Oh ffs - now look .. Kate Moss has jumped on the bandwagon !!!!!

...hiring herself out for gigs at the eye-watering cost of £250k for half an hour, which works out at just over £8,330 for every minute.

How does she manage to survive??

Nah .... just media people cashing in on looks and fame. I don't see / hear any promo mixes from her anywhere - and just about anyone can be taught how to get behind a set of decks.

It's not fair play to her to command those fees, nor is it fair play to her for getting paid what she does to model. It's a damned disgrace people like that have command of so much cash, have so little sense of values and the only reason they want her to DJ is so that fashionista beautiful people can identify with one of their own.

Sorry -- it stinks. And it's a slap in the face for talent in an industry where hundreds of good DJs can barely get a gig and are forced into production to even get taken seriously. Load of c*ck.

Nah .... just media people cashing in on looks and fame. I don't see / hear any promo mixes from her anywhere - and just about anyone can be taught how to get behind a set of decks.

It's not fair play to her to command those fees, nor is it fair play to her for getting paid what she does to model. It's a damned disgrace people like that have command of so much cash, have so little sense of values and the only reason they want her to DJ is so that fashionista beautiful people can identify with one of their own.

Sorry -- it stinks. And it's a slap in the face for talent in an industry where hundreds of good DJs can barely get a gig and are forced into production to even get taken seriously. Load of c*ck.

completely agree

why get so worked up over it?

At least she wont be playing some $hit house set. From what i read its alot of 60`s&70`s rock,motown ect.

It used to be about the music, now anyone with decks and a name wants to cash in. Punters will line up to go to here gigs. The superstar DJ now rules now, talent is the last thing they need.

P.S. I'm not talking about Chewie and his large fee

I have applied for the job of letting off her fireworks in the booth.

fireworks-photos-111.jpg

At least she wont be playing some $hit house set. From what i read its alot of 60`s&70`s rock,motown ect.

Exactly, and it's not like anybody reading this is going to end up at an event where she is playing records.

Who gives a ****? Seriously

Disagree.

When the morality mob can finally tell other people what they can and can't do, or charge, or earn, then I'll be on the first rowing boat to North Korea.

I read that as 'letting off fireworks in her box' and was about to cry euphemism:lol:

It's all your pent up polygamous desires leading to such 'readings'...:D

Seriously ppl, if you could get 250,000 for half an hours work spinning a few records / cd's whatever, would you honestly think to yourself "Hey wait a minute, this is not right, the true masters of this craft will be outraged"?

I just wonder whether if Jo Brand suddenly found a hidden DJ talent she'd be able to command the same fee ?

Reckon not .. why ? Because she's past-age, a little overweight and let's face it the media and fashion mafia wouldn't get the same kind of kick about oggling her in the DJ booth.

So it comes back to one thing as usual - the vastly disproportionate worship and reward of body and image above all else. Quite ... honestly .... pathetic :!:

I just wonder whether if Jo Brand suddenly found a hidden DJ talent she'd be able to command the same fee ?

Reckon not .. why ? Because she's past-age, a little overweight and let's face it the media and fashion mafia wouldn't get the same kind of kick about oggling her in the DJ booth.

So it comes back to one thing as usual - the vastly disproportionate worship and reward of body and image above all else. Quite ... honestly .... pathetic :!:

All humans think that way, if you see someone with an ugly person, I would be willing to bet it wasn't love at first sight but they grew on each other. We all look at the outer shell first, the content of the character comes later.

All humans think that way, if you see someone with an ugly person, I would be willing to bet it wasn't love at first sight but they grew on each other. We all look at the outer shell first, the content of the character comes later.

Good point Jay - and it's a shame. Probably as guilty as the next person of it to some extent but try my level best not to pre-judge on outward looks. At least that is, I hope, a step in the 'right' direction.

Back