Oldschool house - tune ID's

*Saffy* said:
Sorry to be pedantic .. but Lamont did the original of Going Back to My Roots .. and Odysseys release was in the early 80's ...

Almost definate it was ritchie havens :D That piano is one of the best riffs ever!!

dam0 said:
*Saffy* said:
Sorry to be pedantic .. but Lamont did the original of Going Back to My Roots .. and Odysseys release was in the early 80's ...

Almost definate it was ritchie havens :D That piano is one of the best riffs ever!!

Word.

*Saffy* said:
Was Lamont Dozier .. 1979 we got the 12"

Even more pedantic :oops: ;

I have the original 7" import single by Lamont Dozier, it was from 1977 on Warner Bros WBS 8363. What a voice!

ME - Holland Dozier Holland were a famous soul music writing team, which included Lamont Dozier.

Thanks for the ID's guys, found all three tunes i was afer:

FPI Project - rich in paradise
sterling void - its alright
rhythm on the loose - to the break of dawn

Cheers :p

monkehUK said:
Thanks for the ID's guys, found all three tunes i was afer:

FPI Project - rich in paradise
sterling void - its alright
rhythm on the loose - to the break of dawn

Cheers :p

Aha, everybody can relax now. :D :D :D

2 outta 3 aint bad. Should definately get the first choice track though. I really fancy getting a remix down of that! :D

lol, no relaxing just yet m8y, i found a remix of going back to my roots by 'kid creme' on soulseek this morning, does anyone know what label this is on etc, wouldn't mind getting hold of a copy!? :?: :lol:

I havent heard bout that. The only info i can find is that it might be called 'dont stop my roots' and its on illegal beats ep as well as 'hypnotising'. thats on the illegal beats label. Someone named it as 'going back to my roots mix' on their top10 so maybe thats the one. I would have a search around slsk and try and find it first.

Cheers Dam0, I've got an mp3 copy already, I'll see if i can get it on vinyl... ;)

*Saffy* said:
*chuckles* .. it's getting a meaty post !

lol... soz for creating a monster thread, ill wind my neck in now!! :p

monkehUK said:
lol, no relaxing just yet m8y, i found a remix of going back to my roots by 'kid creme' on soulseek this morning, does anyone know what label this is on etc, wouldn't mind getting hold of a copy!? :?: :lol:

No problemo.

As I assume myslef the very best authority on all things Kid Creme, here ya go.

The Kid creme track is called Don't Stop my roots. It can also bee known as "Going back to my roots", or "Don't stop vs My Roots".

It is the 'B' Side to the original release of (Kid Creme) Hypnotising (Quite possibly one of the best tunes ever IMO). The full title of the release was:

Kid Creme pres. Illegal Beats Vol. 1 out on Jalepeno records

The A Side was Hypnotising
The B-Side was "Don't stop my Roots"

I reckon this will be quite a collectors piece IMO as the subsequent releases and represses (including the one on Positiva) had a shitter re-vocal, which made things maybe a little clearer but lacked the warmth and groove of the original. You can tell the re-releases, as they sound like it says "To get BY", when the original said "To get DOWN").

First one'll be Richie Havens back to my Roots (That's the original anyway loads more people have done covers) (on the first back to love album).
Second is Sterling Void - It's Alright (on back to love 3)
Third is Rhythm on the Loose - Break of Dawn (on back to love 2) or as said before may be first choice - let no man put asunder (also on back to love 2)
Hope this sorts it out for you.

Anyone remember what i said earlier about people not reading the whole thread before posting :rolleyes:

hahaha

@x-amount: cheers for the info, i guessed it would be that ep but i didnt have it so i couldnt say for sure :D

Back