On Honeymoon - Is it worth paying for VIP area access

having just returned I can confirm that you get a bottle of spirts and mixers. I had to pay extra for beer. We never drank all our bottle but took what was left with us.

If you get asked to go to the VIP area on the terrace I would say no unless you plan on sitting around away from the main area a lot.

what size bottle was it? typically here in the US you get a 750 ML bottle of spirits at the clubs...

You get the bottle as part of your VIP entrance which is either €250 or €300 depending on which night you go

"...
The increasing demand for VIP treatment has surprised even those who work in the thick of Ibiza’s club world. Mark Broadbent, one of the promoters of We Love Sundays, says: “It’s not something we ever wanted a part of – I hate the idea of VIP. I put a big rave on: it’s for the kids who do ****ty jobs all over the world who come to party. The beauty of coming to Space is rubbing shoulders with whoever. When that Jimmy Choo girl [Tamara Mellon] came down, she didn’t want to be in a VIP section; she just wanted to party. But a lot of people need a VIP area. Times have changed.”

When Kevin Spacey was over last summer, he asked to go to DC10, one of the more intimidating clubs on the island – uncomfortable, spartan, hard-core – but he changed his mind when he heard there was no velvet rope to hide behind. When Paris Hilton was here last year, she had a hot little party with Jagger at L’Elephant. Jagger’s part in it ensured that the great, the good and the all-important bad turned out. All of which was a big tick next to Hilton’s name – a tick that was removed a few days later when she was spotted at a foam party near San Antonio. In a way, you’ve got to admire her for breaking out of the tyranny of obsessively doing the right thing in the right place on the right night – that is something a lot of new-rich ravers obsess about, which is why they ensure there is always someone there to steer them in the right direction.

Pacha’s brand director, Danny Whittle, says the club doesn’t accord its VIPs too much privilege, and won’t move people around. He pauses, then admits it did once, for Prince William. While many are old dance-music-heads, a lot of Pacha’s new guests, such as our future King, aren’t what you would call bona-fide clubbers. “This lot, the newer money, used to go to St Tropez. Initially, they sit there with their eyes on the dancefloor, agog. After an hour, they’re on their chairs, punching the air.”

As I skulk around the club on a Friday night, the vast VIP section doesn’t seem to jump like the dancefloor. Still, Pacha has increased the space devoted to VIPs three times in the past four years – this summer,VIPs and VVIPs take up more than a quarter of the club’s capacity of 2,500. Whittle says of VIP areas: “Personally, I hate them. I don’t like that style of clubbing. I’ll always prefer a bar to a bottle in a bucket, but that’s the way the island is going.”
..."
(timesonline)

So if im not mistaken.You pay 30 euro up front then additional 300 euro per ticket at door.Does this include a bottle?Does thet 300 euro just come with one bottle or is it used also for more drinks at the bar?

So if im not mistaken.You pay 30 euro up front then additional 300 euro per ticket at door.Does this include a bottle?Does thet 300 euro just come with one bottle or is it used also for more drinks at the bar?

when we got our table for FMIF, we just walked up and said we wanted a table. we didn't pay a cover charge and were walked in the side door with no wait. for the bottle, we just ordered a bottle of absolut (250 euros or so) off of the bottle menu. with red bull mixers it was $400+ and i'm pretty sure the tip was included in that.

when you book online, you pay a 30 euro per 2 people charge ($48 as of today). the 300 euro charge is a credit for you to order against...be it a bottle of vodka or beers. read the example below.

so we saved $ by just showing up at the club and getting a table - we could get in the club for free anyway as we were guests at the Pacha hotel but we saved easily $100 the way we did it instead of pre-booking. usually though we do get a table ahead of time for very busy nites just to be safe....

All VIP table bookings include VIP entrance and a table in the club's exclusive VIP area.
The payment you are making is a booking fee which secures your table. Each VIP 'ticket' you purchase will be for the stated minimum number of people. In most cases this will be for 2 people but please see the individual event for exact details. By placing an order you are also committing to the minimum spend which is detailed below the ticket information. Please note that it is not always possible to offer a seat for everyone around a table, particularly for larger parties. The venues will always do their best to accommodate everyone with seating but sometimes and especially on busy nights it may not be possible.

When you arrive at your table a credit card will be authorised for the minimum spend. You may also pay cash. You may of course spend more than the stated minimum and this will be debited from your card at the end of the night. Think of it like running a tab at a bar. See the example below:
buying-exapmle.png

Example: 4 people want a VIP table at Pacha, Ibiza.

Minimum number of people per VIP 'ticket' = 2
Booking fee per VIP 'ticket' = 30 euros
Minimum spend = 300 euros

So 4 people will pay a Booking fee of 60 euros (2 x 30) and are then committing to a minimum spend of 600 euros (2 x 300) payable at the table.
If there are an odd number of people in your party i.e. 3 or 5 then you will pay the for the next highest even number of people i.e. the price for 4 or 6.

Frequently Asked Questions:
There are 5 people in my party. How does this work?
If the party is an odd number i.e. 3 or 5 then you will pay the higher price i.e. the price for 4 or 6.
Are tips included?
Tipping in Spain is considered customary. A 10-15% tip at the end of the night is a fair tip for your waiting staff. This can be added to your card bill or can be a cash payment.
Can I leave my drinks unattended at the table?
Yes, you can. You waiting staff will look after your drinks.
Can I bring my friends into the VIP area to join my party for drinks?
No. The VIP area is for those who have paid for the service only. Any additional people brought into the area will be subject to the minimum spend payment and this must be pre-booked with us.

At certain clubs like Pacha in Ibiza, there are premium exclusive tables available. Clubtickets can secure these tables on request.

Bookings can be made online but if you require assistance or more information then please call us.
N.B. Please remember to bring your credit card and photo ID. Debit cards are not accepted by the clubs.

Vip

hi, just want to clarify something as im a little confused.

From reading various sites and what not, i have seen the VIP package deals.
From what i can gather (for Subliminal at Pacha) it is 30 euros pre booking for a ticket of 2 (so 15 euros each) and then a further 300 euros on arrival (150 euros each) and we will obviously be in VIP and receive a bottle of spirits and mixers? is this correct? or do we run up a bar tab to the equivalent of 300 euros?

cheers

hi, just want to clarify something as im a little confused.

From reading various sites and what not, i have seen the VIP package deals.
From what i can gather (for Subliminal at Pacha) it is 30 euros pre booking for a ticket of 2 (so 15 euros each) and then a further 300 euros on arrival (150 euros each) and we will obviously be in VIP and receive a bottle of spirits and mixers? is this correct? or do we run up a bar tab to the equivalent of 300 euros?

cheers

I think what we wanna know is.Instead of getting a bottle and we want beers.How do they go about keeping track of how much we spend.And if we go over our limit do they let you know? or do they hit you with a big bill after saying you went over your limit.

I think what we wanna know is.Instead of getting a bottle and we want beers.How do they go about keeping track of how much we spend.And if we go over our limit do they let you know? or do they hit you with a big bill after saying you went over your limit.

well obviously they will ring up the beers you order against your tab. i assume you'll have to ask you waitress to keep you posted on the amount. the registers typically show them the running $ total each time a drink is added, so i would just have them let you know every once in a while where you are at. since they have you CC# on file, if you go over 300 euros, you can pay cash or leave it on the card.

and for Razzyboy....per your question you can do it either way...it all comes off the 300 euro you pay upfront regardless if its a bottle or individual beers/drinks or a mixture of both.

well obviously they will ring up the beers you order against your tab. i assume you'll have to ask you waitress to keep you posted on the amount. the registers typically show them the running $ total each time a drink is added, so i would just have them let you know every once in a while where you are at. since they have you CC# on file, if you go over 300 euros, you can pay cash or leave it on the card.

and for Razzyboy....per your question you can do it either way...it all comes off the 300 euro you pay upfront regardless if its a bottle or individual beers/drinks or a mixture of both.

Hmm sketchy if ya ask me.I guess ill stick with a bottle

Hmm sketchy if ya ask me.I guess ill stick with a bottle

how is that much different from starting a tab at a bar? only difference is here you pre-pay 300 euros and deduct the cost of each drink instead of starting at 0 and adding from there.

how is that much different from starting a tab at a bar? only difference is here you pre-pay 300 euros and deduct the cost of each drink instead of starting at 0 and adding from there.

Having someone else determine how much my buddy and i spend out of our 300 euros.Maybe im just paranoid.I think id feel safer just getting blitzed on bottle of vodka but i do like beers.How many drinks would this be what are the cost of drinks in pacha i foget :rolleyes:

Having someone else determine how much my buddy and i spend out of our 300 euros.Maybe im just paranoid.I think id feel safer just getting blitzed on bottle of vodka but i do like beers.How many drinks would this be what are the cost of drinks in pacha i foget :rolleyes:

nobody would stay in business by regularly screwing their customers. :!:

drink prices are going to be pretty steep this summer with the exchange rate so bad. A Red Bull/Vodka will probably run around $28-$30 each at Pacha...and that is a well brand vodka in a regular size glass.

nobody would stay in business by regularly screwing their customers. :!:

drink prices are going to be pretty steep this summer with the exchange rate so bad. A Red Bull/Vodka will probably run around $28-$30 each at Pacha...and that is a well brand vodka in a regular size glass.

Thats freaken retarted! Why so expensive man.I may have to pass on ibiza next yr and hit another great party place.I will survive this yr and have fun but i may not give pacha the satisfactory of taking my money for vip.Thats just absurd.

And since when are clubs not out to screw poeple.You just named a big screw lol.

Thats freaken retarted! Why so expensive man.I may have to pass on ibiza next yr and hit another great party place.I will survive this yr and have fun but i may not give pacha the satisfactory of taking my money for vip.Thats just absurd.

And since when are clubs not out to screw poeple.You just named a big screw lol.

well much of the reason behind the high prices is the horrible exchange rate.

a red bull/vodka was 18 euros last summer. at the exchange rate then, the cost was around $25 each. as the exchange rate has gotten worse, today they are $29 each.

when i was in Ibiza in 2003, the drinks were around 13-14 euros, and the exchange rate was around 1:1....so they drinks cost $13 to $14.

blame the Euro - us $ exchange rate more than anything for the high prices. even if Pacha didn't raise their prices since 2003, due to the exchange rate the drinks cost 60% more today. not Pacha's fault about that.

well much of the reason behind the high prices is the horrible exchange rate.

a red bull/vodka was 18 euros last summer. at the exchange rate then, the cost was around $25 each. as the exchange rate has gotten worse, today they are $29 each.

when i was in Ibiza in 2003, the drinks were around 13-14 euros, and the exchange rate was around 1:1....so they drinks cost $13 to $14.

blame the Euro - us $ exchange rate more than anything for the high prices. even if Pacha didn't raise their prices since 2003, due to the exchange rate the drinks cost 60% more today. not Pacha's fault about that.

13 euros for a drink is still high nevermind 18.Ill have to get drunk in San Antonio before hand!

Ill tell you one club that definetly rips you off Space with their 8 euros for a 300ml bottle of water and then they put warm salty water in the taps in the bathroom so you cant drink it, that should really be outlawed, all clubs should provide free drinkable water, thats never gonna happen in ibiza though i don think

Back