Oakey

S

Scenic

Has any1 heard if Oakey is going to be hitting the White Isle this summer??

Based on his dissappointments over the past few years (skipping out on his own night 'Perfecto @ Pacha') -- I don't think many Ibiza fans are in a rush to see him anytime soon.

In his defence he did have really bad food poisoning for Perfecto Closing Party, I have seen Oakie so many times over the last 8 years or so and that is first time he has ever cancelled so I think it was genuine. He used to really love playing his Perfecto nights, I've heard him play some wicked sets there almost up there with his glory days at Cream.

He's not confirmed anything yet for Ibiza but I'd be surprised if he doesn't pop his head up a few places over the summer - rumours that he might play for Cream on odd night, guest for Tongy @ Pure Pacha.

Yes i 've heard he is playing Cream a couple of times this summer. I was really pissed off when he got a slagging over not turning up for his own closing party, he was pretty ill from what i heard and Pete Tong and Steve Lawler rocked the night anyway.

I was at the Perfecto closing parties botjh in 2000 and 2001 and they both rocked, when Oakie was on form it was a brilliant night and he used to play some amazing tunes, U2 remixes and the like......

I had the best time at Perfecto in Pach 2 years ago and I even met the man Oakey himself - he was so charming, I got my photo taken with him and he stayed and chatted to me for ten minutes.

Me and my mate met him in Pacha last year.
He had a chat with us, he bought us a few drinks cos we were from Liverpool and he was reminiscing about Cream.

Great fella and he played some great stuff.

He also signed a CD of his album which was handed out which I lost on my way back to the hotel.
Still got the autograph he gave me on the Pacha ticket tho

My biggest disappointment of last year was when Oakey didn't show at the Perfecto closing, but like someone said above, Steve Lawler more than made up for it.

Hi guys i`m also from`Boro & will be attending tonight, strangest thing is, of all the club message boards, by far the biggest buzz about this night is on this very board :) ! Should be sooo good, going back a yr. ago Tiesto was just banging out the same old tunes week in, week out, this yr. though he`s well back on form & armed to the teeth with new tunes :D !
As for Oakie - i cant beleive i was there @ Pacha aswell & there was a few of ya`s from `Boro also & we did`nt know each other! - I aint gonna defend the man, far from it, `Coz he did`nt turn up for the Cream closing party in `98 also, Guy Ornadel filled in for him then & rocked the place, Oakie was`nt missed, i bumped into him @ the `Shack a few weeks later & asked him what happened & he replied with "i missed my flight" - the oldies are always the best eh ;) ?!?!? Anyway, yeah Steve Lawler did rock it, but was no substitute for Oakie & i would think twice b/f taking his word for it he was ill, more like could`nt be a*rsed after a bad season & being informed his night would be dropped from Pacha the following yr!
Anyway enough whinging, TIESTOOO 2night - Come oooon!!!
PaSSion tommorow aswell for me, so i wont be going full throttle tonight, gotta keep some strength in the old legs!.........

:D ShinySY! :D

EEEHHMMMSORRY, BIG MISTAKE - HAHA I MENT PVD...WHAT THE F*** WAS I THINKING, GOOD THING IM LEAVING ON HOLIDAY TOMORROW HUH? IF I GET OAKIE AND PVD MIXED UP, THEN IT´S BAAAAAAAAAAD

N8 said:
Yes i 've heard he is playing Cream a couple of times this summer. I was really pissed off when he got a slagging over not turning up for his own closing party, he was pretty ill from what i heard and Pete Tong and Steve Lawler rocked the night anyway.

I was at the Perfecto closing parties botjh in 2000 and 2001 and they both rocked, when Oakie was on form it was a brilliant night and he used to play some amazing tunes, U2 remixes and the like......

I am getting worried now I was at those Perfecto Closing Parties too, are you my shadow lol, what with Erick now Oakie where is it going to end??

I always thought Oakie was brilliant in Pacha, like you said stuff like Where the Streets Have No Name, Lemon etc........I for one am going to miss Perfecto @ Pacha this year :rolleyes:

Neil said:
Me and my mate met him in Pacha last year.
He had a chat with us, he bought us a few drinks cos we were from Liverpool and he was reminiscing about Cream.

Great fella and he played some great stuff.

He also signed a CD of his album which was handed out which I lost on my way back to the hotel.
Still got the autograph he gave me on the Pacha ticket tho

Oakie gets so much bad press, all that selling out to America and all that and being a monkey faced tw@t but when me and b/friend met him he was like you said complete top geezer bloke :D

and wat the fu@k is up with his hair......does he try to get the middle of it to stand up like that on purpose? The dude needs a new dew

I was also there at pacha closing in sept 2001....what an amazing set he played....actually to make a long story short that was the first time I had been to a club that plays trance. My buddy and I were in barcelona and he dragged me to ibiza to see Oakenfold.....i cant believe that i had to be forcefully dragged there....ignorance AINT bliss.....that show is what got me clubbing......i am going to miss him being at pacha this yr :( ....sux things didnt work out.

I still think he needs a new dew before he has his own night in ibiza....maybe thats y hes takin the yr off

-the bloke

Back