• Pepe Roselló announces the opening of a new Space •

Sankeys/Octan would still be the ideal spot for me. Smaller venue, but still in Bossa and it would breath live into that area and feel fresh and new if done right

Space should have sorted themselves out years before their lease was going to expire if they had any genuine intention of relocating.
That's one thing that puzzles me too, but maybe it just shows once again that prior to the likes of Ushuaia, Ibiza clubs were not managed very professionally. Plus they may have overvalued their brand - there used to be Space-branded events in other countries, but it never worked in a big way.

That's one thing that puzzles me too, but maybe it just shows once again that prior to the likes of Ushuaia, Ibiza clubs were not managed very professionally. Plus they may have overvalued their brand - there used to be Space-branded events in other countries, but it never worked in a big way.
Space Miami is as big as it can get....

Yeah no correlation between Space Ibiza and Miami. Gutted I was in Miami for WMC and stood near a DJ at immigration, put me on the guestlist for a 22 hour party at Space but we flaked and never went :oops:

Space has always been about DJ culture and clublife, not about livebands. As I understand it, this is a festival with live music and no DJ in sight. So it's pretty weird and off-brand. Also: Where is the (iconic) logo?

Space has always been about DJ culture and clublife, not about livebands. As I understand it, this is a festival with live music and no DJ in sight. So it's pretty weird and off-brand. Also: Where is the (iconic) logo?

I guess that depends on who owns the copyright now and whether it is subject to legal challenge. If it is the same name but a different brand and an altogether different company (if the previous one formally folded) albeit with the same man at the helm, then that would explain a few things...

that's not completely accurate. space had various years where they had live gigs (yes, concerts of bands) in both rock and hip hop circles.

@McRackin help me with some names!

So you're trying to tell me that Space was commonly known as a live music - venue? Of course you can name a bunch of bands that performed during the clubs lifetime, but when you compare the number of DJs to the number of bands that played there in 27 years I bet it's not even 5 percent live music. That's what I meant with off brand. Not even Stivi could come up with an example of a band there :)

Back