Office etiquet

I would be direct and to the point, an office is a shared place politeness is needed.

yup - agree! People are always pretending to turn down my volume knob - I dont get offended - if its a shared office you are meant to take your colleague's into consideration...:D

The bosses are Irish so dont give a f**k what they say or do, regardless of HR crap and every sentence contains a swear word :lol:

I'm not PC but people know I not mean and don't try to hurt people.

yup - agree! People are always pretending to turn down my volume knob - I dont get offended - if its a shared office you are meant to take your colleague's into consideration...:D

That's what makes office fun, I have some country music fans:eek: and will break out a cowboy hat and try to sing the songs some time.

Well, it has finally got to me. I have left (at the moment transiting in le merdien, dxb). In my exit interview I told them exactly why I left - they did not believe me. I have a recording of it but dont know how to put it on here! No joke!

Well, it has finally got to me. I have left (at the moment transiting in le merdien, dxb). In my exit interview I told them exactly why I left - they did not believe me. I have a recording of it but dont know how to put it on here! No joke!

I think it was Doha that did it to you ... thou shalt not leave the country without your employer's blessing and consent. Fook that - if my previous employer knew how many times I was overseas on their time (where I could not possibly say but it doesn't take a genius to guess (!) ...) they'd have had a blue fit. Especially as they were fixated on accounting for every 6 minutes of a person's day. To this day it staggers me how I ever got away with it !!!

I think it was Doha that did it to you ... thou shalt not leave the country without your employer's blessing and consent. Fook that - if my previous employer knew how many times I was overseas on their time (where I could not possibly say but it doesn't take a genius to guess (!) ...) they'd have had a blue fit. Especially as they were fixated on accounting for every 6 minutes of a person's day. To this day it staggers me how I ever got away with it !!!

that, or the complete idiocity of the people. i have no problem of promoting your own people but, come on - this sending them to London to half do a degree and get them back as CEO's does not work! I was sheeting myself leaving today at passport control as 45 days had not passed (only 32) since i recinded my credit card - i was actually taken into a room and asked my movements. Thankfully my final settlement went through to the bank (although that is locked until 28 December).

On a plus, stopping off to my mums with my gear, on to vegas, then dc10 for new years!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're well out of it. They can stick it to be perfectly honest. Cafe del Mar in Dubai now to placate a bunch of w*nky booze-soaked expats on day release from their concrete boxes ? Give me a flipping break. Being in that part of the world is "living" with a small "l". A bit like Penis, but with a small p. Virtually shackled to various degrees and in various forms and guises depending on your position. You might as well be in an animal reserve - the locals almost certainly view you as their zoo specimens of varying degrees of curiosity, and the property of the company whose brand is on your forehead (... I mean papers).

Don't blow all your hard-earned tax free cash in Vegas in an explosion of post-repression mania (though I could quite understand it if you did ..) :lol: DC-10 will be suitably levelling I'm sure ;). Welcome home to the real world.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're well out of it. They can stick it to be perfectly honest. Cafe del Mar in Dubai now to placate a bunch of w*nky booze-soaked expats on day release from their concrete boxes ? Give me a flipping break. Being in that part of the world is "living" with a small "l". A bit like Penis, but with a small p. Virtually shackled to various degrees and in various forms and guises depending on your position. You might as well be in an animal reserve - the locals almost certainly view you as their zoo specimens of varying degrees of curiosity, and the property of the company whose brand is on your forehead (... I mean papers).

Don't blow all your hard-earned tax free cash in Vegas in an explosion of post-repression mania (though I could quite understand it if you did ..) :lol: DC-10 will be suitably levelling I'm sure ;). Welcome home to the real world.

Nicely summed up, gr8 post :D

Back