OffSonar and OffWeek Barcelona

Just came back from Sonar/OffSonar weekend and here's my short review.
Private little Elrow preparty on Thursday, was awesome.
Friday PIV poolparty with Prunk & Kolter. While I love the PIV guys, the vibe was off...lots of drunk guys, mostly UK audience and a sausage fest. Left early.
Saturday daytime Moxy Muzik Poolparty with Darrius Syrossian, Sydney Charles, Olive and Wheats. Even though this was again a 90% UK audience the vibe was totally different. Awesome party, great crowd and had a very good time.
OffWeek Festival Saturday night....I was shocked by the amount of people there. Two stages, one for Solid Grooves and the other for OffWeek with Jamie Jones and Joseph Capriati and both were swamped with people to a point where I felt unsafe moving into the crowd. Left after an hour or two to avoid getting stuck there with a few taxis for maybe 50.000 people?
Sunday Elrow @ Poble Espanyol was very nice, great location, not too full and enjoyed the music and atmosphere.
Sunday night an Off Sonar afterparty with La Guarida in club Upload...really good!

Would do it again next year but definitely cherry picking some smaller intimate events.

Last edited:
Anyone going this year? I will be going to keinmusik 15 June poble espanyol, hope it's a good one!
I'll probably skip this year.

Personally I don't like the big "Plaza Mayor" at Poble Espanyol because of the volume restriction (and mostly crowded location) - prefer the smaller floors at Poble Espanyol. Looking forward to your review

Anyone going this year? I will be going to keinmusik 15 June poble espanyol, hope it's a good one!
I'll be going to my first one, even if I only get there on the 15th.

I did see KM tickets sold out already 😂 .. so will be looking out for other events on the saturday evening, or sunday day / night.

Looking forward to it!

Really strong line-up. Possibly the best Sonar I've seen in years, although would have been good to have more live acts (Air doing Moon Safari should be stunning), as Sonar used to have back in the 00s. I saw artists like Roxy Music, LCD Soundsystem, Le Tigre, Mouse On Mars, De La Soul, Broadcast, The Durutti Column...

Very tempted to come over from Ibiza for it!

Back