Office Xmas parties

We didn't get one this year and I don't know of any company that is having one which isn't surprising.
I came up with a plan today for throwing our own non-corporate company party.... in the process of collecting 1000 rubles (20 quid) each from people in the office to organize something at a small inexpensive bar nearby.

Welcome to recession life! :lol:

I have to buy a secret santa! The person i'm suppose to be buying it for is some young 25 year old guy who apparantly is quite religous and doesn't like anything raunchy. I have no idea! :spank:

I came up with a plan today for throwing our own non-corporate company party.... in the process of collecting 1000 rubles (20 quid) each from people in the office to organize something at a small inexpensive bar nearby.

Thats what we done.

I have to buy a secret santa! The person i'm suppose to be buying it for is some young 25 year old guy who apparantly is quite religous and doesn't like anything raunchy. I have no idea! :spank:

hmmm its always difficult in this world of PC :)

Phil still laughs at my attempt at a christmas present for his mum when we first met.

Strong Catholic family and I wanted to get something religious yet functional and I found THE religious/functional present ever and Phil was like :eek: you cant give my Mum that!!!

It was a picture (in a lovely gilt frame) of JC and the last supper (hologram stylee) and the best bit, on the wall behind Jesus head in the background was a digital clock!!

So my thoughts, Religious yet entirely functional how brilliant is that!!!!

Apparently not that brilliant..... I was banned from getting it on the basis that his Mum would be very unhappy :?:?:?:?

Ours is Tuesday lunch...champers in the office followed by a meal at a 'trendy' place in town....i can't wait...sitting opposite someone I REALLY can't stand!!! May have to do the disappearing act after the meal!!! :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Phil still laughs at my attempt at a christmas present for his mum when we first met.

Strong Catholic family and I wanted to get something religious yet functional and I found THE religious/functional present ever and Phil was like :eek: you cant give my Mum that!!!

It was a picture (in a lovely gilt frame) of JC and the last supper (hologram stylee) and the best bit, on the wall behind Jesus head in the background was a digital clock!!

Apparently not that brilliant..... I was banned from getting it on the basis that his Mum would be very unhappy :?:?:?:?

:lol:

I came up with a plan today for throwing our own non-corporate company party.... in the process of collecting 1000 rubles (~24 pounds) each from people in the office to organize something at a small inexpensive bar nearby.

Turned out really well! 8)

The bar we initially planned to use turned out to be too small, so we made a deal with a nightclub just a block from the office. They didn't charge rent since they're usually closed on Thursdays anyway, and for about 66000 rubles (~1600 pounds), we laid out a delicious full 3-course buffet for 90 people and rented a DJ. They also let us bring our own booze and desserts so we spent the rest of our fund on ample amounts of alcohol and mixers plus a few cakes.

We started at 7 and had to kick the stragglers out at 1am. Everyone had a great time. My assistant and I are now the stars of the office :D

Works do No 4 tonight - self-funded tho..... looking forward to this one more than the big posh one last week to be honest.... 8)

The credit crunch doesnt seem to have affected my work! We had a massive birthday party here last month for all staff (500 people), then a Christmas party last night, and a Christmas lunch on Monday! Not that I'm complaining.... some of my friends havent had anything put on.

I'm suffering today.... my plan to pop in our party for just a few drinks kind of went wrong :spank:

Ours was last week, meal in a crappy restaurant then onto Chester Town for a few drinks. All self funded of course.

I avoided it like the plague.

No bonus this year, and no champers and chocolates either that we had last year.

Bah humbug!

:spank:

Someone once gave me a Jesus rubber ducky as a joke! I was in fits when I received it but maybe this boy would have been offended :lol: :lol:

This one below was exactly like the one I got!

395543336_9bf3612072.jpg

Someone once gave me a Jesus rubber ducky as a joke! I was in fits when I received it but maybe this boy would have been offended :lol: :lol:

This one below was exactly like the one I got!

395543336_9bf3612072.jpg

Is it wrong I laughed at that?!?!

My friend got from her Secret Santa a huge pair of granny pants and support tights :lol::lol::lol:

Back