for dinner. we weren’t very hungry because of our late lunch, but stil…well, by now you all know we simply LOVE eating. So natascha ordered her favourite thai meal which is the tom-kha-gai, a spicy soup with chicken. It was as good and hot as ever. I kept sticking to fish and ordered grilled salmon. It came with saffron risotto and both the fish and the risotto was fantastic!
Two copas de hierbas were offered by the house – gracies! If I want to have a “commercial” sunset in ibiza, then kumharas is still my favourite place, I’m only gutted I never made it to sunset ashram at cala conta, because this one also sounds great!

We called it a day after dinner and drove home. I was tired yet very happy natascha was well again. So was she and happily we went to bed…

Thursday, july 27 – a quiet beach, a busy city, a raving night

Natascha woke me up in a veryveryveryNICEindeed way :D:oops::lol: don’t ask me what time it was, i didn’t get a chance to have a look on my watch :lol: but i didn’t care ;)

Later we went for breakfast (so…still, it must have been before 10am…) and when we got back to our room, I needed another hour of sleep. Natascha was very patient and when I was finally ready for another beautiful day on this amazing island, we drove all the way up to portinatx and beyond, where one of our favourite (if not THE favourite) beaches lies – cala d’en serra. We were there from midday approximately till late in the afternoon and enjoyed another day on another beach. We both like this beach very much because it’s small, it’s quiet and in a way it’s a bit like “our” beach there. while driving through portinatx, we had stopped at a supermercado where we had bought food and so it was again selfmade bocadillos when we got hungry.
We both felt very good, only this damned cough wouldn’t go away. But we had to live with that and it’s our very own fault, going clubbing, aircons & ventilators, unhealthy lifestyle…some time the body takes revenge!

Late in the afternoon clouds came. Real clouds! The first real clouds I had seen since I arrived on the island almost 3 weeks ago! So when these clouds began to first turn grey and then black, we thought It was time to leave and drove back home.

Aftersun lotion-session at our room (which was a daily routine) and then dinner at garbi. nothing spectacular as usual, both we were hungry and so stuffed up.

In the evening, we drove to ibiza town for shopping. Natascha finally found new sunglasses. I bought the pure pacha cd (pete tong / sarah main) and finally bought two t-shirts from ibiza clubs. You know, since my first visit on the island I always wanted to buy some cool shirts from space, amnesia, pacha or dc10, but I never did. i never found one that i really had to have, but then always thought “why didn’t you buy one?” when sitting in the plane back home. So today, I finally made up my mind and bought two sleeveless/tank tops from space, both timeless and cool IMO (one is from 2005, “in vinyl we trust” written on the front, the second is a new one, with a pirate head on the front).
Later we had an ice-cream at ben & jerry’s (I know, B&J is absolutely non-ibiza, but we love their icecream) and then drove back to PDB, where we had a power-nap before nighttime activities began…

Finally natascha was in the mood (and healthy state) to go out properly again and she was looking forward to it A LOT!
You might know that two years ago, we both were almost pure trance-heads and cream was a party we never would have missed. Things have changed since then, our musical horizons got extremely wider after our first ibiza holiday, but in our hearts, we still have quite some space for trance music. I was in ibiza for nearly 3 weeks now without going to any trance night as and natascha was here now (and feeling fine again), it was 1000000% sure we wouldn’t miss tonight’s cream. Remember, cream was our first night out ever in ibiza (I guess many people would nod now and say “me too”) and we always had absolutely wicked nights when cream was on at amnesia.

So, off to amnesia at about 1am. No guestlist tonight, but we didn’t care that much. We hit the main room at 1:30am, just to catch the last few tunes from adam sheridan, who was building up things in a good way. Main room wasn’t too full yet.
Ferry corsten already stood in the dj booth at 1:45am. And he truly delievered one of the best trance sets I’ve ever heard. Pure quality trance music! Of course he also played his own new productions which was fine for us. He got a bit harder towards the end when he played “L.E.F.” and closed with his own evergreen “punk”. By then, the main floor was in full swing, but still not overcrowded.
At 3:30am giuseppe ottaviani (which is 50% of NU NRG) played an 30mins live set which was great! He began with “until Monday”, played one or two proggy tunes, came to “through your eyes” and then “linking people” and ended with “freefall”, an elder tune of NU NRG which I love!
At 4am, pvd stood behind the turntables (….errr, laptops) and began quite proggy. What followed, was a solid and good 3hour pvd set. he almost made it a classics night, because he played a lot of ‘em: greece3000, beachball, beautiful things…he always put one or two proggy tracks in between, just to cool down so he could heat everything up just afterwards with playing the next smasher!
He closed the main floor at 7am, first with his own “for an angel” and then, as definite closing tune, chicane’s “saltwater”. Gooooooooooooosebumps!

Even if pvd didn’t play much new stuff and I had heard better sets from him (cream ibiza closing party 2004 for example – unforgettable!!!) it was, musically seen, a briliant night for a trance lover (you can even call me a cheese lover, I don’t care. I’m swiss and we produce some of the best cheese in the world so I have an excuse to be a cheese lover :lol:). Now what really surprised me, amnesia wasn’t that packed that night! :eek: of course there were a lot of people and you could call it full, but compared to other years’ cream parties and to this years cocoon nights, it was NOT packed…well, I guess that’s just the reflection of the trends, trance is dead (not for me though!), techno/tekhouse/electro/minimal is mucho on the up.
Natascha and I had an awesome night at amnesia. We just enjoyed ourselves and the music. Natascha had some issues with the crowd first (understandably), but the later it got, the less she cared. I’d just say it like this: if you go to cream then go for the music…and not for the crowd.

We stumbled out of amnesia and enjoyed the sunrise. Then we drove back home, had an enormous NDS without M session and fell into coma afterwards:lol:

Friday, july 28 – it ain’t over yet!

We both slept till around 2pm and felt quite alright when we got up. Chicane’s saltwater was still on a non-stop loop in my brain when I woke up and I immediately realised that we were just having 24 hours left on the island! So, let’s make the most out of it! We didn’t do the effort to drive to some far (but surely nice) beach, we just went to the beach at PDB. First we had lunch at garbi’s beach restaurant, tomato soup for mrs Nostrum and tortilla con ensalada para mi, and then tried to get the last few more tanning degrees on our bodies. When I went swimming in the sea to cool myself down a bit every now and then, I got very sentimental. On one hand I felt very happy, very alive and I noticed that my love, my enthusiasm and also my curiosity for ibiza is all still the same. I am addicted to this island and not primarly because of the clubs. It’s the whole combination of beaches, restaurants, parties and people which creates such an unique vibe imo!!!
On the other hand, certainly understandable, I came sad because I exactly knew I wouldn’t see and feel the sea anymore for quite a while and I knew I would miss ibiza like hell, with all the good things I mentionned above…

Late in the afternoon we went back to our room, had a shower (and aftersun) and chilled for a while, before I took natascha out for our last ibiza evening/night of this year’s ibiza trip. You remember I had given her two possibilities about the evening last Sunday? Sunset and VND or town and VND? On Sunday she had chosen going to town and now it was clear what we did tonight.
But…what do you think, where did we go???
Well yes, you’re correcto – of course I took natascha to cala yogi! She had never been there before and totally fell in love with it (same as I did, just a year later). We spent a lot of time there, enjoyed a bottle of rioja and some pan de ajo and reflected the past week whe had spent together.
A group of spanish people had brought a very nice dog (like a mixture between a wolf and a dog) with amazing ice blue eyes. This dog suddenly wanted to play with us, brought a stone and began yelling when we first didn’t react. So we had no other chance but throwing the stone. Of course he brought it back – at least 86 times :lol: so we were quite busy con el perro, but it was fun and still, we enjoyed our last ibiza sunset there. perfect sunset, perfect ambiance, perfect place.

Before it got really dark, we walked/climbed/stumbled back to our car. then we drove to restaurante sa capella, where we had another delicious dinner. first time for us at sa capella and, even if it’s not cheap, it’s really nice!!! We got a very nice and romantic table; there is one compartment inside the chapel that’s above all others, you have to turn right directly when you get inside and then walk up some stairs. Perfect place, but it was very hot inside (a bit too hot). Now let’s talk about the yummy things:
We first shared a starter which overwhelmed both of us: salmon rolls stuffed with “young” tuna! Can food be better than such?
Then natascha had salmon again (but grilled this time) and I had radaballo (turbot - thanks stephen) which came with an amazing pepper chutney! Both natascha’s and mine meal was superb, but suddenly natascha didn’t feel very well. I am sure it wasn’t because of the food, I guess it was because of many things: a) the night before b) little sleep c) much sun d) red wine at cala yogi and last but probably most, the heat inside sa capella. That was a bit too much for natascha and so we left soon after finishing dinner. even though we hadn’t been there for too long, let me please add the following: location-wise, sa capella is really unique. Service was very friendly and also efficient. Prices are high, but very OK compared to what you get! So, definite recommendation from my side. Do it for a special occasion and don’t forget to call for a reservation when you’re in ibiza during high season.

We drove back to calle de la murtra in sant jordi (adress for garbi) and natascha already fell asleep while I drove us there.
I gave her the time for an 1.5hr power-nap while I relaxed a bit as well (but couldn’t sleep). I really wanted to go out once more this night. so at 1am, I softly woke up natascha to see how she felt. Hmm. Her cough had come back quite hard and she was also feeling very, very tired.

So, for the second time this week, she sent me out alone. You surely remember I missed last week’s pure pacha because of christian who didn’t want to go and this week, I really wanted to go there, even if steve lawler wasn’t playing that night.
so I changed clothes quickly, went to buy a ticket and drove to pacha at around 2am. The queue at the entrance was huge but people went in fast. In the main floor (where I stayed all night), the bodyrockers already took audial care of and first played a proggy to tekhouse set. then one of them brought his electric guitar and what followed, was a trip through the rocking world. They played stuff from lenny kravitz (are you gonna go my way?), blur (song 2), “I like the way you move” (is this from them originally?). of course they also played the white stripes’ “seven nation army” and pacha went nuts. Don’t get me wrong, I am not such a huge fan of this, but it worked! The bodyrockers closed with a rocking version of the gospel “oh happy day”. Cool!

Then – at about 3:30am it was claudio coccoluto’s turn. He started very slow, deep and tek-housey. His set went like this for more than an hour and I got into it very well. He also threw “rej” and from then on some more eclectic stuff, great build up! 8)

At 5:30am pete tong arrived and the party went off. He played that cool remix from “a brick in the wall”, also threw “rej” (again :rolleyes:) and “falling up” (yeah!). I thought the party would go on till 8am, but at about 7:20am, tong closed with “pursuit of the groovy” by the alchemist. Loving this at the moment!

Soundwise, it was a great night! the crowd at pure pacha was okay as well, although not as wild as at other clubs. Halfway through the night, I met a group of funny spanish people (desde asturias). I had a lot of fun with them an we all stayed together till the party was over!

I Walked out of pacha at 7:30am, was fascinated by the traffic chaos the people caused in front of pacha and after a while, I also hopped in my car and drove back to garbi. natascha woke up when I got back and we talked for a while, but then I fell asleep…

Saturday, july 29 – leaving on a jet plane, don’t know when I’ll be back again, oh lord, I hate to go…

Natascha, who luckily felt better than yesterday night, had gone having breakfast and woke me up when she came back to our room. I had only slept for a bit more than an hour and I still felt pure pacha intensively in my body & soul :oops: :lol:

We had to pack our bags then. While doing this, we emptied our bottle of hierbas we had bought earlier this week. Checked out garbi at noon, put all our stuff in our car and walked to BK. We both got a free meal thanks to some vouchers you find in the 2006 amnesia magazine which I had picked up at the airport when I was waiting for christian and natascha to arrive. I know, having a burger as last meal in ibiza isn’t very stylish, but we had many fabulous dinners and I really didn’t feel like going anywhere and have a real lunch…

Then we drove to the airport and dropped off the car. luckily it wasn’t damaged, but it was as dirty as hell after three weeks and no carwash.

Checked in for our flight home, bought more hierbas plus jamon, chorizo y aceitunas at the duty free and boarded after having an ultimo helado.

I took a last close look at ses salines and cap d’es falcó before getting inside the plane and then we left my favourite island at about 3pm…. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

We had a quiet flight back home and i also slept a bit…

And then?

Spent the next two days with natascha which was a very good thing – ibiza blues didn’t hit me until we had to split up (because we both had to go to work again).
But then, ibiza-blues hit me really hard again and in a way it STILL does, two weeks after I returned. Weather in switzerland was been absolutely crap since I came home, consulting the forum in a way only makes it worse (but of course I can’t keep myself away from it) and I just miss ibiza as I miss my most-loved persons when they’re not around.

So, how was it?

It was another excellent holiday in ibza with so many highlights, epic moments and funny stroies I will never forget. I now, it’s not a new tune, but when I listen to “swimming places” from julien jabre (the new remix by seb ingrosso), then I get very sentimental. It was one of the tunes we always listened to when driving around on the island, apart of many others of course.
Was it perfect? Well, if you read it all you easily noticed there were two lowlights with christian changing his behaviour 180° and obviously with natascha getting the flu (this just shouldn’t happen when being on holiday!:x), but apart of this – it was ABSOLUTELY DAMN F@*KIN’ BRILLIANT again!!!

Some figures…

Money spent – approximately €2800 including EVERYTHING
Kilometers driven – about 1200kms
Medusas (yellyfish) seen – about twenty, but only during the first week and mostly at cala benirras when we were jumping off this rock!
Café solos y helados – much less than last year, I get resonable and healthy I guess ;)
The unhealthy stuff – i guess it takes some more time there until I get reasonable :eek::lol:

Lost

Some money, of course (but got I got good value in return for everything I paid)
About 5 kgs of weight
My mind at some wicked parties (and maybe some braincells?)

Found / won

Many new unforgettable ibiza impressions
My first ibiza parking denuncia (denounce) which I threw away (let’s see what happens)
Cool people!
Very nice places on the island I hadn’t explored before!

Best moments, in historical order

Landing ;)

Being back on the terrace, together with judith, ronny and diana on the first Sunday! And tom novy throwing “everybody’s free” to close the terrace.

Loco dice throwing his own “seeing through shadows” at the first of two dc10 sessions.

Jumping off benirras rock!

Atlantis.

Both matinée sessions.

Each and every sunset at cala yogi, but most (and understandable) the last one together with natascha and the dog.

The second dc10 session together with christian, sandra, judith and many random folks – that was BRLLIANT! (ay, brian – you around here? ;))

Late lunch and champagne sangria at sol d’en serra. Perfect.

Sunset at torre del pirata with natascha. Beautiful (both the place and the girl 8))

Dinner with mackie and natascha at cami de balafia. Outstanding.

Carl cox and laurent garnier at space. Mindblowing!!! :twisted:

Pure cosiness at cala d’en serra.

Pvd throwing all the classics at cream. Hot-loved cheese.

Pete tong closing pure pacha with “pursuit of the groovy”

Worst moments, in historical order

Being just a few steps away from the cocon-afterparty and not being able to enter. :x

Ronny getting injured when jumping off benirras rock. :(

Christian getting strange by the end of his week. :confused:

Natascha getting the flu :evil: and therefore having to skip our well-planned dc10 session together.:cry:

Leaving, of course :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Outro

With my 5th trip, my love for ibiza has still grown. I still love the island itself, the beaches, the people, the clubs, the gastronomy (oooh yes) and, above all, the vibe you get into while being on this beautiful island.

My hunger to go back is as big as ever. There are still a lot of places I have never been (many restaurants, underground, different caves, some more beaches, little villages,…) and I want to discover them all. There are also a lot of places I missed out this year in order to see new stuff, but still want to go back to (san an in general, sunset strip, santa eulalia, restaurants, beaches,….).

While I was in ibiza I talked to many workers because I was/am seriously thinking about making a season there. but what I’ve heard of many of them, is that they often don’t see very much of the island because they mostly only got one free day per week and relax (or party) then. So this is a reason (together with other ones) I might just keep ibiza as my favourite summer holiday place like I do now…

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to go back this year, so no wild & wicked closing parties for me. this also means it will be a long time waiting for ibiza 2007.

With all my love and effort I put into writing this review again (i know, I never make it to write a short one, silly me ;)), I really hope you enjoyed reading. Don’t know how many of you will really read it all though because it’s so long :confused:. If you still want to know more details, feel free to ask. (just don’t expect I’ll give directions to atlantis or cala yogi :lol:)

Thank you all I’ve met this year, for making it another beautiful, impressive, funny, crazy, wild and certainly unforgettable trip again: natascha, judith, christian, McRackin, Dr Mick, ronny & diana, Jamie/cookie, sandra and friends, tobias & böses bienchen and friends, natalia & ayruna from moscow (and not glasgow, silly me! :spank:) , barbara, silvia, leon y juan (the asturianos grupo I met at pacha), gerlinde, sarah & julia (mother and daugther together at dc10!), brian and his funny fellas – you were great, benny, freddi (dankeschön!!!!), oscar (gracies!)….and everyone else I forgot.

I am really sticking onto my tradition and after re-reading my whole review before finally posting (I am sure I will have to split it up into different posts because it’s too long, but I’ll keep it in the same thread this year), I am now holding a glass of hierbas in my hand and lift it to all of you, to the lucky ones who still are looking forward to their trips, as well as to all those who are already back and are sharing their experiences and passion for ibiza on this forum.

Thank you for reading.
Salud – I força al canut.

Stivi

And some pictures here:

176270360.jpg

Judith and me at dc10. no comment!

176270362.jpg

The famous ice-cannon at amnesia. GSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!

176270365.jpg

The rock in benirras, called cap bernat, where we jumped off from (see that edgy point on the right side, at about 2/3 of total height? That’s were we jumped off)

176273145.jpg

The buddha painting above atlantis. Wow!

176270369.jpg

Matinée!

176270361.jpg

Judith and sandra at dc10 – great picture imo!

176271541.jpg

Torre del pirata and es vedra behind

176271551.jpg

Natascha enjoying sunset at torre del pirata

176271549.jpg

Natascha and me at cala yogi for sunset

176271543.jpg

“el perro y la puesta del sol” at cala yogi

I actually read that all.. (not too concerned with my work this morning :oops:)

GREAT review! i love how you added the photos...:)

:D 8) :D

nostrum said:
things were going off massively,
the dj played some pumpin’ tribal house,
mashed up with some proggy trancey stuff,
the dancers were as hot as fire and so was the crowd.

Natascha and I had a magic moment at a certain point:
there was an excellent, anthem-like track played ...
The sound avanced and avanced,
all the crowd inside began to shout,
the dancers began to move slightly,
the track came to its climax,
mass hysteria inside space discoteca at about 10am,
and natascha and I were both dancing and looking at the dancers,
the crowd and soaked up this intense atmosphere.
When we then looked in our eyes,
we both immediately saw we BOTH were crying! :D tears of joy – and we shared them.
I really still get goosebumps only thinking about this moment.
Massive!

:rolleyes:
hammergeil ... besser kann mans nicht beschreiben ...
... genau so einen moment hatte ich im september 05
im space bei tom novy ... :D

definately one of the best reviews yet, took me nearly two hours to read but i enjoyed it with a beer and a smoke, fully felt those goosebump moments!:D very informative and still fun to read, loved it, roll on september 8th!

OMG the best review ever written, took some time to read it , but worth every moment ....

Specially for some of us not going (probablly ) this year, if you have some more photos do add them!

nice one stivi!! :D

nostrum said:
we finally did what I always wanted to do since the first time I was at cala benirras: we hired a pedalo and pedalo’ed to this rock, that’s there in the middle of the bay. When we arrived there, it was a clear “work sharing”, the girls (judith and diana) stayed on the pedalo, gave us recommendations, feared for us :)lol:) and took pictures while us boys (ronny and me) climbed up that mighty rock.
It’s really hard to climb up there, because first of all, we were barefoot and wearing only our speedos. Then (luckily), locals have installed two ropes at the very beginning. To climb up the first few meters is the hardest part, because there is a tricky section between the first and the second rope. But still – we made it! The top of the rock is about 15 meters high, I assume. I have to be honest here – we didn’t climb up to the very top of it, as the last part looked very scary (does anyone know if the locals really climb to the very top and then jump off?). But we got to about 12 meters high and then JUMPED OFF BENIRRAS ROCK!!!
the rock is called cap bernat!! :idea:

24kwef5.jpg
24kweo6.jpg

188932387_0556446402.jpg

24kwf4p.jpg
24kwew4.jpg

nostrum said:
meat balls (what’s the spanish name again?) albondigas,
then natascha had seabass (en español?) lubina

amazing amazing review nostrum...........encapsualted the good and bad, the happy and sad times that make the ibiza experience such an intense and emotional time.

here's some :cry: :) :cry: 8) :D :D 8) :twisted: ;) from me!

The printer is working ..... 34 pages ....... no telephone calls tonight please .... I am reading .......... :) Oh Stivi, you are brilliant !

thank you everyone for reading until now! :D

thank you McR, stephen and grego for your corrections - i've edited my posts 8)

more pics!

177921690.jpg

me sitting at s'era des mataret after sunset.

177921682.jpg

judith and me at "we love", sunday afternoon (italy won the footie worldcup later that day)

177921675.jpg

who's this??? ;) right - dr mick (at dc10)! 8)

Back