nostrum's back on the island of dreams - closing parties 2010

Could not agree more with this. My crew had been also been diminished from ten people to two by about 5am (flights to catch). I was on the verge of leaving myself when things seemed to change on the terrace. I felt like this was it, this was a party and I was meant to be there. I did question whether I was just coming up again but I definitely wasn't, the only thing keeping me there was the tangible atmosphere in that room. 'The best two hours of Ibiza 2010'...for me the best two hours of clubbing I have experienced anywhere in the World. The sit down for 'M.in - Sing and Blow at the same time' was spot on, so many smiling faces. Tanzmann, Squillace and the punch of that sound system absolutely obliterated it, it was the night I got DC10. I am literally worried I will never get to feel that way in a club ever again. Amazing night, amazing weekend, amazing island.

See you next year!

I take it from that it was good then?:D

thanks everyone for your nice comments :D

HDR - yes, also glad to finally meet you and your hubby! 8)

ahhh Nostrum, I always love reading your review.

Just like you, I've travelled a lot too, and still find that when I don't go to Ibiza ( like I did this summer) even though I have an amazing time , I feel like I'm missing out!

I'm sad to hear that cocoon is not like it used to be. I keep hearing that Richie Hawting keeps farting around and not playing anything danceable. This is a shame because he used to be really really really good.. and still can be I hope.

I have now been 2 years without Ibiza ( I first went in 2004 as well) and don't think I can last another year... so hopefully see you next year!!! :D xx

utagaura - well we missed you!!! so yes, hopefully next year you're gonna be back! :D

re richie hawtin...i must say i never was a huge fan of him, but yes i had heard various good sets from him in the past. also his set at the 2009 amnesia closing party was really REALLY good IMO! i didn't like his two sets i got this year; both the live one at timewarp and also the one at this year's amnesia closing weren't great IMO.

Always spot on. Too bad, we couln't have a little more time together. I was with a large crowd from lausanne and it was quiet hard to get everybody moving.
Have to agree with you on El pato&Ars vivendi. C'était mieux avant.

As always...
an AMAZING ibiza closings review.
I agree to almost everything that u wrote and i felt the same as you on amnesia closing this year.

See you this year :)

loved reading your review, Nostrum - the highlights and the flat moments too.. so easy to empathize with so many of the places you mention.

Glad you loved Africa. I was brought up in Malawi and spent much time at the Lake and in the Game Parks. It's a special place and the people are some of the nicest on the whole continent.

^^^^ thanks.

oh africa was absolutely amazing. i'd take a plane tomorrow again if i could!

still more than two bloody months to go until i can go back! :evil:
but am very very much looking forward to meet my peeps again and to hit the closings! :D8):twisted:

still more than two bloody months to go until i can go back! :evil:
but am very very much looking forward to meet my peeps again and to hit the closings! :D8):twisted:
and as we say:

see u in the closings! 8)

what dates r u there exactly?

Back