Oldschool house - tune ID's

monkehUK

These are really old, maybe 10 years or more:

1.'picking up my boots, going back to my roots'

2.'and its gonna be alriggggggggt'

3.'im surprised to see your suitcase at the door, you've had a good time, dont you want some more'

thnx :D

monkehUK said:
These are really old, maybe 10 years or more:

1.'picking up my boots, going back to my roots'

2.'and its gonna be alriggggggggt'

3.'im surprised to see your suitcase at the door, you've had a good time, dont you want some more'

thnx :D

I think number one is Linda Clifford - Going Back To My Roots.

They're all on the Back to Love series of albums.

1. Might be Richie Havens - Back to my roots.

number 1:

The original was the ritchie havens track but the one your talking about will be:

fpi project - rich in paradise

It has a female vocal and the classic "whoaa.. yeah" beat like 'rob base - it takes two'. Interesting fact: at the start of the song it says "dont be silly, put the condom, on your willy...' hehee a responsible message in an old school song!

number 2:

Sterling void - its alright

number 3:

First Choice - let no man put asunder

Classic track and one of my faves, frankie knuckles mix is on the flip too!

FPI..Project..Rich in Paradise EP is the one your after Tuneeeeeeeeeee that's the first one

I will tell you the other 2 when i get home

Hmmm.... number 1 may also be the Linda Clifford track mind :confused:

erm come on people read the posts before you go postin urself. The tracks have been named already :D

dam0 said:
erm come on people read the posts before you go postin urself. The tracks have been named already :D

Yeah, but the original poster hasn't acknowledged that they're right, and the first one could apparently be a number of things ;)

Someone had already mentioned the linda clifford track though. I wonder if sean will tell us what the tracks are too when he gets home!! :)

dam0 said:

But .. they aint been confirmed as yet have they ?

dam0 said:
number 1:

The original was the ritchie havens track but the one your talking about will be:

fpi project - rich in paradise

It has a female vocal and the classic "whoaa.. yeah" beat like 'rob base - it takes two'. Interesting fact: at the start of the song it says "dont be silly, put the condom, on your willy...' hehee a responsible message in an old school song!

number 2:

Sterling void - its alright

number 3:

First Choice - let no man put asunder

Classic track and one of my faves, frankie knuckles mix is on the flip too!

Alternatives..

1 May be Sister Sldge - Lost in music

2 might some other tune which name forgets me, on one of the Hed Kanduis, and is basically a house mix of Rock the Casbah, and ity has the Stirling Void vocal.

As for 3, I think he actually means Rhythm is Rhythm - Break of Dawn.
The vocal is indeed from Let no man put Asunder, but I would assume he'd remember a different part of the song than that

Well.... Monkeh????

Sorry to be pedantic .. but Lamont did the original of Going Back to My Roots .. and Odysseys release was in the early 80's ...

Back