NYE/NYD - the elsewhere but Ibiza thread

It was an experience indeed! Maceo was playing a bit strange after Fjaak because he really slowed it down. I remember asking my girl if he was still doing an intro for his set and she answered he was already playing for half an hour (could be my state of mind at that point! ? )
But the set grew on me and on the audience and the last hour was really good. Lightshows and lasers like I've never seen anywhere before.
Crowd was a bit off though....perhaps because people tend to push it on NYE..everyone was very wasted before midnight.
I have really gone off Maceo - he's been doing that a lot recently.

We did the fireworks in London - really impressive, we paid for some space at a bar and a viewing area which gave us amazing views.

Enjoyed Manchester. Went around the Northern Quarter on the first day, had a booking at the washouse on the night which was something different. Really enjoyed it

New Years eve went around the printworks and a few pubs before a meal at San Carlo. Lovely food as always, then found a bar with free entry where we stayed until 11.30, hotel was around the corner walked back just in time for midnight where we watched the fireworks over Manchester Cathedral (helped being on the 7th floor)

New Years day went around Brum before the Leeds match, very quiet as expected in the city. Had 7 days on the booze so having a few days off it before Sunday where I am off to London for Charlton away. Back to work on Tuesday!

Went to berlin from new years till sat night and wow the city never disappoints. watergate and tresor were class but berghain and about blank were the highlights.

I did some stuff that i wouldnt normally do inside of clubs.... but i love that freedom in berlin. Great trip. Kinda wish london had the door policys of the clubs in berlin.

what do you mean exactly about freedom in Berlin? relaxed about drugs? long partys? day time sessions?

never been but its on my list.

what do you mean exactly about freedom in Berlin? relaxed about drugs? long partys? day time sessions?

never been but its on my list.
Im used to doing the things you mentioned but i was talking about sexually....
The girls DNGAF while i was in berghein, about blank and tresor, which allowed me to do stuff inside the club i usually reserve till after ;).

We defo need door policys on some of the harder techno nights in London. Imagine how good fabric could be if it had berlin rules?

LoL.. can't imagine anyone being dragged around fabric by the cock .
:lol::lol:
A proper door policy would cut out so many of the pricks though and prevent too many male dominated parties.

Stickers around cameras should be standard everywhere by now though. The roll out of this is happening a bit to slowly for my liking in london.

My mates brother and wife got in years ago on Dixons guest list but that still didn't make it 100% getting in but they did anyway. She had no rave history or interest in clubbing but still pretty laid back and well travelled. She was telling us at a wedding things she witnessed and it was so funny.. she was chatting to some old guy and looked down he and a Asian guy on a leash who was just eating his ass Everytime he stopped to chat or at bar.. lol

:lol::lol:
A proper door policy would cut out so many of the pricks though and prevent too many male dominated parties.

Stickers around cameras should be standard everywhere by now though. The roll out of this is happening a bit to slowly for my liking in london.
Definitely cameras should be banned. But it big free publicity for lazy big brand clubs.. so it won't happen in the likes of those. Our local has a strict no phone on the dancefloor and it work great. Guest DJs raving about it. A couple of shots from DJ box usually end of night are taken and that's it...

Definitely cameras should be banned. But it big free publicity for lazy big brand clubs.. so it won't happen in the likes of those. Our local has a strict no phone on the dancefloor and it work great. Guest DJs raving about it. A couple of shots from DJ box usually end of night are taken and that's it...
Something so simple as no cameras has a such a huge effect on the atmosphere- its great. Fold has it aswell and a pretty lax drug policy... but that doesnt really feel like a london club.

Back