Non clubbing holiday (I know)

The_millsy

thinking of going back to Ibiza after all the clubs have shut down (well most of them anyway). Probably the 19th October for two weeks. I wondered how quiet the island would be restaurant wise etc.

I think the weather should be ok.

Just remember Ibiza Town for example shutting down a few years ago just after Space closing.

it's much quieter, but not dead. lots of places stay open until end of october nowadays.

The missus and I went at the end of October last year. Was brilliant. We're going again this year. Cheap accommodation in Talamanca, cheap flights, Hire Car for about £8 a day and 22C weather. There were plenty of restaurants open from what we seen, although it was a lot quieter from our trip in August.

If you're there for Halloween you won't be stuck for a party or two if you're itching for a night out.

Can anyone elaborate about what and where restaurants are open at the end of October.
I got married in Ibiza in early Oct. last year and by the 3rd Marina Botofech had completely closed down for the year.

Are the restaurants in Talamanca still open?

Ibiza Town?

The strip at Figueretes?

talamanca: both hostal talamanca as well as talamanca club are open all year around.

marina botafoch: les terrasses, son a mar, temakhiño, il giardinetto etc are all open all year around

ibiza town: a lot of the places in the port close, but lots of places around plaza de parque stay open all year around.

it's really not hard to find open places all year around nowadays and less in the second half of october!

Add to the cheap prices...the best thing about October for a softie like me is the sea's still warm enough to swim in!!

I went in late October in 2014 to plan for my wedding and it was perfect. Still a nice temperature and plenty of places around the island open, but without the crowds. We stayed in Talamanca and had plenty of places to go for food & drink there and in Ibiza Town and Figueretes.

As mentioned above, Halloween in Ibiza is great fun, especially at Pikes and Bambuddha!

As mentioned above, Halloween in Ibiza is great fun, especially at Pikes and Bambuddha!

by 2015 halloween had outgrown bambuddha. it was so busy in there - think dc10 on an august day, but everyone with fancy dress on. that's why they did the bambuddha halloween party in pacha this winter. I didn't go as I was off-island, but I believe it wasn't amazing.

halloween on ibiza for me is all about boutique hostal salinas the day after halloween. all day long. fan-f***-ing-tastic.

by 2015 halloween had outgrown bambuddha. it was so busy in there - think dc10 on an august day, but everyone with fancy dress on. that's why they did the bambuddha halloween party in pacha this winter. I didn't go as I was off-island, but I believe it wasn't amazing.

halloween on ibiza for me is all about boutique hostal salinas the day after halloween. all day long. fan-f***-ing-tastic.

Ah, I wasn't aware about Bambuddha. Shame.

I would love to have gone to Boutique Hostal Salinas but I had my mother with me - Pikes by around midnight was enough for her, although she loved it earlier in the evening! :lol:

I've now booked 15 nights - 19th Oct - 3rd Nov. (Fully cancellable just incase)

Is there anywhere to find a definitive list of what's open restaurant wise?

Especially Ibiza Town and Figueretes(more specifically the strip on restaurants on sea front).

Just remember Ibiza Town for example shutting down a few years ago just after Space closing.
you have bad memory then, most of the centre of the town is open all year round... a different matter is if you refer to the port or figueretas/es vive!

you have bad memory then, most of the centre of the town is open all year round... a different matter is if you refer to the port or figueretas/es vive!

My memory is fine(surprisingly) the restaurant we were in was closing for the year as we had to eat only what she had left.
She also told us most restaurants close.

in the case of the tourist-y ones, all of them... no local would step a foot in there anyway!

thankfully plenty of good ones stay open most of the year. sa caleta, for example, only closes for christmas day... that 364 days per year!

Great news. I'm particularly keen on Figueretes as we are staying there and the strip of restaurants are convenient with the pram.

Back